Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Wha program can i use to view the animations of a keyframe? I thought nifscope would but it does not
Sith Prime

detourne_me

character tool will allow you to see the keyframes in action.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

how do you guys go about when a custom character does not fight when controlled by AI and just stands there?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Like, do they not move at all? Or do they stop moving after a specific attack?

I'm guessing that you're using FFX3 and you've ran the AI through the m25ai generator, right?

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 20, 2018, 03:23:54 AM
Like, do they not move at all? Or do they stop moving after a specific attack?

I'm guessing that you're using FFX3 and you've ran the AI through the m25ai generator, right?
yes FFX3 and dis run it on m2ai generator. Character dods move and Activates shield but wont attack
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Mind copying what the character's m25ai file has in it here? Maybe it has something to do with that.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on December 20, 2018, 03:37:29 AM
Mind copying what the character's m25ai file has in it here? Maybe it has something to do with that.
how do i do that?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Just open your hero's .m25ai file (can be found where your hero files are at) with Notepad++ and paste it here between code blocks by clicking the little hashtag symbol (the code symbol) and pasting your copied info between the two blocks.

Incredible Bulk

'Aquaman',
["target enemy",
'weakness_melee_piercing',
'weakness_ranged_acid',
'weakness_ranged_electrical',
'not staticked',
'weakness_area_fire',
'weakness_melee_crushing',
'not flying',
],
["timer", 'auto',
'TUseRemedy()',
'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
"TActiveDefense('Atlantean Skin',mindist=0,time=3.2)",
"TArea('Fire of Atlantis',time=2.47)",
"TRanged('Electric Trident',time=2.76)",
"TMeleeArea('Uppercut',time=1.04)",
"TMelee('Hook Slash',time=1.27)",
"TRanged('Harpoon Wrap',time=2.11)",
"TRanged('Poison Trident',time=1.92)",
'TThrow(pickup_time=3.12,throw_time=3.59)',
'TMoveTo(mindist=\'medium\',time=0.88,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=0.88)',
],
['energy reserve',
'high',
],
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Ah, I see. Just remove the entire "Energy Reserve" section of code. Aquaman's file should look like this:

['Aquaman',
["target enemy",
'weakness_melee_piercing',
'weakness_ranged_acid',
'weakness_ranged_electrical',
'not staticked',
'weakness_area_fire',
'weakness_melee_crushing',
'not flying',
],
["timer", 'auto',
'TUseRemedy()',
'TFleeMelee(type="any",subtype="emitting_damage",time=0.88)',
"TActiveDefense('Atlantean Skin',mindist=0,time=3.2)",
"TArea('Fire of Atlantis',time=2.47)",
"TRanged('Electric Trident',time=2.76)",
"TMeleeArea('Uppercut',time=1.04)",
"TMelee('Hook Slash',time=1.27)",
"TRanged('Harpoon Wrap',time=2.11)",
"TRanged('Poison Trident',time=1.92)",
'TThrow(pickup_time=3.12,throw_time=3.59)',
'TMoveTo(mindist=\'medium\',time=0.88,subtype=["not emitting_damage","flying"])',
'TMoveTo(mindist="melee",subtype=["not emitting_damage","not flying"],time=0.88)',
],
]

The reason why he is not doing anything is that his Energy Reserve is set to "High", meaning that he will not use anything that will cost him energy (he tries to keep 3 bars filled) except defenses. That's why you only see him using his active defense.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

another for you, is it possible to give an attack a 2 secondary attack type? What i mean is lets says i had a ice themes character/ He will be powerful against heat sensitive to the cold like heat base characters. But lets say I give that ice character a "Ice Bullet" attack so i give a piercing damage type. but can it also have a secondary damage of cold? So it can hurt those heat guys even more?
Sith Prime

detourne_me

The only secondary attack I'm aware of is giving an attack a high stun %, and then in FFX Control Center, swap stun for mental damage. there may be other damage types, too. but i don't think they are element specific.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

anyone know what Combat Skill both Master and Expert attributes don't show up on EZ Hero?

EDIT: I notice that attribute vanishes from the characters i give to once i go back to character screen its just gone from the lost i gave them
Sith Prime

oktokels

You can add new attributes to ezhero by opening the attrib.ini file located in ezhero folder...you have to add manually the new atributes at the end of the file.

Incredible Bulk

With the combat skills attributes do you know how they are supposed to be written.

And is that the cause of why the attribute disappears from my character?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

You can look in two places:

FFEdit will show you all of the attribute names as they appear when referenced in the code

and

Inside your "modFolder/Lang/English/strings.txt". Just search for the name of the attribute and you can see what the "in-code" name is. For example, when you search for "Combat Skill (master)", you'll find this:

ATTRIB_COMBATSKILL2_01, combat skill (master)

The part that is bold is the name you'll find in FFEdit and the part that is underlined is the name you'll see in-game.

To add an attribute to EZHero, open EZHero, go to "Tools>Add Custom Attribute..." add an entry like this:

theNameYouWantToSee,theNameInFFEdit

So, going with the example above, it would look like this:

combat skill (master),COMBATSKILL2

Incredible Bulk

It worked thanks ,

Questions in a male attack if has ability to stun will it also stun you? Unless you set it for enemines only?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

No, the stun will always be applied to whomever you are hitting.

Enemies Only means that your melee attack will never hurt friendly characters. It is very useful for melee attacks with Arcs since Arcs hit everybody within them.

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime