News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Screen Shots

Started by abenavides, July 12, 2016, 02:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

It's been so long since I tried this - I don't seem to be able to take screen shots (just using Prt-Scr key to send to clipboard)

What's the right way?
Running Win 10 (64 bit) GOG versions
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

I'm in Win 10, Steam, and I use windows key+prt scrn button.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

What I did was I added my disc version of FFvTTR to be a non-Steam game.

1. Open Steam
2. Click on "Games" in the top menu bar
3. Click on "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library"
4. Browse for your FFvTTR executable
5. Right-click on the new shortcut in your library
6. Click "Properties"
7. Change the "Start In" and "Target" lines to match your mod's shortcut
8. Play the game through Steam and press F12 to make a screenshot

abenavides

Benton,
Hmm - trying that without any success. I just get black screens when I try to paste in to mspaint.

Spydermann93, I'll give that a shot also
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

hoss20

I also believe that you need to enter this in your localinit.py file: ff.RENDER_ENABLESCREENSHOTS = 1

abenavides

Hmm, just won't work for me. I just tried the ff.RENDER_ENABLESCREENSHOTS = 1 as well.

Strangely, FF works fine (Windows Key + PrtSc)

May be something with my hardware drivers (I have updated to latest Nvidia though).

At any rate, I found that spydermann93's suggestion to use Steam works fine. Thx!

www.alexff.com

Merchant

I couldn't find an in game screenshot button but found with the GOG versions in Win10, PrtScrn captures the image then Windows key sending me to desktop, open my image program and Ctrl-V then save the image as a JPG.

abenavides

Yeah, that's what I tried first and unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.
www.alexff.com

Cyber Burn

Have you tried FRAPS? It takes Pics of whatever exactly  is on your Screen, and then sends them to whatever Folder you specify. I don't know if it's what you want for taking Pics of Maps, but it may be worth looking into. There's a Freebie Version, and a Paid Version, I'm having no problems with the Freebie Version.

http://www.fraps.com/

If I' remember correctly, it was Spyder who introduced me to this so I could take screen caps of my FX's. It was quite helpful.

abenavides

Yep, I've used FRAPS in the past as well. Works also.
Was just hoping to not have to reinstall it.
No worries, the Steam method is fine and I already had Steam installed.
www.alexff.com