News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Changing walking/movement sound?

Started by Jatts, April 16, 2016, 11:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jatts

For  :ffvstr: I do not know how to do different walking sounds for characters?  For example, I wanted to give characters like Apocalypse/Galactus the same type of sound as Timemaster when he walks.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Panther_Gunn

If I remember right, it has to be done in FFEdit, and needs to be associated with either a voice pack or a built-in character.  There might be another way to do it, but it would probably be tying it to a particular mesh-type or material type, but I have my doubts about those methods (it's been a while since I did/read about anything with footfall sounds.  I recall there was something in a Ghost Rider voice pack with instructions on using motorcycle sounds for the walking/running animations, so if you have access to that pack, that might be a good place to start.

I know, vague, ambiguous help isn't much help at all, but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with a more definitive answer.  If not, I'll take a deeper look into it when I have more time (the minion is currently active, and it's taken me well over 10 minutes just to get all this typed).
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Panther_Gunn

After looking at it closer, it is tied to the the built-in characters, more commonly just used for adding voice packs.  If you have specific voice packs for these kinds of characters that you know won't be used for other characters where the movement sounds wouldn't be right, you should easily be able to get it set up.  Surprisingly (but not too much once I thought about it), Timemaster uses the same walk sounds as the aliens, which only have one set of sounds for everything they walk on, so that makes it even easier.

In FFEdit, on the Sounds tab, find move_aw_foot.
Rename it move_**_foot, where the ** represents the voice pack ID code you're going to use it with.
Click the New button, and that entry will show up in the list.

Repeat this step and rename it move_**_stop.  (Timemaster uses the same sound for movement as well as stopping, whereas the aliens had a different stop sound)  Click the New button.

Now click the Save button at the bottom to save the changes.

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Jatts

Ah I see, thank you very much!  This is also great for tweaking characters like Xavier who hover, haha.