Remote Active Defenses Causing Crashes?

Started by spydermann93, July 21, 2019, 04:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Hey everybody,

Has anybody else had an issue where an Active Defense power with the Remote Use flag checked causes a crash in FFX3?

I don't recall FFX3 ever having that issue, but sure enough, every hero that I add it to crashes the game whenever I try and use it.

Very strange.

oktokels

Yes, just yesterday when i was taking dr fate screenshots, i tried to use the active shield on an ally, and everytime i used it, game crashed. Don't know why, i just noted it, because like i said, i only watch fights. This doesnt happens in watch mode. Sorry for not being so helpful  :doh:, but worth notice that you're not the only one having this problem...

spydermann93

Yeah, I've had to resort to using the FF Active Defense attribute to get around it, lol

BentonGrey

I haven't encountered that, but I don't use it very often, so I can't be sure.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

ok, i found that the problem occurr when the AI file says that you can use remote active defense, but the flag for it is not activated. You have to check that the power has the "remote use" on.

spydermann93

You mean for custom shields, right? Not shields being used with the FFActiveDefense attribute or built-in shields.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

oktokels

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 25, 2019, 10:22:51 PM
You mean for custom shields, right? Not shields being used with the FFActiveDefense attribute or built-in shields.

yes, i do not use those types of shields, mostly cus' i havent tried them.  :doh:

spydermann93

Sorry, just to be clear, you DON'T use FFActiveDefense shields?

oktokels

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 27, 2019, 08:05:38 PM
Sorry, just to be clear, you DON'T use FFActiveDefense shields?
If by "FFactivedefense", you mean those hp shields that are from the first game, then yes, i don't use them. Mostly because i spend[ed] a lot of time working around the standard  :ffvstr: active shields, that makes the character practically invulnerable. When i started writing the AI files, i found the solution for this by making the characters use this active shields when they are 50% hp or near death. Now, that makes more sense for me for a character that uses shields, and i havent found a character yet that requires that kind of hp shield for its power build.

Sorry for spelling errors lol

p.s. it seems that the "remote use" flag, wasnt solving anything at all. I got the crash again.  :doh:

spydermann93

ok, yeah, then I understood you :P

Yeah, I don't understand why the Remote Shields are crashing. I could've sworn that they worked before.

oktokels

Bump. Having trouble with this again...Guess i'll have to stick with the FF Defenses.