Psst! Looking for a superhero game fix? ^^

Started by DrMike2000, January 12, 2020, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMike2000

Hey y'all!

How've you been?
I've been busy recently.
After finishing up the Universe Gun comic series last year, I've been turning it into a game. I decided a couple of years back to start making the ultimate RPG game engine in Unity ("RPGRules" I call it) and use all the tricks I picked up doing FFX back in the day.

Well, the first release is out as a demo - Universe Gun the game, and its yours free to play in browser or on PC!
http://fundamentzero.com/ugungame/

My big plans are to put RPGRules on the Unity Asset Store this year as a commercial product. In order to do that, I've had to test it thoroughly and put something of my own together.
It's a squad-based single player game with a UI similar to CoH or Champions. The cutscenes will be very familiar to FF players :) The final product will support a number of UI front ends including the "Tactical" one where you control your squad via portraits and menu commands ( but that isn't in this demo due to lack of polish ).
The core of the system is characters with powers that do things, from damage and buffs to TK, self-replication, darkness control, teleportation and everything else. I've got a robot who can duplicate the powers of any enemy within 15m. A woman who absorbs energy and grows in size and power until she's hit with a cold attack. I got destructible fire hydrants that squirt water jets and put fires out. I haven't had this much fun since... well... since Freedom Force? :D

It'll be able to make RPGs of any kind, but... my first love has always been superheroes.

Give it a look. I'd love to know what you think!
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

bearded

Well done. Smooth game play. I've got some tools I've made in Unity. Mostly text based, using Markov Chains, I can generate run-time dialogue, names of characters, locations, even personalities.  It's good for making unique battle cries and catch phrases on the fly. I've also made a unique music generator. All my work is in c#, naturally. I haven't done anything in 3d in a long time, but this could be helpful if you wanted to do dynamic missions. You are welcome to have any of it, pm me if interested.

DrMike2000

Hey Bearded!

Good to hear you've been checking out Unity too - it's such an awesome tool. Where has it been all my life? :D

I'd love to have a look at your procedural dialog scripts. It's something that I've been rolling around in my head as I put Universe Gun together.
How to make character-specific dialog? How to do that for custom characters with personality types (gruff, wisecracker, grim etc)

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com