Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 10

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, May 24, 2016, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Guise draws
Spoiler

Gritty Reboot: Ongoing, Limited--I'm hard-boiled, but not like an egg. Like a detective. Whenever Guise is dealt damage, you may draw a card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Look What I Found!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 3 melee damage. Is that target still around? You should do more damage next time. If that target is still in play, increase the next damage dealt by Guise by 1.

Nephthys: Life Warden
HP: 3/28

Atum: World Finisher
HP: 4/30

Geb: Earthquake Speaker
HP: 32/32
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

Damn, I was hoping one of them was down by now.  I don't even get time to gloat.

Razor Ordinance on Nephthys, Stealth on myself.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

I am afraid I messed up your hand list.  Severely.  This is your actual hand.  Sorry, but you already played suture self and I neglected to remove it while forgetting to add some things.  You'll have to re-do that turn.

Spoiler

Combat Stance:Ongoing, Limited--The first time The Wraith is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, The Wraith deals that Target 2 Melee Damage.
Micro Targeting Computer:Equipment, Limited--Increase Projectile Damage dealt by The Wraith by 2.
Trust Fund: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards, then discard 2 cards.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Stun Bolt: Equipment--Power: The Wraith deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage. Until the start of your next turn, reduce all Damage dealt by that Target by 1.
Infrared Eyepiece: Equipment, Limited--Power: Reveal the top 2 cards of the Villain deck. Put 1 of them on top of the Villain deck and the other on the bottom. Draw a card.

Glitch Girl

Play Microtargeting Computer, take out Atum with Razor Ordinance and Nephthys with Stun Bolt and cross my fingers.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

Wraith draws
Spoiler

Impromptu Invention: One-Shot--Draw a card. Search your deck for an Equipment card and either put it into play or your hand. Shuffle your deck. You may play a card.

It is now the environment's turn.

Start: Nothing

Play: Shamise: Mummy, Trial, 7 HP--When this card enters play, search the Environment trash and deck for the Rod of Anubis. Put it into play. If you searched the Environment deck, shuffle it. At the end of the Environment turn, Shamise deals the non-Environment Target with the second lowest HP 2 Infernal Damage.

End: Shamise deals either wraith or Guise 1 point of damage.  Who wants it?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I think you guys have a good shot at this.  It's going to be close, but it can be done.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Glitch Girl on October 28, 2016, 11:33:16 PM
I''ll take it because I can soak it.

How?  You did not not use Stealth.  You used your two attack powers instead.

Glitch Girl

Crap, still thinking of my previous move.

I'll still take it, unless Guise it dying to get hit ;)

-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

I'll take the hit, that way GG has a chance to survive if the villians go nuts on their turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

That makes it the Ennead's turn.

Start:
Nuit: Environment trash reshuffled into deck.
Osiris: Shamise destroyed
Shu: The environment plays Swarm of Scarabs: Trial, 5 HP--Reduce Damage dealt to this card by 1. Players cannot draw Hero cards.
Set: Cards are played.

Villain: Blast of Flame: One-Shot, [Red Sun]--The Villain Target with the highest HP deals the Hero Target with the highest HP (H) minus 1 Fire Damage. 
Geb hits Fanatic for 2.
Fanatic: Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card. Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
There is nothing that can be destroyed, so it's discarded.
Guise: Gimmicky Character: One-Shot--Discard the top card of every deck. Guise regains HP equal to the number of target cards discarded. You may play a card. What's wrong with shark-jumping, anyway?
No cards with HP discards, so no healing.  Would you like to play a card?

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 29, 2016, 08:47:09 PM
Play Retcon to junk the Scarabs.

Which gives you an additional draw or play.

Deaths Jester

catwhowalksbyhimself

Guise draws
Spoiler

Gimmicky Character: One-Shot--Discard the top card of every deck. Guise regains HP equal to the number of target cards discarded. You may play a card. What's wrong with shark-jumping, anyway?

Wraith: Mega Computer:Equipment--Reduce Damage dealt by Environment cards by 1.(Yes, they do stack)

Environment: The Challenge of Fire: Trial--At the end of the Environment turn, deal each Target 2 Fire Damage. At the start of the Environment turn, each Player may discard up to 3 cards. If (H) plus 2 cards are discarded this way, destroy this card.

Atum:  Villain Trash shuffled into deck.

Nephthys:  Geb is already healed.

Play: Rise to Power: One-Shot--Move the top card from beneath the Shrine of the Ennead into the Villain play area. Play the top card of the Villain deck.

