News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Soundtrack for the DCUG

Started by BentonGrey, May 17, 2018, 05:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  I'm working on giving all of the campaign missions sound, which was a long requested feature.  I've already done a ton, but I'm thinking about doing some extra special touches.

I've gotten pretty comfortable with adding sounds at this point, so I'm considering adding hero themes to their first missions in the JLA campaing.  Thus, Batman and Superman would each have their theme music greet players in their respective missions.  Their choices are fairly obvious, as they both have great themes (though I find myself a bit torn between animated or live action versions), but I am wondering if there is anything fitting for other heroes. 

The Flash has this, which is pretty good, though a bit more Batman-y than I'd like for the Flash.

Anyone have any suggestions for the rest of the big seven?

OR do y'all feel like that will be jarring compared to the rest of the music of the mod, which will be game music.

I'm also tweaking and adding voicepacks to some characters and am looking for suggestions for some of them.

What voices would you give:
-Alan Scott Green Lantern
-Hourman I
-Flash I
-Starman
-Doctor Midnight (I had assigned him something with the label YY, which doesn't seem to exist)
-Sandman I

At the moment, they've all got the Neutral Male voice, but I want to add some variety.

More to come.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Wonder Woman's new theme is really good for an action mission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

BentonGrey

Thanks DM!

I'm also tweaking and adding voicepacks to some characters and am looking for suggestions for some of them.

-Hourman I
-Flash I
-Starman
-Doctor Midnight (I had assigned him something with the label YY, which doesn't seem to exist)
-Sandman I

At the moment, they've all got the Neutral Male voice, but I want to add some variety.

More to come.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 20, 2018, 02:56:02 AM

Digging back into the FR archives, in the pinned post that Dana put together 10 years ago (  :blink: ), this is what corresponds to that ID:

YY----sh_beast (Sledgehammer)

I don't have a copy of that one, so I don't know if there were any animalistic sounds, but if it's more of Hank's trademark long-worded quips (although nowhere near Reed's penchant for $10 words), then I could see it making sense for Doc Midnight.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

Ahh!  Thanks PG!  I was looking for that list!  Gosh, has it been so long?  Sheesh, I didn't think to look in the archive, but clearly I should have.

Anyway, apparently I stopped working on the DCUG before adding in the VPMAX awesomeness that the crew put together.  Clearly, I'll have to fix that.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Howdy guys!  Do y'all have any suggestions for voices for the Legion of Superheroes?

• Blok
  • Bouncing Boy
  • Brainiac 5
  • Chameleon Boy
  • Chemical King
  • Colossal Boy
  • Cosmic Boy
  • Cosmic King
  • Dawnstar
  • Doctor Regulus
  • Dream Girl
  • Element Lad
  • Emerald Empress
  • Ferro Lad
  • Invisible Kid I
  • Karate Kid I
  • Lightning Lad
  • Lightning/Light Lass
  • Lightning Lord
  • Mano
  • Matter Eater Lad
  • Mon-El
  • Mordru
  • Nemesis Kid
  • Persuader
  • Phantom Girl
  • Polar Boy
  • Princess Projectra
  • Pulsar Stargrave
  • Radiation Roy
  • Saturn Girl
  • Saturn Queen
  • Shadow Lass
  • Shrinking Violet
  • Star Boy
  • Sun Boy
  • Sun Emperor
  • Tharok
  • Timber wolf
  • Time Trapper
  • Triplicate Girl
  • Tyr
  • Tyroc
  • Ultra Boy
  • Universo
  • Validus
  • Wildfire
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

I think for voices I gave Blok Order, Brainy Mentor, and Validus the Wendigo pack (Manbull could always do in a pinch).  I've always thought Wildfire should be some kind of synthesized voice, and maybe something similar for Tharok.  Depending on the lines the packs have (since I haven't played with them in quite a while) I think Zetor had something like Male Sinister, or Spooky, or Necromancer that could be good for Pulsar and Time Trapper.

The rest, ???  I ended up using the more Neutral ones a lot, as I never felt like any others I had fit very well.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

SuperPoweredYank

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 20, 2018, 02:56:02 AM
Thanks DM!

-Hourman I
-Flash I
-Starman
-Sandman I

More to come.
I think the built-in Generic Hero voice would work for Alan Scott, Bullet's voice for Jay Garrick, and the voice you gave The Avenger in the Pulp Adventures mod (which is an excellent mod, btw) would work for Sandman.