Started by Podmark, August 20, 2017, 12:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the Az-Bat?

Love
Meh
Dislike
Hate

Podmark

This week I'm going to step away from the Rebirth designs and instead tackle a 90s Batman design, the Bat armor used by Azrael:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Tomato

Because nothing says "I am hiding in the shadows" like shiny gold, red and white sections.

It's so... bad. I only didn't give it a hate because I don't have any particular hatred for it.

BentonGrey

1: I'll do it for you.  Yeah, this is one of the worst examples of 90s EXTREEEMMMMEEE excess that doesn't involve Rob Leifeld.  You've got your weird and unnecessary pouches, super pointy bits, armor, and it's all dripping with angst.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

"Meh". When it first came out, I thought it was awesome. A sign of the times, I guess. In retrospect, though, if it was introduced now, or if it was still being used, then I would definitely go with a strong "Dislike", maybe even a "Hate".

Podmark

I actually Like this design. As an armored design I think it looks kinda cool. I wouldn't want Bruce Wayne wearing it as Batman, but for some hi-tech villain I think it'd be pretty decent.
I would get rid of the spike-fins on the lower legs and gauntlets, or at least redesign them. They look silly as is. I'd also get rid of the pouch pad on the left leg, mostly because asymmetrical.
Anyway I can see why people aren't big on this. The colour scheme is a little odd, and it's an curious fusion of tech and costume. It's an interesting costume to me.

In the current issues of Detective Comics Azrael wore a modern version of this, but I haven't gotten a good look at it yet. I'm curious if they've made it really work or not as it's a concept that could translate to a modern redesign pretty well. This return was also the inspiration for this poll.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

I like it for what it is: Batman gone horribly wrong. 

Remember, Valley turned out to be a terrible Batman, and this suit was just indicative of all that was wrong with his being Batman.  It s a terribly 90's suit which is exactly what it was supposed to be. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka