News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Nifskope

Started by eluvium, October 14, 2019, 10:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

Where cna I find Nifskope, and is there a free version of 3dsmax somewhere?

Cyber Burn

You should be able to find a copy of NifSkope in this file, located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wi3zrgusqstr2bu/Blender_-_The_Tools_of_the_Trade.7z

It also includes everything you need to set up Blender.

As for 3ds Max, I don't believe that you will find a free (legal) version floating around anywhere.

daglob

You also need to know that you will need and older version of MAX. I thought that it might be available on The Internet Archive, but no dice.

eluvium

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 18, 2019, 02:08:37 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wi3zrgusqstr2bu/Blender_-_The_Tools_of_the_Trade.7z

As for 3ds Max, I don't believe that you will find a free (legal) version floating around anywhere.

Are blender and nifskope different in terms of what they do

daglob

With Nifscope you can move pieces around on a mesh, alter them slightly, or copy pieces from one mesh to another. You can also change the mapping on a mesh, change what textures it references, and edit keyframes.

Blender will let you cut pieces off a mesh or sculpt the pieces you have up to a point. You can export the result as either a FF1 or FFv3R (or a lot of other formats) mesh. While I haven't done it, you can create your own pieces and export them as a .nif and use Nifscope to add them to a mesh. I'm still learning, myself. There is a more recent version of the program that I haven't used much, but may be more versatile.

There is a lot of other stuff these programs will do.

eluvium

thanks for all your help everyone, I got nifskope working and everything

eluvium

Quote from: eluvium on October 22, 2019, 01:25:24 AM
thanks for all your help everyone, I got nifskope working and everything

Are there video tutorials?

SickAlice

Old version of Max like they say and it won't work on new OS. There are plug-ins for the newer versions of Max the same as for Blender that have added functionality but I'd be reluctant to tell you I understand it especially keyframing. I got Max paid for by going back to school and taking classes for 3d animation, so the school flipped it in other words. Usually the best option. Free and I mean pirated versions are going to be junk more or less due to the lack of support and everything being in the Cloud so to speak these days.

Roseweave

What blender version do I need again? I know it doesn't work with 2.8

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Cyber Burn on October 18, 2019, 02:08:37 PM

Everything you need should be in here.

SickAlice

Honestly Max isn't worth your time. It is if you intend to study industry standard modelling but for these games and modding Blender is the standard as well Max consumes a huge amount of system resources to just sit on your harddrive. I can weight a model for example in Blender and finish a nif in less time than it takes me toaster to cook a bagel. Follow Randomdays tutorials and you'll have it down in no time flat.