News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Litterbox 2020 A

Started by SickAlice, March 31, 2020, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Mondo Gecko is on male surfer by Aphex. I scrapped everything and added a new body, costume bits, custom skateboards, new animations and scaled the entire thing.

Mutagen Man is on male heavy. I got ride of it all and built Mutagen Man and changed a lot of the properties.

Shinigami is on Thor Girl by Gren and JP. I added bits from TMNT Legends, sculpted the feet to look like her platform boots and changed some of the keyframe info. Shingami's Bat is on Mimic by Ink. I removed everything, added a model from TMNT Legends, resized it and changed the keyframes.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/tmnt.html

Bird of prey is on Mimic Classic by INK. I deleted the visible geometry and brought in a hawk model from the game Demon's Souls. I then deformed the whole thing. I also fixed the lighting on the nif. The faces are double sided in the event anyone wants to do detailed feathers with the alpha channel. Includes it's original hawk skin, an eagle, Redwing and heatmaps.

Charles Wilson MB effects is Irrationals Charles on a male basic mesh with all the effect and alpha properties enabled. It includes a nif with a donar body for FF1 that is completely set up and just needs to be copied and pasted directly into the male basic node of any FF1 nif.

A penguin 3d model from DC Universe Online matched to male basic. It goes without saying it looks a bit wonky since a penguin is not meant to move like a man especially in animations a penguin wouldn't physically be able to do in real life. Everything is resized at the handle node and the scale should be changed there if you want a different sized penguin. The nif is currently set at about the size of an Emperor penguin. I changed two keys adding a run to be used as a slide/dash and a different fly animation to be used for swimming and a sliding animation for sprint. It does not use hand, forearm nor finger nodes. It's wings stop at the upperarm even though they appear longer. Last for the commando I didn't know how to make the animation but made the rocket itself a separate piece so it's at least ready for that as well to be used for FX if one is inclined.

Note: If you visited pages on my site previously and don't see the new stuff try refreshing the page, my pages get post data or whatever on them.
http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/mods.html

Jester is on Vigilante by Ren. It is a combination of that nif and Irrationals Bard. I redid the old geometry and animations and added new stuff to make it a nif with a lot of options for skinners and hexers. Any of the parts can be swapped to the original nifs with some adjustments to the keyframes and likewise to most male nifs for FFVTTR.

Like the above refresh the page if it doesn't show, this is an old page I hadn't updated in years.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/fforce.html

Just a simple backdrop you can use for screenshots and portraits. Copy it into the Scene Root of anything with Nifskope then delete it after you're done. I included a couple other skins than the one shown like the standard blue gradient for portraits, a solid pink background for cutouts with a selection tool and some natural looking scenes just for kicks. Naturally you have no limits in what you can make with this.

Androgynous_male_Gren is a standard Gren/Jp male sculpted to different portions and weighted to male_basic standard.

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

Podmark

That is really cool and sadly I don't recognise every version.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Very cool SA, you definitely can tell that you put some love into these.

SickAlice

Thanks. I did. The texturing on the base was a bigger job than I anticipated. I didn't realize that his various skin patterns were so defined. I took liberties of course here and made the "Freedom Force-verse" version because I wanted it all on one rather than separate nifs but I feel okay about where I landed with it at least in game. Versions from left to right are Archies, Playmates, Playmates Rock N' Roll, IDW and Nicktoons. I also went back before I packed it and made a base texture for the standard so people would have a guide to work with. The wire "Uncostume" is for lining up the shirt and shorts on the male basic texture with the respective parts. Lastly there's some other stuff happening here, like a tongue that isn't used for example. I included another text file for modders and keyframers that details all that as well the changed portions for skopers.

cranlox

After years getting Mondo's action figure version of playmates. It really is great to have such a sophisticated character detailed yet somewhat nostalgic for collectors.
Thank you so much! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

SickAlice

Welcome. Finishing Mutagen Man now, finally figured that armor out. Couple days tops there.

I still have an original Playmates figure. I don't recall what he's from, not the original Raph with a squishy head but a hard head one with dotted eyes. Missing all the straps and accessories but otherwise he's in pristine shape. He's my laptop good luck charm, wards of glitches and such for me.

SickAlice

Podmark

Woah that's pretty cool.
The Mutagen Man toy creeped me out as a kid.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I opened it and drank the water. Also did that with that water/basketball game thing. I was that kid. The paste eating kid.

Oh yeah I figured out which Raph. It was the "break dancing" one. Didn't really break dance. You'd place it on this plastic piece and it would spin and you'd put the TMNT soundtrack on and play Spin That Wheel by Hi Tek 3 but it would fall over and wouldn't make it to the end of the song lol.

windblown

wow, those look great! I especially like the variety in Mondo Gecko.

