News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

So I made a comic...

Started by Glitch Girl, November 28, 2016, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glitch Girl

This started out as a whim.

I've wanted to make a comic for a long time.  I have half finished scripts and piles of notes and piles of Poser files all related to the creation of various ideas and due to various computer crashes, time constraints, and just general burnout, nothing happened.

A while back Kommando put a little program called ComiPo on my radar.  It's mostly a toy but it was kinda fun and after a Steam sale I ended up with a cheap copy.  I enjoyed playing with it and seeing what I could do with it.

Then this happened.

My Life as a Magical Girl

It's only one issue in, and I hope to have 1 issue a month, but it's a start.  I hope you like it (and you Manga-haters out there, please give it a chance). 

Navigation is in the Image notes section.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Epimethee

Congrats on your comics, GG!

Note, I couldn't find any way top navigate to the next page (are the controls you refer to available without logging in?). The only way was to find the collection at http://comiposer.deviantart.com/gallery/60866896/My-Life-as-a-Magical-Girl and to go use the previous button at the top, as pages are sorted in reverse order—but then again, reverse order is appropriate for a manga. ;)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Glitch Girl

Thank Epimethee.  the Navigation I was referring to is in the Image Notes section (it was the only place I could put it sadly).  Usually it appears directly under the image, but if you're navigating on mobile, you have to hit the "i" tab.  The should be available to everyone. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

I've been thinking about it, and you might try doing it through a sub-blog on tumblr, and use a custom theme. You'll still want to put the HD versions on DA because tumblr compression is a bit weird, but tumblr is free, and there are custom themes you can get that are suited for webcomics, and it'll allow easier access to people to subscribe and navigate the pages.

Ouflah

I've done a lot of research on websites for hosting comics recently, (I'll be starting up a web-comicbook soon) and the best thing I've found for someone like me who has limited website programming skills is wordpress.org. After you get wordpress you can get comicpress, and it works pretty well as far as comic navigation goes. You can still customize the look of the site, and the user interface is the same as pretty much any other webcomic you'll find on the internet.
"Superhero deaths are basically an unproven hypothesis at this point."
-Mike Exner III

Glitch Girl

Thanks for hte feedback guys.

Actually I have been looking into Comic Fury hosting, but I want to get the second issue out of the way first before I start thinking seriously of hosting.  I'll be honest, I had no long term plans on this beyond a few random ideas past issue 3, I mostly did it to see if I COULD do it.   So far, it's been very seat-of-my-pants production and the software does have a lot of limitations, but it's still fun so far.  :)
-Glitch Girl

Tomato

Quote from: Glitch Girl on December 05, 2016, 05:01:59 PM
I'll be honest, I had no long term plans on this beyond a few random ideas past issue 3, I mostly did it to see if I COULD do it.   So far, it's been very seat-of-my-pants production and the software does have a lot of limitations, but it's still fun so far.  :)

TBF, so was Dragon Ball Z.

Cyber Burn

I have to say Glitch, I really enjoyed that! It was a very nice read after a very rough day. It felt like a smooth blend of "Blood: The Last Vampire" and "Sailor Moon", and I definitely look forward to seeing the next issue. Thank you for sharing this.  :D

Glitch Girl

Ha, that's a comparison I wasn't expecting!  Thanks for the kind words!
-Glitch Girl

SickAlice

I love it, simply just love it. Great work and thank you for sharing it!

Glitch Girl

:) Thanks.  Sadly all this Chriostmas stuff has me so far behind I only got 5 pages out of issue 2 (plus I made one too many promises to other folks in the community, oops)  Still trucking away at it.
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

Nice start, GG!  Bit amazed you haven't touted this on G+ yet but that's your call.  This ComiPro program..is it similar to Poser? I ask cause I saw the resources you were offering and it reminded me of Poser's prop setup and such.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

WyldFyre

Don't know how I missed this for so long.  Looking good.  I like the tempo so far, and while not really a Manga fan, I think the artwork is a nice complement to the story line.

I look forward to reading more. :thumbup:
For Freedom!