City of Titans Issue 0 coming by the end of the year!

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 30, 2018, 03:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

MikeB7

I will always be on the lookout for a future get-together of those from CoH.  If this comes online and FR shows, I will show!

RTTingle

I thought about getting in on it from day 1....  but I saw way too many kickstart campaigns just poof...

oh well, looking forward to it when it does start.

Tortuga

I'll hopefully be buying a new PC..my first in 12 years...for this!

Zapow Lives

Hey dudes! For those of you interested in City of Titans, the avatar builder has been released. The AB is available for anyone who backed the original campaign and for those who take part in the Second Chance campaign. Pledges give you access to the AB now and it will be updated regularly. As new systems are added to the AB will be updated to include them. Consider this the appetizer to a many course meal.

https://cityoftitans.com/content/now-released-avatar-builder-and-second-chance

stumpy

For those of us who haven't kept up with the CoT announcements, can someone give a pointer to what is different between CoX and CoT?

Having never played CoX when it was live, curiosity got me to test the waters recently on Homecoming and have enjoyed the game. I am curious where CoT differs and where it is headed, now that CoX is a thing again (at least for now).
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: stumpy on November 09, 2019, 09:25:00 AM
For those of us who haven't kept up with the CoT announcements, can someone give a pointer to what is different between CoX and CoT?

Having never played CoX when it was live, curiosity got me to test the waters recently on Homecoming and have enjoyed the game. I am curious where CoT differs and where it is headed, now that CoX is a thing again (at least for now).

That is an excellent question and if the game was actually being played by people, we could answer some of those.  I know it used new graphics and has a much more versatile costume designer (Which I really need to download and try) that lets you do all sorts of crazy things and the animations can be mixed and matched with powersets at will (So may character whose psychic attacks manifest as blue flames can actually be made reality.) The last thing is that one of our very own (Zapow) is helping to write the story/lore and such.

Other than that, there isn't much of a game yet that I know of.  Zones are being built and systems put into place.  It all looks cool.  But unless there's a tester in these forums who has permission to talk about such things, I don't think anyone can really answer you in detail just yet.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.