News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Texture Issues Resolution

Started by SickAlice, December 03, 2019, 03:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Noting a lot of issues and questions through this forum about an issue that is resolved by the same easy step so here it is. Issues with textures in Blender or Nifskope: The problem is the directory structure of /skins/standard or X/. This is just a value for the FF game engine and isn't standard for 3d programs. The resolve is to simple copy any texture, just the base ones are fine and no need for refl and glow, into the main directory with the character.nif. That's all. Blender will then not have issues with the missing textures and Nifskope will display the textures automatically making it easier to be accurate when placing parts on the nif. You're welcome whoever needed to know this.

oktokels

Quote from: SickAlice on December 03, 2019, 03:44:40 AMYou're welcome whoever needed to know this.

Yahoooo !! I needed to know this !!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

Welcome. I'm not around as much as I would like to be but scrolled the forums when I came back and saw dozens of questions that are all solved by this. It's way handy especially when trying to get a piece in an exact position especially if it has to line up with another or something on the body texture in Nifskope.