News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Favorite Star Trek Show

Started by kkhohoho, July 08, 2017, 03:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Star Trek show?

(T)he (O)riginal (S)eries (Includes TAS)
12 (40%)
Next Generation
8 (26.7%)
Deep Space Nine
7 (23.3%)
Voyager
2 (6.7%)
Enterprise
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

HarryTrotter

Only because bad and "trying to imitate a 20 year old tv-show" are not quite the same.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HANK

In general,I think the static idea of DS9 enabled them to truly demonstrate the results of the groups activity instead of We discover a Planet-of-Hats,teach them why their insensible ways are awful and bugger off at twist speed.

HarryTrotter

Quote from: HANK on May 21, 2019, 11:57:42 AM
In general,I think the static idea of DS9 enabled them to truly demonstrate the results of the groups activity instead of We discover a Planet-of-Hats,teach them why their insensible ways are awful and bugger off at twist speed.
Wow,thats almost like what I said. 🙂
Jon Farmer

SickAlice

I think of Star Trek like I do Ninja Turtles, there's no wrong answer. More there's just the nostalgia for whichever a generation grew up with. My generation was therefore TNG. In fact there wasn't many highlighted live action shows in the era, most were either sitcoms or Cops. It was a show my best bud and I would have little hangouts with pizza bagel snacks and such for each new episode. So it has that special place for me. My moms is the original series for the same reason. My cat Peanut likes the original, his favorite show period for that matter. I think it's because of the odd reverb sounds and more because the angles on the close up shots are ocular not unlike how a cat is supposed to see a human head from it's vantage.

HarryTrotter

So Im watching Enterprise and I remembered 2009 movie referencing Scotty killing Archers dog...and I had to google that. So Scotty didn't actually kill Porthos. Yes, it's the same dog and his well over a 100 by the time of the movie. #TheMoreYouKnow
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Medical science in the future....headaches were considered so rare that it was a serious reason to take notice.

Leonard McCoy was 137 years old when he retired from Starfleet.

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

I did see What we left behind (the DS9 documentary) and its actually good. When it's not talking about politics. And Ira Steven Behr (and his blue beard) has an actual checklists. And laments not talking enough about sexual identity. Ira is the only one to call Profit and Lace a good episode. Ever.
But damn,once the writers sit down and start pitching a season 8 pilot...they still got it. I would definitely watch that. CBS,why are you not funding this?!
The cast reads some of the hate mail from back in the day,and ironically,all the things people complained about are what ended up making it timeless. Turns out people want to see "them farting around the space station and talking about their feeling". 😄
And as the documentary point out,being able to binge it certainly did DS9 a favour.
Sadly,we lost Odo in the meantime,so this hits kinda differently.
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

QuoteSadly,we lost Odo in the meantime,so this hits kinda differently.
Yes, indeed. That is a sentiment shared by many.

I may have to stream that DS9 documentary sometime, because I keep hearing good things.

QuoteBut damn,once the writers sit down and start pitching a season 8 pilot...they still got it. I would definitely watch that. CBS,why are you not funding this?!

Yeah, I'm going to have to watch that part. I'd love for CBS to make that now, but something to consider is that a lot of the actors in question might be off the table. The actors for Odo and Nog passed away in recent characters (two of the absolute best characters on that show), other actors might not be acting anymore afaik, and Avery Brooks....well, the one thing I'll say is that I've heard him described as a "recluse" to the point it was rumored a year or two ago that The Sisco might be resurrected in a future ST show....played by Cirroc Lofton (Jake's actor) instead.

If CBS made a continuation with like 3 or 4 returning actors (you all know full well Shimmerman and Jeffrey Combs would be down for it, and I'm sure Michael Dorn will cave given enough time and money) I wouldn't complain in the slightest, but....well, we'll see.

Plus I suspect Ronald D. Moore probably has no interest in being involved years after Battle Star Galactica went off the air, and DS9 was his baby as far as I'm concerned. You and I both rewatched those TNG episodes he wrote that were a blatant back door pilot for DS9 and they were damn good.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

QuoteAvery Brooks....well, the one thing I'll say is that I've heard him described as a "recluse"
I think he had a drinking problem?
QuotePlus I suspect Ronald D. Moore probably has no interest in being involved years after
He seemed pretty into it here. Granted,I don't know if he would be up for it right now,or if he would be available.
In theory,the writers still got it,the crew is still holding up pretty well (this was 2018,granted),you could do season 8 tomorrow. In practice,I doubt CBS and Kurtzman even considered that. And seeing their track record,we should be grateful.
Jon Farmer