Imported Star Wars, DC, Marvel, Sci-Fi meshes and now, TMNT!

Started by detourne_me, March 27, 2016, 12:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Worse for wear but yes. Just busy with life obligations. I'm enjoying my new desert house though even if it is a bit lonely. Working on some FF things here and there, still stuck on 3ds max and keyframes though.

detourne_me

Glad to hear you're still doing alright SA.
I had to remove all of my FF stuff from my PC. It's on its last legs and I can't even have CTool2 open for too long without a crash.
Its a shame, but I won't be able to do any FF stuff for tye forseeable future.

cranlox

Reading that news is really hard! We always expected many your great contributions.
Hope you can get ahead and continue with the activity.

Great contribution from Starwars! thanks! I takeit from yahoo :lol:

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: SickAlice on May 01, 2019, 05:32:30 AM
Worse for wear but yes. Just busy with life obligations. I'm enjoying my new desert house though even if it is a bit lonely. Working on some FF things here and there, still stuck on 3ds max and keyframes though.

So glad to see you're still with us -- the FF stuff doesn't matter. Just a game only a few of us can even boot up, anymore. Your health was, and is, always more important

El1jahSnowFan

Quote from: detourne_me on May 01, 2019, 01:05:16 PM
Glad to hear you're still doing alright SA.
I had to remove all of my FF stuff from my PC. It's on its last legs and I can't even have CTool2 open for too long without a crash.
Its a shame, but I won't be able to do any FF stuff for tye forseeable future.

DM, you've already done so much. If my memory is even close, I might've downloaded something you made as far back as, what, 10-12 years ago? Maybe more? Nothing lasts forever. I appreciate all the things you've done.

But always remember and never forget: Moses Magnum Means Murder!  :thumbup: :thumbup:

OrWolvie1

Hey De. Hope things are going well for you. I'm sure that I speak for a lot of people here when I say not only how much I'm impressed by the quality of the work you've produced, but how much I've missed seeing your stuff posted. Working on anything new as of late?

murs47

I've just stumbled on this thread...jeez louise DM...just amazing! :wub:

mr_nygren

Quote from: detourne_me on March 29, 2016, 05:57:41 AM
I'm glad people like this.  it's seriously addictive porting all the meshes over.  I'm feverishly downloading models from all over the web, the completionist in me looking at what I could do next.
I think I might have to slow down the output a bit, or at least focus on some certain styles more.  I do really like these clone wars meshes, so I think I'll work on them for a bit, and add a few more meshes from The Force Unleashed. All we need now is Style to release his Star Wars skopes to the public  ;)

Hello man, i've just downloaded all your Star Wars, Turtles, Marvel and DC models.

I'd be very happy if you'd like to do this one from DeviantArt as well:

https://www.deviantart.com/mrunclebingo/art/Catwoman-BurtonVerse-721270342

Unfortunately the second superior one isn't available for download.

I do also have a gorgeous Sims2 version, and an ultimate GTA 5 version.

All of them are in formats for their respective games. Obviously the one from DeviantArt isn't from a game.

All are gorgeous models of Michelle Pfeiffers Catwoman from the movie Batman Returns.

It's impressive that you've managed to implement modern models to an old game.

X-Man

Quote from: murs47 on August 16, 2019, 12:37:42 PM
I've just stumbled on this thread...jeez louise DM...just amazing! :wub:

This thread was always like a mini Christmas for me.. Unfortunately  DM is having issues with Running Freedom Force so seems as of now, new material. Which is a real shame...

OrWolvie1

Bummer. I hope he gets his issues resolved. I know I'd go nuts if I couldn't access  :ffvstr:

X-Man

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on August 18, 2019, 01:31:45 AM
Bummer. I hope he gets his issues resolved. I know I'd go nuts if I couldn't access  :ffvstr:

If i'm not mistaken, think DM is a she. Could be wrong tho. lol

OrWolvie1

Quote from: X-Man on August 18, 2019, 02:44:34 AM
Quote from: OrWolvie1 on August 18, 2019, 01:31:45 AM

If i'm not mistaken, think DM is a she. Could be wrong tho. lol

To be honest, I have no idea. But be that as it may, he or she, my well wishes still stand. :)

detourne_me

Hey everyone!
I really appreciate that you enjoy all the meshes I've imported over the years. Let me clear up a few things. I'm a guy but I've always used a girl avatar, cause well, why not?
I think my character detourne_me is pretty cool and draws a lot of inspiration from characters I'e always liked. From Dagger to Jean Grey, heck even Jakita Wagner from Planetary.

As for my computer issues. I was using a PC that was getting a bit long in the tooth with outdated versions of Blender, newer versions of other 3d modelling software, and a host of other issues. Well it wasn't so good for my vudeo card it seems, and I was having frequent crashes and glitches.
Also, due to the fact that the majority of FF related tools are 15 years old, and not really well optimised for the amount of stuff I was doing (sure probably my fault for having a 30+ gig characters folder, and who knows how many other mods clogging up my .dat files), character tool, ffedit, and even the game would frequently crash on me.

So, after 15 years of creating content (most of which in the last 5) I decided to retire. Of course, i still get the itch from time to time... i think I need to archive all of my FF related files, and just do a fresh reinstall of FFVTTR, tools, and my 'creation suite' of Blender, Nifskope, and related programs.

