News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kale

Started by daglob, January 18, 2017, 08:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I saw an article on kale. This seems to be the vegetable of the decade (along with quinoa, whatever that is), and this guy was complaining about how he was finding it in everything these days: salads, casseroles, soups, sandwiches, panninis, "bowls", rigatoni, falafel, kreplachs,  biroche... it was driving him crazy.

Sadly, there was no place to put comments, or I would have suggested that the put the kale in a big pot with a little salt, a big hunk of salt pork or hog jowl, some fresh ground pepper, a mild green or red pepper cut up, a little sugar, a half a cup of wine, then fill the pot about half full of water, bring to a boil on high, then cut down to medium for half hour-45 minutes. With some malt vinegar or a little pepper sauce, it's great. This about the only way I haven't seen kale done recently.

Kale is about the only green leafy veggie (like collards, spinach, turnip greens, and mustard greens) that doesn't cause (or contribute to) kidney stones. This is important information to us older southerners.

I don't know about poke salad...

Deaths Jester

Ummm...uhhhh.....where is the humor?!?!?  :P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

thalaw2

this is why every winter I do an Apple Juice fast.  Gotta loosen up those stones.  This followed by a Grade latte enema.
革命不会被电视转播

Nyte Dragon

Wait... what?  :blink:

Leafy greens... CAUSE Kidney Stones?!? CAUSE

WTH? I used to get kidney stones. And cut out soda, tea, sodium, and... and CHOCOLATE!

And doctors were telling me to eat more leafy greens! Okay soda, sodium, and tea... that's fine. But CHOCOLATE!!!!

DRAGON SMISH!
Hate is always foolish and love is always wise.
 ⁓Doctor Who