News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Subnautica

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, February 05, 2018, 03:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

So is anyone else playing this?  I can't remember the last time a game sucked me this deeply into it.  I just pull part most of my base in favor of building a new deepwater home base.  It's pretty amazing.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Epimethee

I've been playing it for a year or so. Loving it!

However, I'm mostly using it as a sandbox, playing on Freedom mode rather than on Survival, and cheating (once I've found the first instance of a material, I use the console for extra copies). Basically, it's an architectural game. ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Epimethee on February 14, 2018, 07:04:38 PM
I've been playing it for a year or so. Loving it!

However, I'm mostly using it as a sandbox, playing on Freedom mode rather than on Survival, and cheating (once I've found the first instance of a material, I use the console for extra copies). Basically, it's an architectural game. ;)

I on the other hand played it for the story, discovery, and survival aspects.  And it's a good, solid story. I honestly have no interest in building something just to build it.

I'm surprise you don't just used Creative Mode, which lets you build anything without using materials, although that mode might be a new one.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Epimethee

Oh, I certainly play for the discovery and story too (which isn't available in Creative mode), and I do want a bit of challenge.

Basically I'm trying to optimize the experience for the aspects I enjoy by reducing what I feel are just repetitive busboy chores and by occupying the lulls in the progression of the story. As I advanced in the game, there were often long periods where I didn't have the impression of discovering anything; mind you, it was in part because the story wasn't completed until just before the official release.

RTTingle

Just started a month or two ago.  Loving it.  Scared the crap out of me when a Leviathan first grabbed my SeaMoth.

And the huge sadness I had when it was destroyed in a matter of seconds after I just built it.

Same damn thing happened with my Cyclops.  LOL.

Nyte Dragon

I'm very late to the party here. I watched alot of YouTube "let's plays" and really wanted to try my hand at it. (My laptop is a POS and doesn't have the room for it. Stupid HP laptop! ) But I came across the PS4 version and have been playing it. (And made a buddy of the girl running the counter where I bought it. Seems we're both Subnautica fans, and for the same reasons lol).
I have a very RL phobia of sharks, so the game let's me experience the ocean with no sharks. And like RTT, even though I knew about them, I nearly defecated myself when a Reaper decided to eat my SeaMoth.
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who

Epimethee

I hate horror movies and games, yet Subnautica is easily in my top ten games ever. I hope you enjoy yourself as much as I did, ND.

Started to play the semi-sequel Under zero recently. So far so good!