• Wire
    • Aluminum Rods
    • Scrapbooking Accents
    • Decorative Clasps
    • Lots of paint and glue

Here's a hint

Give up?

Answer:

These are the "Stinger" armbands for my new costume for DragonCon this year.   More to come in this thread as I finish parts of this undertaking.  Can you guess who I'm going as?[/list]
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Podmark

No idea what you're going as, but I'm really impressed with how cool those came out!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

DrMike2000

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Glitch Girl

Damn DrMike, you're good.

Yes, going as Steampunk Wasp.  Currently working on the wing pack (ran out of paint last night).  Will be sharing photos of that soon. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Tomato

I mean... the term "Stingers" pretty much gives it away.

Outcast

While my initial guess was the Wasp or maybe YellowJacket, i just can't see any of their costumes having those same kind of "stingers".

Didn't know there was a steam punk version of Wasp.

AfghanAnt

SickAlice

I was just saying to someone else that you can never lose with superhero+steampunk. If just your bracers look that keen I can't wait to see the full costume. Good luck with any competition as well should you be entering (I think my friends enter ones at DC but can't recall sorry).

Glitch Girl

Outcast: There isn't an official one, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's come up with this comcept.

SickAlice: I don't plan on entering anything except maybe the Hall Costume Contest - it's mostly to walk around in and show off.

Everyone: Thanks for the feedback.  Last night was working on the wings some more, though it's going slowly (not to mention my toilet is acting up and may need repairs, grrr)  Hopefully progress photos soon.
-Glitch Girl

laughing paradox

I love the concept and the bracelets look wonderful. I can't wait to see your final look!

SickAlice

Should think about it. My friend John did a handmade Mr.Freeze costume two years ago (last year he was Frank from the movie of the same name). It was seriously marvelous work, he even built a ventilation system into the dome for practical reasons as well irony. Anyways he entered it on a website and won free swag. Swag I tell you! Your doing great work and should get rewarded for it. Funny about your toilet no offense. I was just watching an episode of The Tick called Arthur, Interrupted last night and making clips from it. In it there's a hilarious scene where The Tick is having an argument with a clogged toilet. Your comment made me think of it and I certainly need a giggle today. Anyways good luck but it doesn't look like you'll need it. I'm sure the patience will pay off and look forward to more as I know everyone else is. It's so wonderful to know this collection of inspired and artistic individuals, I mean that. I'm proud to know all of you.

Glitch Girl

Small update:

Pack (unfinished)

Wings (unfinished)
-Glitch Girl

RTTingle

Cant wait to see the finished concept. :)

Glitch Girl

Wing assembly preview

(yes I have a manikin.  They were going to throw it out at work some years back and I took it on the slim chance that I'd have a costume framework that needed a "model" to wear it while I was working.  I am finally vindicated  :D )
-Glitch Girl

SickAlice

Yeah your going to churn out one amazing final piece I can tell. I LOVE the pack.

Having a mannequin is cool, nice versatile tool. I used to have one but my flatmates and I wasted it by vandalizing. I actually saw a photo of it a couple weeks ago, it retired to a nice home in a goth club in Minneapolis where it wears it's vandalism with pride.  :thumbup:

Outcast

Your own steam punk version of Wasp would be cool to see.

Really impressed how you can turn those ordinary things into cool looking costume props. :cool:

Glitch Girl

Finishing the last of the packing, but a friend took some shots when I put it on for a test run.  For the record, the wings STILL don't work right.  Argh.
-Glitch Girl

SickAlice

Hm. I can't see them on my end. Just large minus signs. ):

Tomato

Yeah... I thought it might have been my work internet, but I'm seeing the same thing at home too. Google might be blocking image sharing for some reason.

naitvalis

you show a nice talent and great inventive, all the pieces look like "shop crafted", however i guess there is a project on the paper for the whole costume, and i'm curious of see it.