News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Various questions

Started by Incredible Bulk, September 22, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incredible Bulk

I'd say the post here because this is just several questions going to different places

First question how do I go about finding a character that gets small like Antman and get him to work? And one that grows in size like Giant man?

What are skopes?

How do you install mods?

If I wanted to add more variety to the regular game like adding more variety of cars, civilians, thugs in the the game where do I find them and how do I put them in the game?

Is there a list of suggested powers and attributes to customize a character either specific DC or Marvel character or generic type of character?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

And can somebody recommend a site with Omni-man
And all of this is for :ffvstr:
Sith Prime

daglob

Tommy has Ant Man and Giant Man meshes on his site. He also has keyframes that allow size changes.

http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/index.html

There is a master mesh list that is somewhat out of date, but still useful:

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=48991.0

And if all else fails, request something in the Requests forum. I know there is an Ant Man mesh by Texas Jack that changes size (It should be on the Master Mesh List if it's still there), and Sick Alice has a current Ant Man that has the movie version as an alternative: http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/index.html

A scope is a mesh that has been altered by Nifscope or Blender. Usually, it means that a mesh has been combined with pieces from other meshes. This lets you make a character that hasn't had a dedicated mesh created. You can also use Nifscope to edit keyframes, or to hide and unhide pieces on a mesh, like one of the Versatile meshes (Tom Versatile, Female Versatile, Taskmaster/mistress).

The mods usually have installation instructions. If not, ask.

You can add a variety of skins to the built-ins in FFv3R by creating a directory in your Custom Characters directory with the character's name and a sub directory entitled "Skins" (just like a regular character-but no .nif or keyframes), and put the new skins in that folder. This will make some of the  built-in characters different each time. I have a skin for the Thug with Bat that is a clown costume. It's always funny to see him show up.

There used to be "recipes" at Alex's Freedom Fortress (http://www.alexff.com/index.php), but they don't seem to be there now. Some people have created a bunch of hero files that you ccan download and use, although I'm not sure where to start looking for those. Alex does have EZFX, and add on that will give you all sorts of special effects that you can use to build characters from DC, Marvel, Image, Harvey, Quality, and other existing or defunct companies.

Oops! Forgot Omin-Man. Check out Alex's place:

http://www.alexff.com/index.php

Look in the skins and check Renegade's stuff. It's on the "other" page.

Ozymandiasveis

Well Bulk! I can help out with the mods section if you dont find any help, I recently learned myself and its pretty easy (but trust me you have to be precise!)
And hero files, as daglob mentioned, can be found on afganants website (if you cant find his site, it is on heroforce too)
As for cars I think theres a discussion on that, but new thugs and or enemies can be found at a variety of sites!
http://www.alexff.com/
http://forceofparadox.byethost31.com/
http://freedomforceuniverse.com/
http://heroforce.freedomforceforever.com/

Those sites is where you'll find a bunch of premade skins (alexff usually has then but Courtanal 6's skins need you to get the base meshes first)
And check out Benton Grey's site or the mods section (a list should be pinned to the top) for all of this great community's mods

Cyber Burn

If you are using alternate Skins for the built-in characters for FFVT3R, then you want to make sure that you convert them to dds format. Otherwise they may not show up in game.

Cyber Burn

On a side note, I would also recommend that you check out the Freedom Force Resources Yahoo Group. You may find quite a bit of useful information floating around in there.

Incredible Bulk

so I definitely want to add more variety of villains and thugs into the standard game so how do I convert them to DDS? What folder do they go in? Do you have a link for the Yahoo Resource Group? And I wanna make a custom Superman what attributes do you recommend that we will more fits him? And finally is there a way that I can give a description for a character? For example if I was going to make Aquaman is there somewhere where I could put a brief description that says that he's king of Atlantis?
Sith Prime

spydermann93

1. I use Paint.NET to convert skin files. Free to download and easy to use.

2. It usually depends on the type of Superman that I'm creating. I have several types of hero files sets with different forms of balance, so they all differ.

