News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Male_Psycho by Texas Jack - problems

Started by Lt. Vulture, March 23, 2020, 10:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt. Vulture

Hey all, I'm having an issue with the mesh Male_Psycho by Texas Jack.  I initially tried it in FFv3R, but it was seriously messed up: body parts flying around, backpack moving independently, etc...
Then I ran it through EZNif, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.  Any advice?

daglob

There are problems with the keyframes, but I can't tell you what they are. 'Way back, someone sent me a working copy. Give me a little time, and I'll see what I can do. I have my desktop hard drives copied, but I still need to kind of go through them a bit.

daglob

It took me long enough, but try here:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/zibzuxn9fqc9a/

I double checked the FF1 version, but haven't gotten CTool2 working on my laptop yet.

Lt. Vulture

Thanks!  It's still got some keyframe issues, but not as bad as before!

daglob

Dumb question: have you tried converting the FF1 version you got from me from scratch? I know it worked properly, since I was able to view it in CTool.

SickAlice

At some point the majority of TJ's stuff was converted to the second game, I believe it was done the proper way through 3ds Max at the time. Probably was stored in a Yahoo group then, wonder if anyone has copies of all that? And yeah that part where conversion detaches the static meshes is pretty common. At best you have to manually reset everything in Nifskope by comparing converted and unconverted files, at worst you luck out and the file works for the second game as is but you're reluctant to mod it. I've been stuck on that for awhile myself even when using Blender to convert the nif and if needed I do the manually session I described above, Carnage was a recent example I used that trick on.