News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Not See Through Issue?

Started by SickAlice, February 24, 2020, 07:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I don't know how else to word it sorry but has anyone ever resolved it? It means having a piece of a nif with alpha enabled yet the pieces inside of it or are not visible regardless of whether in CTool or game. I've never figured out a way around this. I see Eye Of The Reich works but looking at it there isn't anything special about the set-up. In fact there is no alpha channel on the texture at all even though the glass is see through?

Cyber Burn

I think that may be it. Look at my Atlantean Skopes at Force of Paradox. The Sphere Helmets have no texture to them, and the helmet and head inside of it disappear at various angles. However, the Eye of the Reich Meshes look like they do have textures to them.

SickAlice

Sorry for the later reply, my mind is fogged lately. I sort of made headway. I can add one see through piece to a model by setting the alpha channels proper as well changing the alpha value in the texture property underneath the glossiness way down. It breaks the nif however and other alpha settings of types cannot be added, just gets stuck with that single one. Not a bad way to go really since I usually only run into a need for just the one see through glass piece. Still I know there has to be a correct way. The aforementioned Eye has so many different effects going on at once without any issues it's amazing. I wonder if much of it was done beforehand in 3ds Max? Wouldn't be the first time I seen something like that, like how Bacchites FX node is built right into the main body model for example.