I guess my usual combo is: Classic Superhuman (Concrete Material Type), Temperature Control, Solar Powered, Heavy Lifter, and Heavy Hitter (he loves using those streetlights :P)

3. Descriptions can be added in your mod folder's Lang/Eng/strings.txt file, but it will only show up for Built-in characters.

daglob

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Okay, this is the long way to do add skins to the built in characters, but it's what worked for me after several failures. Please note that this is for FFv3R only.

Find your Art.ff file, and make a copy someplace safe. I suggest a folder someplace like My Documents. Change the extension to .zip and extract the files. This should give you all the built-ins in their own folders. You can then go through and erase all the .nif and .kf files, and under the skins erase the standard folder. Copy (or move) these character folders back into your Custom Character folder, and you can put new skins in their "skins" folder . The game will look for these folders and add the new skins to the list when you look at them in the character creation section.

Before you actually try this, let people look at what I've typed and make any corrections, additions, or elaborations. I'm not perfect and I have been known to make misteaks.

Just a side note: I have a sub folder in my Custom Character folder named FreedomForceCharacters that has all the built-ins complete; skins, keyframes, standards, everything. If there is no .nif directly under FFC, it will not show up in the game. If I want an alternate version (there are effects version and alternate keyframes for some of them), I can copy it into the Custom Character folder and it will show up in the character creation section like any other custom. Best to give them a unique name, like Alchemiss_Effects (If you replace the original with an Alchemiss with Reflections and Glow turned on) or Microwave_IM_KF (Microwave using the custom Iron Man keyframes designed for the character).

Incredible Bulk

Thank you gentlemen.
I'm the classic superhero attribute in the description it mentions weakness to alien minerals. Where are they in the game?
Sith Prime

daglob

There is an attribute for that; Toxic maybe. Vulnerability defaults to taking damage from alien minerals. I've never made a mod, so I haven't strewn Kryptonite around the landscape, but I have built some villains with that attribute: Kryptonite Man, Metallo, Atomic Man from the radio show...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on September 25, 2016, 06:10:41 PM
Do you have a link for the Yahoo Resource Group?

Freedom Force Resources: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Freedom_Force_Resources/info

Ninja'd by Daglob!!!

But anyway, in the Links Section, try Alberik's 1st Group, he had a lot of Alternate Skins for the in-game Characters:

https://de.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/alberiks_freedom_force_skins/info

spydermann93

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on September 25, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
Thank you gentlemen.
I'm the classic superhero attribute in the description it mentions weakness to alien minerals. Where are they in the game?

Yep, DaGlob is right. It defaults to the character being weak to "Alien Minerals". That typically doesn't show up in the game, but characters can have the "Toxic" attribute that DaGlob was talking about which will damage your character constantly, inflict Power Null and Density Max on the character, and removes any invulnerability that the character has. It's exactly what happens to Superman when he encounters Kryptonite :P

You can change what the character is weak to using the FFX Control Centre (it came with the mod). You can modify it to trigger from a variety of situations, so it can simulate a character that's weak to fire, cold, certain mental conditions, and much more.

daglob

Renegade made some Kryptonite rocks. I had always figured that you could put them in a map and give them that attribute, but since I don't make maps or mods I could be wrong.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on September 25, 2016, 09:43:09 PM
Renegade made some Kryptonite rocks. I had always figured that you could put them in a map and give them that attribute, but since I don't make maps or mods I could be wrong.

Yeah, you can do something along those lines, but I don't remember how :unsure:

Detourne_Me once told me, but I forgot :P

Incredible Bulk

Sith Prime

detourne_me

oh cool, you found that ancient thread!  Yeah, if you use Renegade's kryptonite mesh, you should replace the alien_mineral nifs in FFX, since they are set to be the diamond from the Top Hat Club by default.
You could also place a few alien_mineral parts in a map, too.
Hmm, or maybe it's possible with summoner too, to summon up alien_mineral.
From what I remember, using the attribute Toxic, or the object alien_mineral, those were the only two ways to simulate kryptonite effectively.
i still think the limey lure swap was the best method, though.

