FF Museum and Preservation Society

Started by WyldFyre, February 01, 2017, 01:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldFyre

Quote from: Kenn on June 07, 2017, 04:40:23 AM
Since you have plans to give Copper an "Other" section, why did you lop the Archie/MLJ characters in with DC?  The MLJ characters are "Other" not DC.  Yes, there are characters DC created with the Archie heroes names, during the periods they licensed stuff from Archie.

Actually had put them there because of the DC licensing. But, I have plans to move them into the "other" section as they are actually pre-DC. I hadn't realized originally that they were the older Archie/MLJ characters. (I never actually read the DC versions and didn't realize that they had re-vamped the characters. I thought they had used the originals.  :doh:)
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Just stopping by to let everyone know I'm still working on the Museum. RL and work have been kicking my arse lately. Been working nights/days/weekends for 2 months now and have been dealing with my mom having to go through chemo. She's 82 and just had a lumpectomy for breast cancer. I'll get back to the Museum as soon as I can, but just haven't had the time.

For Freedom!
For Freedom!

naitvalis

you have done already such a great job with Museum WyldFyre, i hope things will improve for you and your family.

daglob

I feel for your mother. I hope all the anti-nausea drugs work, and she suffers few side effects.

Cyber Burn

Real life first, my friend. I hope things get better. Thoughts and prayers go your way.

John Jr.

Thanks for all your hard work, WF. I wish a fast recovery for your mom.

Deaths Jester

...been meaning to ask: any new developments?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

WyldFyre

Haven't had a lot of time for a while now.

My Mom has finished her treatments and everything seems okay. They found something on her thyroid, but a biopsy turned up negative. At 83 she's doing pretty well.

I hope to get back to updating the museum soon. <and fixing some files that have been reported>

For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Been a while.  I hope to have an update to the museum soon. My file transfer program hasn't been able to connect, so I haven't got things up yet. But I am working on it. Including a page for Death's Jester's old skins.
I wanted to get them up this weekend but I haven't been able to yet. So a little longer before I have an update.
For Freedom!

daglob

WyldFyre

Well, I've hit a snag.  I can't seem to log on with my file transfer program. Using the info I had originally (username/password) but it won't connect. I sent a PM to CWWBH but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully I'll have something soon.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Seems like forever since I've worked on this. I have been completely unable to upload anything to the Museum.  Apparently ownership of the host changed and, for whatever reason, the transfer protocols changed as well.

I am in a position now to purchase my own web hosting, so I intend to move everything over to a new host soon. I will keep everyone advised as I go. I have all of Bobby69/Vertex's meshes ready to go, just couldn't get them to upload.

So New Year - hopefully Old Content for everyone to enjoy.

More (hopefully) soon.
For Freedom!

daglob

Quote from: WyldFyre on January 06, 2021, 10:01:15 PM
Seems like forever since I've worked on this. I have been completely unable to upload anything to the Museum.  Apparently ownership of the host changed and, for whatever reason, the transfer protocols changed as well.

I am in a position now to purchase my own web hosting, so I intend to move everything over to a new host soon. I will keep everyone advised as I go. I have all of Bobby69/Vertex's meshes ready to go, just couldn't get them to upload.

So New Year - hopefully Old Content for everyone to enjoy.

More (hopefully) soon.

:thumbup:

BentonGrey

Great!  I'd be willing to contribute to a group hosting fund, if that would be a thing we wanted to do.

Also, I've got everything from the Toybox, so let me know if you need it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

WyldFyre

Greetings All.  After finally getting some time, I have uploaded the barest of museum content. We present meshes by Bobby69 to start, with the hopes of much more to come.  I am working on porting the skins from the first site over and adding more as time allows.

Let me know if there are problems with the downloads or anything else.

http://ffmuseum.org/

Also posted link at start of thread.
For Freedom!

oktokels

Oh god, that's a lot of great stuff  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:  Congratulations to all who worked on this, great work !!  :thumbup:

WyldFyre

A new Museum Update!  Because no one demanded it - A selection of early skins by our resident booze hound and undead Titan - Death's Jester!  I apologize for the lack of previews, I worked with what was in the files. I intended to make the missing ones, but 
time did not allow. (And apologies DJ for how long it took me to get these online.)

And the first port from the original Museum pages - The Electric Freedom artists - Ace Frankly, AoA Supergirl, Styles and Tommy Troy.  Working on more as time allows.
For Freedom!

abenavides

Looking great. I still have (and use) some of those Electric Freedom skins!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

WyldFyre

Update!

Finally got the Bobby69 meshes updated. I am still compiling his work as Vertex.

I have one question for the community.  I have one mesh - male_basic_whirlwind - which I have as attributed to either Valandar or Bobby69. Does anyone know who is the correct author? I plan on adding Val's work as well and want to credit the right author.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

Great job WF! Looking forward to more of the classics being preserved and available.

On Whirlwind, I did some searching on the Wayback site for NewPowerInc. If you hit the yahoo archives tab under meshworks, male_basic_whirlwind shows up as being under yahoo group "Bobby69 #7"

RD

WyldFyre

Thanks RD. I'll add it to the archive.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Added the works of Vertex to the Museum.

If there are any which I may have missed please let me know.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

New Update!

Meshes by Lord Ehmsidy and skins by Psycho Pirate now available in the Museum!

Enjoy!
For Freedom!

spydermann93

Doesn't seem like I can download any of Lord Ehmsidy's stuff?

I'm getting a 404 on the several I tried, including Freddy, the Daemonite, Heihachi, Piccolo, and more.

WyldFyre

Hmmm. It may not have updated everything yet. I'll check on it though.
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Should be okay now. It didn't upload my saved page with all the correct files. Just checked and seemed to be working.
For Freedom!

spydermann93

abenavides

Awesome work. Makes me feel like it's 20 years ago when I look at that site! :)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

WyldFyre

I know. I still remember downloading things from the original web sites. I just wish I hadn't lost a lot to hdd crashes over the years. I have more and better back-ups now.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: WyldFyre on December 09, 2021, 01:10:05 AM
A new Museum Update!  Because no one demanded it - A selection of early skins by our resident booze hound and undead Titan - Death's Jester!  I apologize for the lack of previews, I worked with what was in the files. I intended to make the missing ones, but 
time did not allow. (And apologies DJ for how long it took me to get these online.)

And the first port from the original Museum pages - The Electric Freedom artists - Ace Frankly, AoA Supergirl, Styles and Tommy Troy.  Working on more as time allows.

Will note that most of what is up comes from my time at FFC along with a few of the things I posted on Kraven's old site.  If you are looking for anything that was on Electric Freedom, FFUnderground, NPI, FF Asylum/UnfluffyBunny, or any of the other places I've resided...not there yet.  Not like we need them though...Wildfyre is doing more than enough as it is!!

Quote from: abenavides on January 28, 2022, 06:12:59 PM
Awesome work. Makes me feel like it's 20 years ago when I look at that site! :)

Great...now I feel even more ancient...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.