My 1st mission is not running when I test it within ffedit.

Started by mal19uk, February 27, 2022, 01:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oktokels

Quote from: mal19uk on March 05, 2022, 01:32:19 PMThis is the first time I am using custom AI so maybe something I have done wrong there?

I'm not sure what the problem is that you have, but I can say that the custom ai have nothing to do with the appearance or disappearance of the characters. When there is an error in the AI, the character does not move, does nothing or acts strange.

BentonGrey

Mal, i'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  Are you saying that the base scene isn't working or that the mission isn't working?  Both? 

As OK says, AI problems can keep characters from acting, but if they aren't spawning at all, that means one of three things: 1) script problems, 2) Complex problems, 3) marker problems.

Please give us a bit more detail about what's happening and post the relevant scripts.  We'll try to help you troubleshoot.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

mal19uk

There are clear errors on the script.py but having trouble pasting it into the post at the moment. Will sort that out then hopefully will have a clearer picture of what is going on.

BentonGrey

Script.log can be helpful, but first and foremost, make sure you post your actual mission.txt and base.txt.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

mal19uk

Update: Cutscenes are now working. I regenerated the language dats and it worked. Villains and allies still not appearing though.

Here is mission.txt:

Story: mission003

Encounter: begin1
Type: Cutscene
Next: friends

Start Cutscene:
Camera on cyclops
Unfade for 3 seconds
cyclops says, "We need to take out magneto"

Encounter: friends
Type: Custom
Actions: allies follow heroes, villains fight heroes, allies remain after encounter ends
Villains: mv_magneto
Allies: angel
Marker: warehouse1

Next: beat baddies

Encounter: beat baddies
Type: Fight
Villains: mv_magneto
Primary Objective: "Defeat magneto" for 2000 prestige

Encounter: Final1
Next: Win

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Encounter: Final2
Next: Lose

Start Cutscene:
Play Transition

mal19uk

New update: All fixed! My villain character was buggy as I sent to dat the same character twice without realising from ezhero which caused a bug. I recreated the character from scratch and all is working.

BentonGrey

Great troubleshooting, Mal!  That's 90% of modding!
God Bless