Incredible Bulk

Where can I find Renegade's kryptonite mesh?
Sith Prime

OrWolvie1

Incredible Bulk

What attributes do I need to set if I want a character let's say it's a human turn into a werewolf or a bear or another character?
Sith Prime

daglob

Shape-Shift or Involuntary Form I would say. I've used FFX for so long I can't remember if these are in the original game or not.

Anyway, you will have to set these up to use them. I'm not much help there; my present computer won't let either of those work for some reason (at least it wouldn't; maybe Windows 10... but then again, WX won't let me edit some artwork I did years ago because I don't have permission)

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on September 27, 2016, 06:23:57 PM
Shape-Shift or Involuntary Form I would say. I've used FFX for so long I can't remember if these are in the original game or not.

Anyway, you will have to set these up to use them. I'm not much help there; my present computer won't let either of those work for some reason (at least it wouldn't; maybe Windows 10... but then again, WX won't let me edit some artwork I did years ago because I don't have permission)

That's a bummer about your computer I hope everything works out for you I was thinking about shapeshifter and it's been so many years since I played so matter-of-fact that used to be a member on here and I just couldn't remember my information I had to create a new account butt I thought it was supposed to give the other character the one that I'm going to be turning into a specific attribute I just cannot for the life of me remember
Sith Prime

daglob

Secondary Form, unless I am mistaken.

detourne_me

I remember another technique for shapeshifting, too. Its useful if the hero only has one alternate form.
You can use the attribute Accidental Change, and the alt-form has the Involuntary Form attribute. In the ffx control center you can change the trigger condition for the change. Make it enraged, panicked, etc. I liked giving my shapeshifters the 300% special power, and making that the trigger. It works well for characters like Billy Batson.

It would also be good for Bruce Banner, give him the Berserker attribute and Accidental change. When he gets enraged he turns into the hulk.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: detourne_me on September 28, 2016, 07:31:30 AM
I remember another technique for shapeshifting, too. Its useful if the hero only has one alternate form.
You can use the attribute Accidental Change, and the alt-form has the Involuntary Form attribute. In the ffx control center you can change the trigger condition for the change. Make it enraged, panicked, etc. I liked giving my shapeshifters the 300% special power, and making that the trigger. It works well for characters like Billy Batson.

It would also be good for Bruce Banner, give him the Berserker attribute and Accidental change. When he gets enraged he turns into the hulk.

Very good points I'm going to do that with my Hulk
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

Another question for  :ffvstr: I remeber years ago I downloaded a rumble room lavel that was underwater does anyone know where to find it or them?
Sith Prime

Incredible Bulk

while I'm at it let me ask another question is there a way to change the weight of a character? For example I made the Incredible Hulk and picked Flesh for his type and it automatically makes of 170 pounds is there a way to change that
Sith Prime

daglob

EZHero will let you manually add weight, but I don't know enough about it to know if you are really changing the weight or just the pattern of dots on the screen. I thought there used to be choices, with some higher than the "regular" weight, some lower. I lowered my avatar's weight one level (something like 120) because he's basically silly putty, then gave him Acrobatic.

Incredible Bulk

Quote from: daglob on September 28, 2016, 10:05:04 PM
EZHero will let you manually add weight, but I don't know enough about it to know if you are really changing the weight or just the pattern of dots on the screen. I thought there used to be choices, with some higher than the "regular" weight, some lower. I lowered my avatar's weight one level (something like 120) because he's basically silly putty, then gave him Acrobatic.
ok I downloaded it have not use it I can use to edit already created characters?
Sith Prime

daglob

Yes; I think it looks for FF1 by default, but it can handle both games. I have used it to copy the attributes, powers, and stuff from a Superman on Superman Ren to Male Cape Superman Ren KF and to Superman Gren. A little editing in the creation section of the game is still required, but it is a massive time saver. I have also used it to create a character (or six) from scratch and do minor editing later. You can also tell it which kind of game object it is; Hero, Minion, Villain, etc.