News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Dr. Doom?

Started by Shaboba, October 24, 2017, 03:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaboba

I can't seem to find a Doctor Doom voicepack... but I feel like one must be floating around somewhere. Is there any chance that someone could potentially help me out with this?

crimsonquill

I don't believe there is an official voice pack for Doctor Doom.. maybe, for FF there was a custom voice for a Mod but it was bare bones or sampled clips from cartoons/games.

I have one in the works as part of VPMAX which are sampled from Marvel Heroes PC version but it's coming along very slowly with medical issues I've been having.

Maybe BentonGrey might have an ace up his sleeve that might rescue the day.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Shaboba

Thanks for the info! And don't stress yourself, your health definitely comes first.

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I'm afraid I'm fresh out of aces.  I don't remember what I used for Doom in my MA mod, but I didn't have a custom pack; I know that much. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Panther_Gunn

Well, now that the board has gotten over it's SMF hiccups, I can reply.

There were two different Dr. Doom voicepacks included in the original EZ Voice Pack Installer.  The first one was from the Fan 4 mod, and contained 12 sound files.  The second one was from Flying Infant, and contained 13 sound files.  It sounds like he recorded the lines himself, and ran them through a filter to give them an electronic quality.  To me, they all sound clipped short at the end.

I can pull one or both of the folders and zip them up to send if you'd like.  btw, thank you for asking about this; I'd forgotten that they were there, and my Dr. Doom build didn't have a voice to go with it (since it was one of my later ones that I had to rebuild from scratch after the laptop was stolen).  When I get the time I'll probably go back & open up the original Fan 4 files and see if there's any additional dialogue lines for Doom that weren't included in the voicepack that I could use or trim for use to pad it out a little bit.  I did the same thing for Batman from the JLA mod, and I think also for Hulk, Thing, and the Human Torch.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Shaboba

Hey, awesome! Thanks for going down memory lane with those voice packs, I'd love to get those Dr. Doom ones. Meanwhile I've been trying (and mostly failing) to locate isolated voice clips from Marvel vs Capcom 3, since a lot of the Marvel characters from that game have a lot of good sounds that would be useful for a voicepack, especially for more obscure characters like Dormammu (or even Shuma Gorath if some brave person ever decides to make him haha).

Panther_Gunn

Remind me of your email address and I'll get them sent out to you.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.