How to extract nif to one solid model?

Started by Roseweave, November 20, 2019, 03:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roseweave

I'm trying to extract nifs but 1) Nifskope doesn't work, 2) I can't get Blender 2.49b to work to use those Nif plugins and 3) I can't even get the converter to work. I tried to use Ninjaripper but it's a mess.

Any ideas?

Cyber Burn

I'm not familiar with ninjaripper, but what issues are you having with NifSkope? Is there any sort of error message that comes up?

daglob

I believe  that the newest  version of Nifscope won't handle Freedom Force files properly, and needs a plug in. If you find one let me know.

Roseweave

So there's an older nifscope that does? What version?

Roseweave

Nifskope 1.1.0 works great! Does anyone know if there are any plugins for it to export a format that has textures, though?

Roseweave

Unfortunately I'm struggling - when I export OBJ I get several meshes together with no discernible way to separate them without ruining the original model. worse, some don't even load properly at all. I'm assuming because of how the models are made there's no real " Original"  complete mesh. Any suggestions?

I'll happy throw you back the STLs fixed for printing when I'm done.

daglob

V 1.1.3 is what I'm using; the older one I was using often created problems when I tried to convert a scope to FFv3R where this one doesn't seem to.

I'm not sure what you mean by "extract .nif to one solid model".

You can use Blender (v 2.48 is what I'm using) to cut pieces apart on a mesh, and export it as either FF1 or FFv3r (or other formats). I've done that when I needed to have several parts that were tied together separated.

What are you working on, and can you post screenshots?

Roseweave

Here's an example. I got this to load up in Nifskope

But when I export it to OBJ, I get this, since it doesn't support skin:

Basically, I want to export a model that looks like the above, not the below.

daglob

That is far beyond my capabilities.

However, have you tired selecting the base mesh piece and exporting it? I have done that with a kind of success, exporting Buff Female and re-importing it to FF1. It wasn't wholly successful, but it kind of worked.

And while we will answer questions in just about any forum, you might try asking questions about this in the hex-editing forum, It has become a catch-all for questions about Blender and Nifscope. There is a better chance of other hexers and better scopers seeing it.