News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Adapting a model from....

Started by Deaths Jester, April 07, 2017, 09:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Okay, normally I'm not one to pontificate on meshing because I don't know jack squat about it.  That's why I want to ask this before moving forward on something:

Say I got a double-barreled shotgun model from Model Resources, could I then go in and adapt that model to say have six barrels instead of two and still be able to use it in FF? Or is adaption of the Model Resource models not viable/need something more than Blender/ect?  Tinkering with an idea for a potential idea but I want to make sure this can be done first.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

There are still other sites to try before putting in the extra work on this. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I'll try to post some links tonight.

Deaths Jester

I'm looking at possibly doing Marvel's Cockroach Jones but I want to have him wield his six-barreled shotgun named Jeff....been wanting to do him for a while but have never found anything that would work...and I don't have the knowledge to port stuff over from another game....course not having a computer that's working also no help....but I digress. 

Cyber Burn

I've done some tinkering with (Obj.) Mesh pieces, and then have gotten them to convert into (.Nif) Format and work in FFvt3R. I'm not always successful, but it is possible.

As for importing Mesh pieces, I still can't get Characters to import, but I have had success with Weapons. If you see one that you're interested in, feel free to send me a link, and I'll be glad to give it a try.

detourne_me

Hey DJ, what you are asking for could potentially be pretty easy to do for me. Just need to highlight the vertexes for the barrels and duplicate them a few times.  Is it six barrels, 2x3 high, so it looks like a six-pack? Or is there a different configuration of barrels.

Deaths Jester

It's like a six pack...three on the bottom, three on top. Let me see if I can find a pic for you.

detourne_me

Deaths Jester

YES! That's Cockroach's favorite shotgun, Jeff.

detourne_me

Here's what I got so far.  Any changes to be made?  Would you like it with reflections or not?  I could connect it to a male_basic_lightmap and add reflections for it.

daglob

Looks like something my grandfather had...

Deaths Jester

That looks perfect, DM! As for refl...it's your call because I can go either way. Bit amazed at how fast you threw that together. I was actually going to tell you to take your time on it b/c my comp troubles are going to keep me from doing much and this isn't anything important.

detourne_me

Quote from: daglob on April 08, 2017, 05:43:11 AM
Looks like something my grandfather had...
hahahah!!!

OK, here's a rather basic version, then.  http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxnutw8aodvhk02/HexaBarrel_Shotgun.zip
It should be sized appropriately. no reflection, but I could add it later if needed.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 08, 2017, 06:32:24 AM
That looks perfect, DM! As for refl...it's your call because I can go either way. Bit amazed at how fast you threw that together. I was actually going to tell you to take your time on it b/c my comp troubles are going to keep me from doing much and this isn't anything important.

No kidding! Fast and awesome, great job DM!

Deaths Jester

DM, you are awesome! I've been searching for a way to make Cockroach for a few years and here you go making what I needed in a day. I owe you! (Note: could you leave that model up till Monday afternoon so I can def dl it, I would REALLY owe you.)

detourne_me

You're welcome dude. Ive never heard of cockroach hamilton before, but after looking for pics he looks ridiculously awesome. Just the right level of D-list Heroes for Hire villain. He really looks like Russel Simmons from Ed Piskor's  Hip Hop Family Tree. No doubt he was inspired by the bronze age Marvel stuff.

style

The Ultimate Fan!