SickAlice

Podmark

Nice, I forgot all about her.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Been working on those whip chain type animations for nearly a year now, phew. That is not easy to figure out manually and much of it was trial and error, usually creating a conflict elsewhere. Likewise I did try and add burrow anims but it just destroyed the mesh. Also you may notice when her hat is off it's not hanging from her back. That was on purpose, if you look at the texture there's a large blank space where the second hat instance would be. However it looks terrible with the cap animations which just floats inside and through the hat so I ended up ditching it.

BentonGrey

Haha, Mondo Gecko!  Mutagen Man!  How utterly, utterly awesome!  And what an amazing variety of his looks!  I can't believe that you even did the 60s version, ha.  Fantastic work, SA!  I knew you were working on these, of course, but you really did a fantastic job!  I can't believe how well Mutagen Man turned out.  That must have been a real challenge, and Mondo is, well, mondo! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

SickAlice

Thanks both. And they were a challenge. I've been working on those two for a long time now usually pausing because I hit a wall. Note when I say a year or so the way I do it though is I work on several things at the same time so I can cross-pollinate results. I find it's easier that way than trying to work one nif at a time. There's a much larger project this is all extending from, Lady Death, just have some big keyframes to finish there and a few more skins. Else working on Tiger Claw for TMNT today and a better Usagi, a tank version of Technodrome, the 80's Turtles Party Wagon, that shark character you requested Benton and another character with Pod are in the que on the turtles end. TC is almost done, just had some issues with vertice pulling I have to fix.

BentonGrey

Ohh wow, lots of amazing stuff on the horizon, then!  If you make the Party Wagon, I will ABSOLUTELY include it in the mod, SA!  :D

Armaggon!  :thumbup:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

Oh, never caught that. I was about to scrap the Party Wagon but I'll start it back up. Didn't think anyone would be interested in it.

Added Bird of prey.

Sioux City Dynamo

Nice!  Really like the bird of prey!
Io

SickAlice

Thanks, came out better than I was aiming for. I made it four times and scrapped each of them and was close to putting it on the shelf but had an idea while I was in shower and luckily it worked.

Added Charles Wilson MB effects.

SickAlice

Added Jester and Backdrop.

SuperPoweredYank

Those are really cool SA. Really dig those new Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill Joker skins. :thumbup:

Sioux City Dynamo

The Jester is fantastic!
Io

Podmark

That's great! Seems very versaitile.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Thanks. Versatility for skinners and skoping is becoming my goal with everything and this one left me with a lot of ground to cover. SCD here had this request of course and him and CB were working with Vigilante to get a strumming instrument thing going. I looked at that nif and was having problems with donars so I look to another sting instrument The Bard. I noticed when I did that they're the same nif and keys, it's what Ren used as a template. So it went from there. Then with Jesters I was doing a lot of research, I normally look at Venice Carnival costumes for fun so I have a lot to go to. I thought about how over the years we get a jester request every now and then. Always with a different costume design and thought I should try and make a versatile jester to nix that one. The Joker stuff came from working on a grinning face for that. Then of course I figured I should make string instruments open for people who want to work with that in the future since it's normally tough to come by. And the rest just played off that as well me trying to fill the blank spaces in the textures. I'll be pleased to see anything anyone comes up with from this. Likewise I made it open for Joker since the parts can be taken back to Vigilante for guns or Vigilantes keys back to this and so forth. Add the parts can be cross-pollinated with other  :ffvstr: standard character nifs so there's a lot of play for people there as well.

abenavides

Really like the Jester! Will play around with that one
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SickAlice

Like I said feel to msg me even when you do. I think this a good shift and hoping it sticks. It started with a bigger project I'm still doing which is Lady Death. The idea there is skinners will be able to make detailed female clothing and armor just using alpha channels. I'm going to work together a tutorial for that as well speaking of, came across a few that don't really get stencil masking which is pretty easy to do once you know the basics, Irrational uses it for much of their stuff. Look at the chicken for a good example and on the texture look where the wings are and then over at the same section on the alpha layer. It's how they made it have feathers on the wings.

SickAlice

Added penguins. Sorry about the bad screenshot there, that was totally intentional and done out of laziness, bit of a trying day for me today and I wasn't feeling it. Anyways as usual if anyone comes up with something from that I'd love to be notified and see it. Few fixes over on the Tick page to do resulted from the shuffle on the images here, I'll get to that tonight. Also this will probably be the last post and I'm going to roll over to 2020 B, getting a bit full up there.

Podmark

Nice job on the penguins. Cobblepot would be proud.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

One of those good learning examples and mostly about penguin biology and movement. I included an image I used as reference on their skeletal structure in that folder in fact. They're like all bird build but move like apes for some reason and it comes kind of silly looking of course. Also it goes it saying it was my pleasure to sit around going through NatGeo stock photos of penguins of course, my Facebook friends were drowned in them in their feeds all week lol.