Isis emerges!

The Desert's Wrath: One-Shot, [Green Hand]--Destroy all Environment cards. The Villain Target with the lowest HP deals each Hero Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the number of cards destroyed by this card.

Isis deals all heroes 1 point of damage.  This activates all Green Hand effects!

Geb hits Wraith and Fanatic for 2 points of damage.

Isis hits Wraith for 2 points of damage.  Wraith is Incapacitated!

It is now Fanatic's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.(Nuit)
At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the target other than a character card with the lowest HP.(Osiris)
At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.(Shu)
At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.(Atum)

Hero Ongoing Effects

Environment Ongoing Effects

Side: The Power of the Ennead

Spoiler

The Power of the Ennead
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are no cards beneath The Shrine of the Ennead, flip this card. Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

The Ennead in Force
At the end of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains (H) minus 2 HP.Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

Deck: 9
Trash: 15

Ennead in Play:

The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the non-Villain Targets with the highest HP 2 Melee Damage each.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player puts the top card of their Hero deck on the bottom of their Hero deck.

Isis: Matriarch of Magic
HP: 26/26
The first time a [Green Hand] or [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Infernal Damage.
At the start of the Villain turn, discard the top (H) cards of each Hero deck.

Ennead Incapacitated:

Nuit: She Who Protects
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.

Osiris: Lord of Silence
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the Target with the lowest HP, other than a Character card.

Shu: Breath of the Wind
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.

Set: God of Storms
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

Ennead Underneath the Shrine of the Ennead:
Spoiler

Tefnut: Warrior of the Flood
HP: 29/29
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Melee Damage.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player discards 1 card.

HP: 2/31

Available Powers
Redeem: Fanatic regains 1 HP. Draw 1 card.
"Absolution": Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Deck: 14
Hand: 6
Spoiler

Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage.You may draw a card. Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Embolden: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Hero Character card. That Hero may use an additional Power during their power phase.At the end of that Hero's turn, Fanatic may deal them 2 Radiant Damage. If they take no Damage this way, destroy this card.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
Trash: 18
In Play: 2
-Aegis of Resurrection--Equipment, Relic, Limited
-Divine Focus--Ongoing, Limited
-"Absolution"--Equipment, Relic, Limited

Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment, Relic, Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.
Divine Focus: Ongoing, Limited--At the start of every turn, you may discard a card. If you do, Fanatic deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Radiant Damage. At the start of your turn, either Fanatic deals herself 4 Fire Damage or this card is destroyed.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment, Relic, Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.

HP: 2/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 18
Hand: 6
Spoiler

I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.
Gimmicky Character: One-Shot--Discard the top card of every deck. Guise regains HP equal to the number of target cards discarded. You may play a card. What's wrong with shark-jumping, anyway?
Gritty Reboot: Ongoing, Limited--I'm hard-boiled, but not like an egg. Like a detective. Whenever Guise is dealt damage, you may draw a card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Look What I Found!: One-shot--Guise deals 1 target 3 melee damage. Is that target still around? You should do more damage next time. If that target is still in play, increase the next damage dealt by Guise by 1.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Uh, Yeah, I'm That Guy!: Ongoing, Limited--When this card enters play, give another player a high-five. If you do, treat this card as if it had the game text of every ongoing card in that player's play area, replacing their hero's name with Guise. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Trash: 13
In Play: 0

Spoiler

Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

INCAPACITATED

Incap Abilities (Choose one)
1. One Player may play a card now.

2. One Hero regains 2 HP.

3. Destroy an Ongoing card.

Deck: 12
Trash: 3

Reepicheep

Wraith nooooo! :(

I'll play sanctifying strike and absolution on Isis.

Deaths Jester

I'm probably next to go down but I'm going to leave a mark beforehand!

Playing Look What I Found on Isis, power on Isis, and draw 2

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on October 30, 2016, 12:52:26 AM
Wraith nooooo! :(

I'll play sanctifying strike and absolution on Isis.

I goofed up your hand too.  Must have been snoozing last round.  Here's your actual hand.  You'll have to change your play.

Spoiler

Divine Sacrifice: One-Shot--Fanatic deals up to 3 Targets 1 Irreducible Radiant Damage each. Damage dealt by those Targets is redirected to Fanatic until the start of your next turn.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing, Limited   At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.
Embolden: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Hero Character card. That Hero may use an additional Power during their power phase.At the end of that Hero's turn, Fanatic may deal them 2 Radiant Damage. If they take no Damage this way, destroy this card.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.

