herofile troubles game crashing

Started by eluvium, August 21, 2022, 09:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eluvium

https://imgur.com/ZJ2dmgq

So I just put in a bunch of herofiles, Ijust got ffx working I just got ezfx6 the way it needs to be, but IU can't seem to get the characters to appear as demonstrated via OBS game capture footage in the provided link, how does m25.ai work? does it go in with the hero file?

oktokels

Quote from: eluvium on August 21, 2022, 09:43:08 PM
how does m25.ai work? does it go in with the hero file?

m25ai is a type of file that is generated once you process your custom heroes through the m25ai generator mode, in the rumble room

The m25ai files generated are usually located in AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes, there you can open them with a text editor to modify the AI tactics.

The other problem you are having is probably because your hero files are not pointing to the correct folder where the meshes are located. Fix the path files in EZHero. I'm not 100% sure about this though, so try this and if it doesn't work, ask again.

eluvium

Quote from: oktokels on August 22, 2022, 02:14:21 AM
Quote from: eluvium on August 21, 2022, 09:43:08 PM
how does m25.ai work? does it go in with the hero file?
I have my freedom force launched froman external drive, is the app data thing alterable?
m25ai is a type of file that is generated once you process your custom heroes through the m25ai generator mode, in the rumble room

The m25ai files generated are usually located in AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes, there you can open them with a text editor to modify the AI tactics.

The other problem you are having is probably because your hero files are not pointing to the correct folder where the meshes are located. Fix the path files in EZHero. I'm not 100% sure about this though, so try this and if it doesn't work, ask again.

spydermann93

Regardless where your game is installed, it should still be in your AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes folder.

I have my game on my D drive, but my hero files are still in the AppData folder on my C drive.

And yeah, for characters that have missing meshes that you cannot see in your Characters list, you're going to have to open that hero file in EzHero and change the path to its mesh.

eluvium