News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 15, 2016, 07:36:51 PM
If it helps, there are a couple of non-white skins included in my "Male_Basic_Civilin" Pack.
that does help I'll check out yoir signature link to get them.
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

what must you adjust so when a character clones himself the clone doesn't clone himself too. After while it'll be like 30 characters on screen and also for characters  that create illusions of themselves because I think that the Illusions can also create illusions
Sith Prime

daglob

It's been my experience that the clone doesn't have the "clone" ability.

Incredible Bulk

unfortunately it does i just tested and when i played with my character that has illusionist ability it just creates a new duplicate with the same abilities   
Sith Prime

spydermann93

If you're talking about Illusionist, then isn't it just swapping the illusion template for the character in the FFX Control Centre?

Take a look at Quetzlcoatl's Illusionist template. He summons a raptor rather than a copy of himself.

Incredible Bulk

also the "illusion" character does not look like Base game Alchemist illusionist character that's transparent its a solid character and it becomes playable if you have less than 3 characters a portrait shows up of the character and you can control him 
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Really? Huh. Mine don't do that, at least, not since I last tried using the power :unsure:

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on November 17, 2016, 12:12:43 AM
also the "illusion" character does not look like Base game Alchemist illusionist character that's transparent its a solid character and it becomes playable if you have less than 3 characters a portrait shows up of the character and you can control him
thats found in control center or ffedit?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

should be in the control center

Incredible Bulk

Illusionist one I figured that one out except if I wanted a transparent version of the character that I can't figure out to do it. And I can't figure out the cloning issue of clones cloning them selves and having 30 guys running around
Sith Prime

detourne_me

There are different techniques to cloning, I believe.
You could use the special power Clone Self, but the clones might trigger that.
Some other options would be the Attribute Accidental Cloning, and give it a trigger that is kind of rare. possibly trigger on enraged and give him the enrage special power.  m25AI doesn't usually use that power, so you would be safer there.
You could also give him Private Army or Summoner, and make separate "clone" hero files. then you really do limit the number of clones.
You could also do something like a "clone bomb" make a projectile limey lure attack, and swap it to summon in the ffxcontrolcentre.

Incredible Bulk

the base game has Dejavu but theres also a character name Dejavu_clone and that clone does not have the ability to clone its self. The problem is looking at ffx control center I cant figure out how that clone is assigned to Dejavu
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Okay I got the clothing issue under control as well from what I could see I still don't know however how can I get my Illusionist to create an illusion of themselves this transparent?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

How do you give someone the alien mineral attack?
Sith Prime

daglob

Check out the Attribute "Toxic".

Incredible Bulk

Thanks, is there a way to give someone a toxic blast to hurt superman type characters like kryptonite?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

No, I'm afraid there isn't really a way to do that, but you can give a character "Limey Lure" and use the Control Centre to make it summon an "alien_mineral" (alien_mineral has the toxic attribute, so it's like a character just tossed a piece of Kryptonite on the ground).

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 21, 2016, 02:02:02 AM
No, I'm afraid there isn't really a way to do that, but you can give a character "Limey Lure" and use the Control Centre to make it summon an "alien_mineral" (alien_mineral has the toxic attribute, so it's like a character just tossed a piece of Kryptonite on the ground).
I added the the attack however control center won't even give me the options to alter that
Sith Prime

spydermann93

It should be one of the templates lines. I think something like "spawn_template". I will have to check when I get home.

The other thing to do is add a swap for limey lure to use summon instead

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 21, 2016, 09:47:39 PM
It should be one of the templates lines. I think something like "spawn_template". I will have to check when I get home.

The other thing to do is add a swap for limey lure to use summon instead
ill first wait till you get home and check it out before doing the summoner one
Sith Prime

spydermann93

Ok, so the line you want to change is the "Object Template" line. Changing that to "alien_mineral" should have your character spawn "kryptonite" when you use your Limey Lure.

Again, make sure that your Limey Lure is swapped to "Summon".

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: spydermann93 on November 22, 2016, 12:15:19 AM
Ok, so the line you want to change is the "Object Template" line. Changing that to "alien_mineral" should have your character spawn "kryptonite" when you use your Limey Lure.

Again, make sure that your Limey Lure is swapped to "Summon".
that's the part I don't know where to change at the swap limey lure to Summon
Sith Prime

spydermann93

You know how you'd swap attacks like Rage to Mental Damage? It's exactly like that.

Select the hero/villain that will be throwing the Kryptonite in the Control Centre.  Below where you see Object Temple and similar text boxes, you'll see two columns of blank text boxes.  In the top row, select "limeylure" for the left box and "summon" for the right box.  Click "Save", load up your game, and now your character should drop an alien mineral whenever you use your Limey Lure power.

Also, I would highly recommend reading the FFX manual that came with the install (it's in your ffx3 folder).  Just open up the index.html file in your favorite internet browser and read to your heart's content.  It has a lot of really good information and How To's in there that will teach you how to do pretty much everything FFX3-related.

Incredible Bulk

Iam isais1 i just now Rememberd this account so i will use this one  Moving forward I remember this thread has a lot of good information
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Is there a chart  They can I give us an idea of the different  Strength  and speed levels are for example if you have a character level one what are we talking about Like a 100 pounds? Level 10 will be a 100 tons?  Is it possible for somebody be above level 10?
Sith Prime

daglob

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/

This Yahoo Group has a lot of stuff like that. I'm not sure if it has exactly what you want, but it should have something you could use.

Incredible Bulk

I get a page not found message
Sith Prime