FF Museum and Preservation Society

Started by WyldFyre, February 01, 2017, 01:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naitvalis

this is an Excellent site WyldFyre! i guess we could call this a "Vintage" great collection!   

WyldFyre

Thanks Nait, I'm trying to save as many of the prior works as possible.

A small update to Styles and Dirk Thorazine's displays. Thanks to Cyber,  Bishop has been added to Styles area and Superman, Punisher and Wolverine have been added to Dirk's gallery.

Hope everyone enjoys them. Still working on getting some of our resident Jester's skins ready to hang. And a special Anniversary display is planned as well.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

You've got to remember, I've been hosted on a lot of sites, WF. It's bound to take quite a bit of time getting my stuff together.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

WyldFyre

You ain't whistlin' Dixie DJ.

Worst part is the skins I know I'm missing. Hopefully we'll get as many as possible though.

You did a LOT of skins. I've been removing the e-mail addies from the readme files as I go. And I'll have to make some preview pics as well. A lot of the zips don't have any.

For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Yeah, sorry about the lack of preview pics in the zips. Most of the time the previews were sent seperate from the zips so those hosting the skins could go straight to work without having to look for them.

As for the amount of skins, I think I passed the thousand mark around the time C6 did...so who knows how many more there are out there. Never really kept a good count or list of what I did over the years, I just kept skinning.

WyldFyre

Update!!!!

Thanks to Jeremy, we have Psycho-Pirate's Col. Worobu skin.

And a Gallery has been opened for Copper Age. Only the DC related for now. And as always, if you know of any skins missing from the Museum displays, please let me know.  I only just found out that I am missing a Darkseid skin by Dirk Thorazine. I'm checking to see if maybe it was the standard on Beyonder's mesh.

Come, browse, enjoy. As always admission is free!
For Freedom!

John Jr.

Impressive work, Wyldfyre! So many skins from before my time, it's like a time capsule from the FF's beginning.
Thanks for your hard work.

WyldFyre

Thanks for the kind words JJr. I'm hoping some of the original artists can find some new appreciation.

Still working on a special anniversary page and cataloguing D. Jester's skins. Hope to have some more up soon.

For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Come one come all....

See how our artists used some of the original FF Meshes to create their own take on these immortal characters.......

Come peruse the works of Ink, Glitch Girl and the great Gryphon in a display to celebrate our respect and honor of their hard work!

And yes (still working on the works of the Jester of Death) more displays to come.

Side note: Were the Canadian FF ever released outside the Mod? I have the mod and skins, just wasn't sure if they were available anywhere else.

Enjoy everyone!

FOR FREEDOM!!!
For Freedom!

spydermann93

Such lovely skins! I'm really glad to see Gryphon and GG getting their stuff hosted, and I've actually never seen those INK skins, before. NICE! :thumbup:

As for the Canadian skins, I don't think they've been hosted anywhere. I haven't ever seen them.

Cyber Burn

Great job WyldFyre!  :thumbup:

As for the Canadians, I've only ever seen them in that Mod, never individually, or Online anywhere.

I am having some difficulty with GG's stuff though, some of the Files won't open.

John Jr.

Thank you so much, WyldFyre! I was looking forward to those Gryphon's "Alternate FF" skins.
The museum is already one of our most important sites. Thanks for your hard work!

Deaths Jester

WF, I just took a check at the Anniversary under Gryphon's section.  His Monster is actually for a thing Prem put together not part of the FF Heralds of Freedom Skins.

spydermann93

Huh, I guess that's why he always seemed a little out of place.

Though I swore that he was in the same section as the orhers, so maybe that's why I assumed that he was a part of the team.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: spydermann93 on March 27, 2017, 08:18:27 PM

Though I swore that he was in the same section as the orhers, so maybe that's why I assumed that he was a part of the team.

It might've been but I know from Prem that the Monster was part of his Evengers group and his mod....even did a revamp of it myself for Prem a few years back.

daglob

The Monster was on his site, on the same page as Red Raven, Iron Maiden, Emerald Enchantress, and Redcoat.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080810204022/http://www.chynaman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/FF/FF.html

WyldFyre

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 27, 2017, 09:33:19 PM
Quote from: spydermann93 on March 27, 2017, 08:18:27 PM

It might've been but I know from Prem that the Monster was part of his Evengers group and his mod....even did a revamp of it myself for Prem a few years back.