I do need to limit myself though. There is no way I could import every character I wanted. I was literally sitting on 100 gigs of 3d models ripped from games in a variety of formats. (Including all of Mr. Uncle Bingo's deviant art stuff)
If I do return, I'll strictly be importing models that SickAlice has ripped and posted on their deviantart page. The Marvel Avengers Academy meshes have a similar poly count to FF stuff, and I came up with a method for allowing the meshes to be compatible with both VX and male_basic keyframes.

Well, sorry for the rant. Hope everyone understands if I don't release anything... please continue to enjoy the 500+ meshes imported so far! Thanks!  :thumbup:

OrWolvie1

Quote from: detourne_me on August 18, 2019, 10:32:52 AM
Hey everyone!
I really appreciate that you enjoy all the meshes I've imported over the years. Let me clear up a few things. I'm a guy but I've always used a girl avatar, cause well, why not?
I think my character detourne_me is pretty cool and draws a lot of inspiration from characters I'e always liked. From Dagger to Jean Grey, heck even Jakita Wagner from Planetary.

As for my computer issues. I was using a PC that was getting a bit long in the tooth with outdated versions of Blender, newer versions of other 3d modelling software, and a host of other issues. Well it wasn't so good for my vudeo card it seems, and I was having frequent crashes and glitches.
Also, due to the fact that the majority of FF related tools are 15 years old, and not really well optimised for the amount of stuff I was doing (sure probably my fault for having a 30+ gig characters folder, and who knows how many other mods clogging up my .dat files), character tool, ffedit, and even the game would frequently crash on me.

So, after 15 years of creating content (most of which in the last 5) I decided to retire. Of course, i still get the itch from time to time... i think I need to archive all of my FF related files, and just do a fresh reinstall of FFVTTR, tools, and my 'creation suite' of Blender, Nifskope, and related programs.

I do need to limit myself though. There is no way I could import every character I wanted. I was literally sitting on 100 gigs of 3d models ripped from games in a variety of formats. (Including all of Mr. Uncle Bingo's deviant art stuff)
If I do return, I'll strictly be importing models that SickAlice has ripped and posted on their deviantart page. The Marvel Avengers Academy meshes have a similar poly count to FF stuff, and I came up with a method for allowing the meshes to be compatible with both VX and male_basic keyframes.

Well, sorry for the rant. Hope everyone understands if I don't release anything... please continue to enjoy the 500+ meshes imported so far! Thanks!  :thumbup:

DE, let me be the first to say that I've enjoyed all the things you've released over the years. Your style and attention to detail is fantastic. I, for one, am saddened to hear about your retirement, but I totally understand the need to move on, so to speak. I do hope you enjoy your time, And thank you for all that you've contributed to this community. You will not be forgotten. As far as the question of gender, I honestly think that it really doesn't matter. But thanks for clearing up any confusion that existed out there. You take care of yourself and please, don't be a stranger. Looking forward to seeing you pop in from time to time.

Take care of yourself and be happy

OrWolvie

cranlox

Hi friend!
A pleasure to hear from you!
I was very pleased to know where you were going and it gives me some hope that you miss this old game a bit and everything it allows. Without a doubt everything you contributed is uniquely great. Especially thanks for mocking bird & Steeljaw.
Understanding your retirement puts you in a parallel with the MCU Cap.
Thanks a lot. :cool: :thumbup:

style

Hey D_Me u are like The Lebron James of the Skoping dudes to see u retire is making me not only feel old but relieved that I retired way back when love ya bro and enjoy ur retirement! :thumbup:
The Ultimate Fan!

SickAlice

Just an FYI I deleted all model resources from the internet. Too many of the DA users are psychotic for lack of a better term and when it comes to shared 3d models. I wan't going to put up with that behavior and it seemed it would continue unless I got rid of the resources so I deleted the entire account and stock, sorry. If you ever need a model personally give me a holler though.

Also I knew you were a guy, sort of. I figured you may be fluid or something. Online these days I usually don't consider gender, just people are people and myself when it comes to viewing gender am somewhat unique. They label it pansexual I guess. Short version is I see people biologically and mentally as an amalgam of masculine and feminine characteristics and in most cases leaning strongly one way or the other though not in every case of course., a bit I picked up from studying genetics in school. Else man and woman are just societal roles therefore imagined abstracts. Either way you are just a person to me and a cool one at that and that's what matters.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on September 24, 2019, 03:11:50 AM
Just an FYI I deleted all model resources from the internet. Too many of the DA users are psychotic for lack of a better term and when it comes to shared 3d models. I wan't going to put up with that behavior and it seemed it would continue unless I got rid of the resources so I deleted the entire account and stock, sorry. If you ever need a model personally give me a holler though.

Wow. I went on DA last night looking for stuff and tried going to your section and freaked out when I saw that your account had been deleted. I'm glad it was you that deleted it and not DA.

SickAlice

Yeah, I mean it was just a hobby. Some of those people though I dunno. They would demand, not request, things that just weren't possible or didn't exist then follow it with death threats and such. So I entertained that for some time and just made the choice. That's just unacceptable. And it's not like it was something I was being paid to do but if it was I would have quit the job then.

john_patches