News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Closed Until May

Started by BentonGrey, March 17, 2019, 05:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy folks!  Let me be perfectly clear: I am not retiring, I am not going away, and I am not done with FF!  Let's just get that out of the way up front.  However, I am also pretty much closed for business for the immediate future.  I had high hopes for what I was going to get accomplished this semester, but the main thing on my plate, finishing my PhD, has proven to be more demanding than I expected.  I'm rushing to finish my dissertation, and I'm pretty much working day and night on it at this point to get it wrapped up in time for May and graduation.  Those of you that pray, I would certainly welcome your prayers!  In addition, I'm job hunting, trying to find somewhere to put this degree to use.  So, I'm crazy busy at the moment, and everything not dissertation related has fallen by the wayside, including FF.  This is an announcement and an apology. 

I am going to be pretty much focusing only on my dissertation until May, and I'm sorry to all of those who have been working on projects for me or who have been communicating with me and whom I have left hanging.  I'm afraid I've just been and will continue to be buried.  For everyone I've been working with, thank you for your patience, and please don't hesitate to contact me or what-have-you, but also please be patient and persistent, as things are pretty insane for me at the moment.  I'll still be around the forums occasionally, but only rarely and briefly.  Thanks guys, and I'll see you all again in May!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I'm teaching a class with only an Intern Credential, so I'm still going to school to get my Preliminary Credential, and once I get that, then I have to continue going to school to get my Clear Credential, plus, it's been suggested to me to also get a Credential to teach students with "Mild/Moderate Disabilities" (I currently teach Moderate/Severe), which will just add an additional semester to my load. But with just whit what I'm doing, I'm completely overwhelmed, I couldn't imagine the workload of going for a PhD.

Definitely, don't apologize, I think we all understand the priorities that our outside lives have in comparison to everything else. I wish you the best of luck, and if you ever need to talk, vent, or whatever, feel free to hit me up.   

crosspotts1.0

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 17, 2019, 05:34:13 PM
Howdy folks!  Let me be perfectly clear: I am not retiring, I am not going away, and I am not done with FF!  Let's just get that out of the way up front.  However, I am also pretty much closed for business for the immediate future.  I had high hopes for what I was going to get accomplished this semester, but the main thing on my plate, finishing my PhD, has proven to be more demanding than I expected.  I'm rushing to finish my dissertation, and I'm pretty much working day and night on it at this point to get it wrapped up in time for May and graduation.  Those of you that pray, I would certainly welcome your prayers!  In addition, I'm job hunting, trying to find somewhere to put this degree to use.  So, I'm crazy busy at the moment, and everything not dissertation related has fallen by the wayside, including FF.  This is an announcement and an apology. 

I am going to be pretty much focusing only on my dissertation until May, and I'm sorry to all of those who have been working on projects for me or who have been communicating with me and whom I have left hanging.  I'm afraid I've just been and will continue to be buried.  For everyone I've been working with, thank you for your patience, and please don't hesitate to contact me or what-have-you, but also please be patient and persistent, as things are pretty insane for me at the moment.  I'll still be around the forums occasionally, but only rarely and briefly.  Thanks guys, and I'll see you all again in May!

you get them we will all still be here when you return  :thumbup: :thumbup:

SickAlice

Life comes first friend. Pretty much my situation as well. The older I get the less time I have to allocate for any hobbies. Good luck with your dissertation but I think you won't need it and that you're on top of this.

daglob

As we've said, do what is important; don't worry abut this silly game.