Changing the run animation on mr_fantastic_tvf

Started by Jimaras8, March 29, 2020, 10:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

The default running animation for mr_fantastic_tvf is one where he walks like a stilt-man using his stretching powers. In nifskope there is a normal running animation called rub. I tried to rename rub to run but he still used his stilt-man walking. I have included some screenshots for reference http://www.mediafire.com/folder/5d4sh77qxwstp/Photos. Is there any way to change his default running animation to the rub animation since renaming doesnt seem to work.

Edit: herr are a couple of more links in case the first one doesnt work http://www.mediafire.com/folder/vsqlsw4kj0ymvtk,7nn2nuaps6npuqn,9sm2ejw2q14x9t0/shared

spydermann93

Check your "data/art/library/characters" folder (or "your_mod/art/library/characters" if you're using a mod) and copy your modifications to that folder.

When you port characters to the .dat file, it copies their mesh over to that folder. If a mesh exists in that folder, it will override whatever you're working with in your "custom/art/library/characters" folder.

Jimaras8

I know about the characters folder spyder but the thing is that i copied the skope in the custom folder and created a new hero unrelated from the one in dat. I renamed the run in animation and he still uses the old one.

By the way do you have any ai line in your mind about the ai always hunting the playable character through the entire map? I would appreciate it since i want to alter the ai of my hobgoblin hero file.

detourne_me

just use m25's keyframe tool to rename both the original and the keyframe you want.  it won't work if both animations are named run.

Jimaras8

DM, i tried to rename the rub animation to run in both nifskope and m25 keyframes transfer tool. It doesnt work, in both cases he still walks like a stilt-man. This is why i dont get it.

daglob

If I don't post this, I'll wonder... have you named run to something like runx first? Then rename runb to run...

This is a dumb question, but parents all know that if you don't ask a dumb question, that will be the one time you should have.

Jimaras8

Hahaha no problem dag, i first renamed the rub into run_2 and then changed run into rub. Finally i renamed run_2 into run. So in theory the rub animation should be the default run animation. Alas, it is not  :(

spydermann93

I'll send you what I got. Mine uses the normal run anims.

Jimaras8

It worked great. I still dont know why the renaming didnt work, it worked for me in Crystal and Magneto.