No Guy Gardner Show on CW?!?

Started by yell0w_lantern, August 09, 2018, 04:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yell0w_lantern

I mean, really, come on! He's the most interesting ring slinger. Give him the yellow ring, leather jacket, and jeans like the early nineties. Throw in Kilowog, Kari Limbo, Ice, General Glory, and Hal Jordan as supporting characters and you have a show. You could flashback to his years as the backup GL, torture in the Phantom Zone, time with the JLI, and do some slap stick a la Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead 2.  The possiblities are endless. You could start when he was a gym teacher and progress to galactic bar owner. I think they're missing the boat if they don't do this one.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Panther_Gunn

You never shoehorned in any teen angst, so CW is *never* gonna bite at that proposal.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

It will be Guy as a teen, moody, pouty, angsty as all get out. He'll ditch the bowl cut, and go for soft, wavy locks and a week's worth of stubble. He'll be at odds with his power, and forever involved in internal debates of his "worthiness".

Sometime I'll show y'all the Aquaman CW I did for Benton.

GhostMachine

Guy? Aw, no! If we have to have a Green Lantern show, you'll take a G'nort series, and like it!

:lol:

daglob

... and let Ch'p be his sidekick.

yell0w_lantern

Quote from: GhostMachine on August 23, 2018, 04:04:42 AM
Guy? Aw, no! If we have to have a Green Lantern show, you'll take a G'nort series, and like it!

:lol:

Actually, I think having G'Nort show up every now-and-then would work well.
It may not be teen angst but Guy definitely lived in the shadow of Hal Jordan. He would stand the self-questioning on its head though because the idea was that he wasn't worthy but he was either too arrogant or too stubborn to see it.
Yellow Lantern smash!

UnkoMan

I would at least watch every G'Nort guest appearance.

I'd probably watch a series where G'Nort follows Guy around the universe hanging out with, like, Driq and Rot Lop Fan and Chaselon and all the weird really non human ones, like the ones without bodies and stuff.

GhostMachine

I really don't think a Guy Gardner series would work, because Guy is a major jerk. (Substituting `jerk' for the real word, since this is a family friendly board)

Plus they had a GL tease in an episode of either Arrow or The Flash once (I forget which) when they showed a flight jacket with a Jordan name tag.

Rumors were at one time that Diggle was going to become a Green Lantern, but that was a few seasons ago. Glad that didn't happen.

yell0w_lantern

With good writing and good acting, I think it would definitely work. What if they went a little more Han Solo than full jerk?
Yellow Lantern smash!