Glitch Girl

Well, that bites.

Guys let me know what effect y'all want when my turn comes.
-Glitch Girl

Reepicheep

Darn it.

In that case, swap out sanctifying strike for divine sacrifice, aiming at both baddies.

Glitch, I guess use the healing move to keep Guise and, later on, me in the game. With my Aegis, I'm still technically on 12+ hp, so I'm ok for a few rounds. We just need a really heavy hitting card to pop up soon.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Fanatic draws
Spoiler

Chastise: Ongoing--Play next to a non-Hero Target other than a Character card. That Target is Immune to Damage and cannot deal Damage. At the start of your turn, Fanatic may deal herself 2 Psychic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.

Guise draws
Spoiler

Best Card Ever!: One-Shot--Draw 2 Cards!Guise deals 1 target 2 melee damage! Guise regains 1 HP! If you throw your hands in the air and yell, "Woo!" you may play a card.
I Can Do That, Too!: One-shot--Guise uses a power printed on an active hero character card in play. If that power has the name of a hero in it, treat that name as if it were Guise instead.

It is now Wraith's turn

Villain Ongoing Effects
At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.(Nuit)
At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the target other than a character card with the lowest HP.(Osiris)
At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.(Shu)
At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.(Atum)

Hero Ongoing Effects
Redirect all damage dealt by Geb and Isis to Fanatic(Divine Sacrifice)

Spoiler

The Power of the Ennead
At the start of the Villain turn, if there are no cards beneath The Shrine of the Ennead, flip this card. Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

The Ennead in Force
At the end of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains (H) minus 2 HP.Whenever there are no Villain Targets in play, the Heroes win.

Ennead in Play:

HP: 31/32
The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the non-Villain Targets with the highest HP 2 Melee Damage each.
Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Player puts the top card of their Hero deck on the bottom of their Hero deck.

HP: 17/26
The first time a [Green Hand] or [Purple Ankh] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero with the most cards in play 2 Infernal Damage.

Ennead Incapacitated:

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Environment trash into the Environment Deck.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, destroy the Target with the lowest HP, other than a Character card.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of the Environment deck.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, play the top card of each deck in turn order, starting with the Villain deck.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, each Villain Target regains 1 HP.

Incapacitated: At the start of the Villain turn, shuffle the Villain trash into the Villain deck.

Spoiler

The first time a [Green Hand] card is put into the Villain trash each turn, this card deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP 2 Melee Damage.

HP: 2/31

Available Powers
Redeem: Fanatic regains 1 HP. Draw 1 card.
"Absolution": Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Deck: 14
Hand: 4
Spoiler

Chastise: Ongoing--Play next to a non-Hero Target other than a Character card. That Target is Immune to Damage and cannot deal Damage. At the start of your turn, Fanatic may deal herself 2 Psychic Damage. If she takes no Damage this way, this card is destroyed.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing, Limited   At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.
Trash: 18
In Play: 2
-Aegis of Resurrection--Equipment, Relic, Limited
-Divine Focus--Ongoing, Limited
-"Absolution"--Equipment, Relic, Limited

Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment, Relic, Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.
Divine Focus: Ongoing, Limited--At the start of every turn, you may discard a card. If you do, Fanatic deals the Villain Target with the highest HP 2 Radiant Damage. At the start of your turn, either Fanatic deals herself 4 Fire Damage or this card is destroyed.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment, Relic, Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.

HP: 2/27
Available Powers:
Tough Choices: Draw a card or play a card. How to choose?! Also, Guise deals 1 target 1 melee damage. But Who?!

Deck: 5
Hand: 9
Spoiler

Best Card Ever!: One-Shot--Draw 2 Cards!Guise deals 1 target 2 melee damage! Guise regains 1 HP! If you throw your hands in the air and yell, "Woo!" you may play a card.
X-treeeeeeeeme!!!: Ongoing, Limited--It's hard to tell if I'm the most awesome, or the most extreme. Probably both.Damage dealt by Guise is irreducible and cannot be redirected. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.
Lemme See That ...   : Ongoing, Limited--Play this card by an equipment card. That card affects Guise as if the hero name on that card were Guise and "You" on that card means Guise's player. At the start of your turn, play air guitar and destroy this card.
Trash: 26

Spoiler

Selling Out: Ongoing, Limited--Gotta have all the best swag. At the end of the environment turn, you may discard 1 card. You may play up to 3 cards that share a keyword with the discarded card. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

INCAPACITATED

Trash: 2
In Play: 1
-Cast into the Underworld

Spoiler

Cast into the Underworld: Increase Damage dealt by Environment Targets by 1. At the start of the Environment turn, if there are (H) or more Environment cards in play, destroy this card.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

catwhowalksbyhimself

It is now the environment's turn.

