News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Free Freeform Slot!

Started by GhostMachine, April 13, 2020, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

Don't know if anyone else is still playing, but if you log in before the 17th, you can claim a Freeform character slot for free. It's under the Bonus section of the Zen store.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GhostMachine

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 14, 2020, 06:45:41 PM
How is it these days?

Better. They've added a few more Archetypes, including a free Darkness based one (not great for healing in parties, but pretty good at it when soloing). A few more open world missions and an arc or two you get from characters in Millennium City that actually give decent rewards. A few other things. Same old Cosmics and world bosses, though.

BentonGrey

At the end of the day, though I loved the feeling of flying or running around the world, the gameplay just bored me, as it was the same old MMO formula.  I don't suppose it's become more dynamic, hmm?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

GhostMachine

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 15, 2020, 04:25:30 AM
At the end of the day, though I loved the feeling of flying or running around the world, the gameplay just bored me, as it was the same old MMO formula.  I don't suppose it's become more dynamic, hmm?

No, not really. As far as that goes, its the same old same old.

BentonGrey

Thanks for letting me know about this, GM!  I went ahead and fired the game back up, and I've been having a little fun adventuring.  Ha, however, the best part of the game definitely remains the costume designer. 

This is making me miss the old days of the FR team-ups.  Anyone else still playing?
God Bless

GhostMachine

Sadly, I think I am the only one still playing. We have a few still playing Star Trek Online, apparently. But not Champions Online.

All of my heroes are in either AEGIS or Menagerie, or freelance (no SG).

I haven't decided what to do with the free Freeform slot yet. Right now I'm trying to get a few levels on two of my old characters. But I have played around with the hero creator website some, coming up with a few possible ideas.

BentonGrey

That's a shame.  This is really a pretty cool game with a lot of neat stuff in it.  I just love the character creator.  It is still amazing, even on the free version.

Hey, if you or anyone else who might be lurking out there is around, I could use some help tonight.  I'm getting my clock cleaned on a mission!

I managed it, by the skin of my teeth!
God Bless

UnkoMan

I still go in Champs here and there.
I only ever got the ONE max level character. I'm not a power gamer by any stretch.

This weekend was spent bouncing back and forth between CoH and Champs. I actually only ever got to level 20 in CoH before.
It certainly has a more interesting world, more maps, better lore, but I'll always like Champs a bit more, if just for the character creator. (Though I did find the action faster and more interesting.) I was also a lifetime subscriber so all my characters are freeform, and I found that freedom so much more interesting than being confined to certain roles.
Managed to get a really cool version of MicroCosm who, despite using a lot of electrical powers, can also zap a bunch of enemies and shrink them down real tiny, while growing himself to... regular person heights. It's pretty fun! Plus, in Champs he can fly around on his little disc!

Anyhow, necrothreading but if anybody is looking to team for a tiny bit some time, maybe we can set up a small crew. I've got alts spread out over different levels, or I could always save the costumes and reroll somebody. Doesn't bother me.