90's Flash returns!

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, October 24, 2018, 01:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

So if you know much about the CW DC shows, you know there's a big annual crossover.  This year, they've announced the crossover as Elseworld, crossing over CW's Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Batwoman shows--and the 90's Flash.  Yup, he's back, fuzzy costume and all.

This makes the 2nd non-CW DC show to be retroactively folded into their multiverse after Constantine.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/22/john-wesley-shipp-cw-elseworlds/
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Shogunn2517

Saw this earlier today.  Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed...

That Shipp's 90's suit look better than Gustin's dorky 2018 suit.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 24, 2018, 03:03:16 AM
Saw this earlier today.  Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed...

That Shipp's 90's suit look better than Gustin's dorky 2018 suit.

It looks better in the show than in that picture.  I'm not sure what adjustments they made for Amnell to wear it, but I don't think the suit fits him as well as it fit's Gustin. Gustin looks pretty decent in the GA suit though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Shogunn2517

Think so?

I dunno.  Looks awfully odd to me.  Granted leather-clad heroes has seem to become the new spandex these days and it might seem a little repetitive, but he looks... weird. Not sure if it's just his head or the suit or what.  Maybe it'll grow on me.

Silver Shocker

Yeah I saw this earlier. Pretty neat.

I'm also not digging Grant Gustin's current Flash costume. I find it looks a little too plain in comparison to his earlier suits. Like an example of a design that looked better in the comics than in live action (the more simplified design looked to me like an attempt to adapt the pre-New 52 costume)

Is the idea that in that universe, John Wesley Shipp's Flash is still the Flash, only in his current age?
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Shogunn2517

Not sure.  But for those not up on the series...

Spoiler
JWS was originally cast as Henry Allen, Barry's dad. He dies, but we find that in another Earth, the man who looks like his dad is actually Jay Garrick, so JWS has been the Flash of Earth 2 since season 2. However here, him being in his original costume, hard to say what they're doing. Perhaps he's another Flash from another Earth.

Which is weird because as far as I know, there has been about three characters from the original 1990 series to appear in the same Earth, universe, time line as the 2014 series(Dr. Tina McGee, The Trickster and Prank).

SN: while we're on the subject of John Wesley Shipp and Grant Gustin, did anyone realize both of them are from the same hometown (which is also my hometown as well)? Just random that two different actors playing the same character 25 years apart born in the same city on a show where that kind of thing would only make sense.