News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Maps

Started by OrWolvie1, January 18, 2018, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrWolvie1

JUst a quick question. I know there are several desert based maps out there, but did anyone ever do one of a desert base, kinda like the canadian/russian airfield for  :ffvstr:?

UnkoMan

If not, you could easily convert the Cuban airfield map or probably the one where you fight Nuclear Winter. Got to change some snow/grass to sand.
I was starting to do that, but got distracted by other stuff.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: UnkoMan on January 19, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
If not, you could easily convert the Cuban airfield map or probably the one where you fight Nuclear Winter. Got to change some snow/grass to sand.
I was starting to do that, but got distracted by other stuff.

I thought about that. It's close to what I'm after, but not quite. So is the desert fortress map, but still, not quite. What would be perfect would be a combination of both of them, but I've discovered as of late that my skills are nowhere near at the level needed to tackle something like that. I'm also trying to figure out how to make the turrets fire at approaching enemies, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Still playing around with that idea.

UnkoMan

The turret thing I am unsure about. Presumably that would have to be made as a character.

If you have this Canadian/Russian airfield map, could you not adjust those textures to be sand, also?

daglob

Someone had made a desert map; for fun I put Road Runner and Wyle E in it, and had Marvin and his Instant Martians.

BentonGrey

Haha, that's cool DG.  :)

Or, turrets are relatively easy.  Check out my Marvel mod or (I think) PCT and you can see some examples.  You have to have both a character and object entry.  You can also see examples of how I use them in missions in 03_mua in the Marvel mod.  I like to spawn in turrets and give a player a chance to take them over.  That's just a matter of two sets of encounters, one with evil turrets, and one with friendly turrets that replaces the previous one after a third encounter with an 'Examine Object' or something to simulate players reprogramming the defenses.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/