Yeah, that's why I included it. NP though, I'll remove that one. And I hope to have Dark Jared's Canandians up this weekend.

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 26, 2017, 11:34:03 PM
Great job WyldFyre!  :thumbup:

As for the Canadians, I've only ever seen them in that Mod, never individually, or Online anywhere.

I am having some difficulty with GG's stuff though, some of the Files won't open.

Any particular files, or just in general. I'll take a look when I remove Monster.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Np, only reason I knew that was because of Prem/Prev annoying me about it when I was revamping the character for him.

daglob

Yeah, this was at Gryphon's site. And the Readme says he joined The Heralds, so...

He was probably making it up as he went along. I dunno. I always liked it.

Deaths Jester

Weird...hey, if Gryphon said it joined the Heralds then it did. Leave it on, WF.

daglob

Maybe post it with Prem's stuff when we get around to it. ;)

Cyber Burn

Hey WyldFyre, check out the "Adam" File. When you run your mouse over it, it says "Adam.zip". It downloads fine, but I get an error message when I try opening it.

WyldFyre

Quote from: Cyber Burn on March 28, 2017, 07:24:34 PM
Hey WyldFyre, check out the "Adam" File. When you run your mouse over it, it says "Adam.zip". It downloads fine, but I get an error message when I try opening it.

Give it a try now CB. Somehow the file got an extra extension on the end. I was able to open it with np.
For Freedom!

The_Baroness

Hi Wyldfyre, thanks for pointing me here and glad to be back, a bit.

Upon more testing the files CAN be opened with winrar but shown as corrupted/unusable with winzip, renaming them from zip to rar also works. The affected ones are:

Adam, Alche-mister, bluebottle, la_diabla, queenant, Menta, sea slugger, truth, justice and woman-bot

laughing paradox

I am so impressed with this effort but I'm not surprised -- this is such an amazing community. Thanks for preserving all these works!

Is there a full list of creators that you plan on hosting that can be added to? Blobula, Unfluffy/Syn (Freedom Asylum, really), TAP43, Bevo.. the list goes on.. so many great contributors through the years.

WyldFyre

Quote from: The_Baroness on April 16, 2017, 12:34:14 PM
Hi Wyldfyre, thanks for pointing me here and glad to be back, a bit.

Upon more testing the files CAN be opened with winrar but shown as corrupted/unusable with winzip, renaming them from zip to rar also works. The affected ones are:

Adam, Alche-mister, bluebottle, la_diabla, queenant, Menta, sea slugger, truth, justice and woman-bot

I'll take a look at them. Could be that I converted them from 7zip.

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 16, 2017, 03:46:08 PM
I am so impressed with this effort but I'm not surprised -- this is such an amazing community. Thanks for preserving all these works!

Is there a full list of creators that you plan on hosting that can be added to? Blobula, Unfluffy/Syn (Freedom Asylum, really), TAP43, Bevo.. the list goes on.. so many great contributors through the years.

Yeah. The list gets longer every time I sit at the PC.  :lol:
For Freedom!

The_Baroness

How do you all feel about storing all the NPI originals somewhere?

Of course we would have to ask each creator for their opinion on this, but it would be a shame if all these great creations get lost forever.

I think maybe yahoo groups or the same FF Museum... IF they agree to have them preserved

WyldFyre

Quote from: The_Baroness on May 18, 2017, 06:27:49 PM
How do you all feel about storing all the NPI originals somewhere?

Of course we would have to ask each creator for their opinion on this, but it would be a shame if all these great creations get lost forever.

I think maybe yahoo groups or the same FF Museum... IF they agree to have them preserved

I am fine with this. The museum is a place for all those "no longer available" creations.

<as I can get to them that is. RL sometimes sucks>
For Freedom!

WyldFyre

Finally an update!!!

Now at the Museum - Atomic Robot's Jimmy Olson skins and The Monk from the golden age of Detective Comics.

Also Copper Age's Marvel characters are now on display.

And Kingpin by Dirk Thorazine as well!

<Still working on a base skin gallery and the works of the Jester of Death. Hopefully sooner than later.>

Come see the new displays.
For Freedom!

Kenn

Since you have plans to give Copper an "Other" section, why did you lop the Archie/MLJ characters in with DC?  The MLJ characters are "Other" not DC.  Yes, there are characters DC created with the Archie heroes names, during the periods they licensed stuff from Archie.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.