Start: Nothing.

Play: Rod of Anubis: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power:Power: Your Hero deals 1 Target 2 Infernal Damage.

End: Nothing

It is now the Ennead's turn.

Start: Nuit--Environment trash shuffled into deck.

Osiris--Nothing to destroy

Shu--Environment plays Idol of Anput: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power:Power: Regain 2 HP.

Set--Cards get played

Ennead: The Grave Beckons: One-Shot, [Purple Ankh]--Destroy each non-Villain Target with 3 or fewer HP.

Fanatic is destroyed.  As her HP never hits zero, the Aegis does not help her.  She's dead, Jim.  This activates all Purple Ankh effects.  Isis hits Guise for 2 points of damage.

Guise: Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Tomb: Spike Trap: Trial--At the end of the Environment turn, a Player may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards to destroy this card. At the start of the Environment turn, deal the Target with the lowest HP 3 Melee Damage.

Atum--Villain trash shuffled into deck.

Nephthys--Villains healed for 1 point of damage each.

Play: Death's Grasp: One-Shot, [Purple Ankh]--The Villain Target with the lowest HP deals the Hero Target with the lowest HP (H) minus 2 Infernal Damage.

Isis hits Guise for 1.

It is now Fanatic's turn.

Villain Ongoing Effects

Hero Ongoing Effects
Redirect all damage dealt by Geb and Isis to Fanatic(Divine Sacrifice)

Spoiler

The Power of the Ennead

The Ennead in Force

Ennead in Play:

HP: 18/26

Ennead Incapacitated:

Spoiler

INCAPACITATED

1. One Player may draw a card now.

2. Each Hero regains 1 HP.

Select a Hero. Reduce the next Damage dealt to that Hero by 2.

HP: 1/27
Available Powers:

Deck: 5
Hand: 9
Spoiler

Trash: 26

Spoiler

INCAPACITATED

Trash: 0
In Play: 3
-Cast into the Underworld
-Rod of Anubis--Treasure, Relic
-Idol of Anput--Treasure, Relic
-Spike Trap--Trial

Spoiler

Spike Trap: Trial--At the end of the Environment turn, a Player may destroy 1 of their Equipment cards to destroy this card. At the start of the Environment turn, deal the Target with the lowest HP 3 Melee Damage.
Idol of Anput: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power:Power: Regain 2 HP.
Rod of Anubis: Treasure, Relic--When a Trial card is destroyed, 1 Player may place this card in their play area. They gain the following Power:Power: Your Hero deals 1 Target 2 Infernal Damage.
Cast into the Underworld: Increase Damage dealt by Environment Targets by 1. At the start of the Environment turn, if there are (H) or more Environment cards in play, destroy this card.

Reepicheep

Gah! Bugger! Blast! Confound it! Dirty rotton tricksters!

I'll use the damage reduction on Guise.

Deaths Jester

How the Hell did I survive that?!?!  I mean WTF....course w all know this is a lose then with me hanging on by just 1 hp....

My move will start with this and then we'll see...
Spoiler
play BEST CARD EVER!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Guise draws

Spoiler

Where Did I Leave That ...: One-shot--Draw 2 cards. Did you get what you were looking for? If so, good .If not, you may discard the 2 cards you just drew to put a card from your trash in your hand.
Guise The Barbarian: Ongoing, Limited--I am mighty and fearsome, like the fabled alpaca! Increase damage dealt by Guise by 2. At the start of your turn, destroy this card.

Don't forget to choose the target for your damage.

Deaths Jester

Target is Isis, I'll also play Where'd I Leave that to pull Retcon out of my trash and put it into play to junk Spike Trap after I hit Atum with my power.

catwhowalksbyhimself

The Retcon grants you another draw or play.  Also, next time you draw, you will reshuffle your deck.

You also have both the Idol and the Rod in your possession.

catwhowalksbyhimself

And I'm calling it.  I just checked, and no matter what you do, you lose.  The evironment will hit you for 4, the villains for 2 the first card and I didn't check all the other damage that will trigger.  A lot, I think.

Villains Win!

Glitch Girl

BOO! 

Wow that was BRUTAL.  I don't know if it was the combination of enemy and environment or the fact that there were only 3 of us, but there was a lot of complicated sequences and damage floating around.
-Glitch Girl