News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Hero Machine replacement

Started by docdelorean88, January 24, 2021, 04:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

Since flash is officially retired Hero Machine is no longer operational for the foreseeable future. Does anyone have alternative hero designer programs/websites they use? I used to use Fabrica De Herois back in the day too, but now from what I can tell, their updated versions are behind a monthly pay wall.
Any thoughts?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Nyte Dragon

Hey Doc (he says in his worst Marty impression), you could try Hero Forge. I've got a post in General showing off some of the forum avatars I made with it. It's not great for doing masks or getting symbols on outfits, but it's still fun.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Tomato

So, to be fair to Herois, which I still use from when I was subscribed years ago... what they do is, you pay for the month/year for whatever version, and you get whatever the most complete build is for that month and get updates until your subscription ends. It's not an adobe situation where you stop having access if you don't pay. There's also a couple of flash replacements that turn flash back on, essentially, if you want to go that route.

docdelorean88

Quote from: Tomato on January 24, 2021, 06:32:13 AM
So, to be fair to Herois, which I still use from when I was subscribed years ago... what they do is, you pay for the month/year for whatever version, and you get whatever the most complete build is for that month and get updates until your subscription ends. It's not an adobe situation where you stop having access if you don't pay. There's also a couple of flash replacements that turn flash back on, essentially, if you want to go that route.

Thanks Tom! This information definitely helps for sure

docdelorean88

Quote from: Night Dragon on January 24, 2021, 05:46:42 AM
Hey Doc (he says in his worst Marty impression), you could try Hero Forge. I've got a post in General showing off some of the forum avatars I made with it. It's not great for doing masks or getting symbols on outfits, but it's still fun.

Thank you! I just played around with the new hero forge, it is pretty darn nice!

Nyte Dragon

I don't know if you have checked the HeroMachine site lately or not, buy they have posted a way to use HeroMachine from your PC now.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

President Raygun

Fabrica De Herois has an app for Android that works pretty well. Don't know if they have one for iPhone, if that's what you use.

docdelorean88

Thanks for the replies guys! Greatly appreciated! :thumbup: