Superhero Epic Rumble (Videos)

Started by ELECTR0, October 26, 2016, 03:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ELECTR0

On my channel i'll be posting some videos of random battles if anyone is interested. For the first battle I have 4 teams of 3.

The first team to win two rounds are the champions.

X-Men = Gambit, Sunfire, Havok
Wild Pack = Paladin, Battlestar, Silver Sable
Circus of Crime = Ringmaster, Fire-Eater / Allied = Grey Gargoyle
X-Force = Cable, Domino, Shatterstar

Superhero Epic Rumble #1

spydermann93

Ooooh, sounds fun! Will watch when I can!

I'm gonna say that the X-Men will win this rumble, overall. From what I know about these characters, they have the powers and skills to carry them through.

Their toughest challengers would be X-Force and Grey Gargoyle. X-Force is definitely my second pick out of the bunch.

ELECTR0

Here is a new on for you Spydermann93. I had my bet on X-Force to win, though I would have liked the X-Men to win. Anyway, I now have the newest video running at 1080P and 60 fps. I messed up the first video a little by starting my project with the wrong settings & couldn't render it out the way I wanted. :doh:

Teams for Rumble #2

Justice Society of America = Flash (Jay Garrack), Atom Smasher

Fantastic Four = Thing

Avengers West Coast = Silver Centurion (Iron Man), Hawkeye

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles = Donatello, Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo / Allied = Casey Jones

Superhero Epic Rumble #2

spydermann93

Wow! That was a reeeeallly close match at the end of the first one!

Spoiler
Who knew that the Wild Pack of all teams would have won, lol :P  I knew Grey Gargoyle of the Carnie Alliance would have been tough to put down, but he really held in there a barely lost.

Such a shame about Gambit killing himself a few times. Shame; he was really kicking butt :lol:

Btw, Electro, how did you set up these matches? Is this just Team Mode in FFX3?

Also, how do you decide on the teams? Is it prestige based? Characters that would make a fun fight? Arbitrarily? All of the above? :P

ELECTR0

Yea the M25 skirmish watch mode is where I set it up. As for deciding the teams that's kinda tough to explain, but I'll try to explain quickly. Basically it's all about what I think would make a good video to view. For instance It would be awesome to see Hulk Vs Juggernaut Vs Thing in the comics & in freedom force as well, but for the YouTube viewer it might look like there just standing there swinging away with numbers floating off there heads. So I just try to pick teams that will move around a lot and have interesting looking powers. After picking a couple of interesting characters I run a few practice battles & then edit their AI to behave the way I want. Last I add or subtract members of a team until the teams seem evenly matched. Once satisfied that any team could win I then record the series of battles. If one of the battles was boring to watch I keep re-recording a video to replace the boring one, but has the same outcome as the original video.

Anyway, the next video is going to be an underwater battle so that should be fun to watch. These are the teams I have in mind for that fight & feel free to add some ideas.

Deep Six = Namor, Stingray, ****

Justice League = Aquaman, ****

Injustice League = Black Manta, ****

**** = ****

ELECTR0

Teams for Rumble #3

Injustice Society = Black Manta, Killer Croc

Deep Six = Namor, Stingray

King & Queen = Aquaman, Mera

Atlantis Rebels = Attuma, Krang

Superhero Epic Rumble #3

detourne_me

Wow,  great battles! I really like that summoned Manta Ray! where did that come from?

ELECTR0

It came from Randomdays animal meshes Here I tried to add some of the fish meshes and put them on civilian markers to try and get them to swim around, but I couldn't get it to work.

detourne_me

Thats a super cool idea. I wish it worked!
Keep up the great videos!

spydermann93

Another really fun video, Electro! I think the match-up was pretty neat (I would love to see an Aquaman vs Attuma fight :P) and I loved Aquaman's Aquatic Allies. So cool! AND AQUAMAN THROWING TOPO!!! HAHAHA!!

One question, though. Did you customize your keyframes to have a lot of ranged attacks mimicking flying melee attacks or did you actually get melee attacks to work?  I noticed quite a few of the characters using melee anims in the "air", but the only way I know how to do that stuff is make a melee keyframe a ranged keyframe.

EDIT: Just saw Mera redirect Attuma's "punch", so yeah, melee ranged attacks it is :P

ELECTR0

Yea I just copy some melee keyframes & paste them at the end in nifskope. Then change them to ranged, by changing the contact to leave_hand in the text keys. Finally I adjust the AI file so they use the tactic when they are flying. I normally limit the move for fliers to only use the attack on other fliers unless it's a diving animation, but since everyone is swimming I allowed them to also attack characters on the ground. Here is an example of Aquaman & Attuma's AI if anyone is interested in viewing them.

Aquaman
Spoiler
['ZZ_Atlantis=Aquaman',
   ["target enemy",
      'weakness_ranged_cold',
      'weakness_ranged_crushing',
      'weakness_melee_crushing',
      'not blind',
      'weakness_melee_piercing',
      'not flying',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.87)',
      "TFleeMelee(mindist='ranged_min',movetype='fly',time=0.87,type='enemy',subtype='flying')",
      "TLand(pct=80,time=2,energy=0,mindist=0,maxdist=100,type='enemy',subtype='not flying',situation='flying',priority='low')",
      "TLand(pct=20,time=2,mindist=0,maxdist=100,type='enemy',situation='flying',priority='medium')",
      "TMelee('trident thrust',pct=50,time=1.8)",
      "TMelee('hydro uppercut',pct=50,time=1.8)",
      "TMelee('deep sea attack',pct=50,time=1.51)",
      "TRanged('hard water ball',pct=30,time=1.4)",
      "TRangedCone('wave surge',pct=30,time=1.55)",
      "TRanged('summon squid',pct=30,time=2.76)",
      "TRanged('swim punch',pct=30,time=1.4,situation='flying')",
      "TRanged('swim punch combo',pct=30,time=2.19,situation='flying')",
      "TAfterburner('torpedo',pct=30,time=1.19)",
      "TAfterburnerAway('torpedo',pct=60,time=1.19)",
      'TThrow(pct=40,pickup_time=2.2,throw_time=3.47)',
      'TSummon(pct=80)',
      'TRandMove(pct=50,time=0.87,mindist=50,maxdist=500,type="enemy",movetype="move")',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'short\',time=0.87,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
      'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=0.87)',
   ],
]

Attuma
Spoiler
['ZZ_Atlantis=Attuma',
   ["target enemy",
      'weakness_ranged_piercing',
      'weakness_melee_crushing',
      'weakness_area_crushing',
      'weakness_melee_piercing',
      'weakness_ranged_crushing',
      'not panicked',
      'not flying',
   ],
   ["timer", 'auto',
      'TUseRemedy()',
      'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=3)',
      "TLand(pct=80,time=2,energy=0,mindist=0,maxdist=100,type='enemy',subtype='not flying',situation='flying',priority='medium')",
      "TLand(pct=20,time=2,mindist=0,maxdist=100,type='enemy',situation='flying')",
      "TArea('war cry',pct=20,time=3,mindist=0,maxdist=80,type='enemy',situation='swarmed')",
      "TArea('ground smash',pct=30,time=3,mindist=0,maxdist=80,type='enemy',situation='not flying')",
      "TMelee('bash',pct=40,time=1.0)",
      "TMeleeArea('atlantis assault',pct=40,time=3,maxdist=50,type='enemy')",
      "TMelee('uppercut',pct=40,time=1.12)",
      "TMelee('trident swipe',pct=40,time=3)",
      "TMelee('beatdown',pct=40,time=2.19)",
      'TThrow(pickup_time=3,pct=40,throw_time=3)',
      "TRanged('swim punch',pct=50,time=1.0,situation='flying')",
      "TRanged('swim trident',pct=50,time=3,situation='flying')",
       'TRandMove(pct=50,time=3,mindist=50,maxdist=500,type="enemy",movetype="move")',
      'TMoveTo(mindist=\'short\',time=3,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
      'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=3)',
   ],
]

I suggest that everyone add a 'TRandMove to thier character AI file. It really helps the characters keep on the move.

ELECTR0

Teams for Rumble #4

X-Men = Archangel, Colossus, Iceman, Wolverine, Havok, Cyclops, Sunfire, Gambit

Sentinels = Sentinels

Superhero Epic Rumble #4