Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZ hero not working

Started by eluvium, November 09, 2019, 06:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

I'm having trouble wiuth Alex's goody the EZhero thing

daglob

What problem are you having? Not working at all? I had trouble with the security settings not letting me save a file, but then not telling me, either. I had to create a folder on the desktop named "New_Heroes" and copy them to the correct directory after I saved them.

eluvium

I figured it out, but I'm wondering what is a m25.ai file and how do I import it into  :ffvstr:

eluvium

Quote from: daglob on November 09, 2019, 02:51:31 PM
What problem are you having? Not working at all? I had trouble with the security settings not letting me save a file, but then not telling me, either. I had to create a folder on the desktop named "New_Heroes" and copy them to the correct directory after I saved them.

Runtime error 76 when I try to send to dat

oktokels

Quote from: eluvium on November 10, 2019, 06:17:01 AM
Runtime error 76 when I try to send to dat

That usually happens when transforming :ffvstr: data to :ff: data. Some new active defenses have characteristics that don't apply to  :ff:, and i assume eEZ hero is more inclined to be  :ff: friendly. Hence, the error when trying to send  some :ffvstr: hero files to dat or text.

Quote from: eluvium on November 10, 2019, 05:32:59 AM
I figured it out, but I'm wondering what is a m25.ai file and how do I import it into  :ffvstr:

A M25AI file is the artificiall intelligence [A.I.] of a determined character, that will tell the hero what to do given a certain situation. The M25AI files are located where your hero files [.hero] are located. The m25ai files are opened using a text editor, that needs to have some coding tools. I use PYcharm to open .py files [used for adding custom attributes] and m25ai files [for creating and modyfing AI]. The m25 AI file of a custom character, first must be created by entering "FFX m25ai file generator..." mode in FFX RUMBLE ROOM.

eluvium

eluvium

so
what I need is a hero file editor for  :ffvstr: specifically, I've sort of screwed up my steam file for  :ffvstr:, I keep trying to uninstall it and reinstall it and nothing seems to fix it, I was installing some of the m25 mod tools into the mission folder and the active plug in folder, and also putting hero files into play, somewhere along the way I screwed up, is there some sort of mod program that aids in like a Fresh "restart from default" method or program I can utilize to get back to the original game set up so I can start my mod installations over again and coret where I went wrong

oktokels

Quote from: eluvium on November 11, 2019, 08:23:48 PM
is there some sort of mod program that aids in like a Fresh "restart from default" method or program I can utilize to get back to the original game set up so I can start my mod installations over again and coret where I went wrong
not that i know of

you could download the game from another source and try with a different version, not only steam.

eluvium

anywhere i could find it for free?

Cyber Burn

Probably not legally.

The only other download source that I know of, is GOG.

If you are able to get the disk version, you can install the game onto a flash drive as well. Great way to backup your files.

eluvium

will the disk version work on windows 7?

daglob

Mine did.

I haven't been able to run it for some time now because of memory troubles and probably the graphics card, so I  can't say for sure about Windows 10.

Cyber Burn

I was able to get mine working with 8, 8.1 and 10.