News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The great Tomato purge of 2015

Started by Tomato, May 05, 2015, 11:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So I've made mention of this a bit, but sometime early next year, I'm planning to move to Las Vegas with a friend of mine from new york. Since part of the reason I'm leaving Maryland is because I can't really afford to keep paying retardedly large bills, I don't really think I'll be able to afford to hire a moving truck or anything to make the trip... So whatever I take with me has pretty much gotta fit into my small little car. And, whether I like it or not, that means that most of the figures I've been keeping in boxes... and a few of the ones I've had on display... will not be going with me.

So... yeah, that kind of sucks. Granted, I'm obviously keeping the collections that really matter to me (the FR customs, the Batman collection, the MCU figures, etc.) but it does sting that I'm getting rid of stuff that I invested so much energy into, even if they aren't among figures that have made the cut. That said, I can't bring myself to just toss them out, nor can I bring myself to go through and catalogue everything (beyond the work that'd take, I'd be too tempted to keep stuff I don't need.) So I'm just tossing everything not making the cut into a giant box, and selling the whole lot on ebay.

That said, it's gonna be a bit before I manage to find all the figures I've got hidden across my apartment, and even longer before I commit to a price to sell them for... and frankly, I'd rather them go to someone I know than some anonymous dude on ebay anyway. So I made a little video showing what's already in the box so far, and if anyone wants me to pull anything specific for them or wants to make me an offer for the final box, you're more than welcome to PM me.

JeyNyce

Any idea what price you're going to be selling them for?  I like the Harley Quinn and the Huntress figures.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

Since I'm mainly trying to unload them, not all that much... for each figure, maybe a couple bucks more than it costs me to ship them. That said though, I posted this on another forum as well (custom justice, which does a LOT of JLU/DC animated), and someone there already PMed me about unloading Harley and all the other animated figures (He also sold me a few of my JLords figures at a really good price, so I kinda owe him anyway).

That said, DCUC Huntress is totally still yours if you want it. I'll PM you after this is posted with prices and such. Let me know if there's anything else you want... I still have:

A decent number of K'nex mario figures (including rares like Waluigi and Bowser Jr)
ML Spiderman movie figures (I have all the film villains, as well as Spiderman from ASM1 and from the Raimi films. didn't bother with Black spidey or Mary Jane from that wave, or the stupid Buid a figure.)
DCUC figures (Rainbow Lanterns, some N52 figures, and even some of the CIE figures)
Jazwares Sonic line (I should have every character, even if I don't have all the variants. I have the Boom ones too, but I'm keeping those.)
a bunch of MU Avengers and villains (including my Custom Giant Man and Wasp)
A ton of the MLP Blind bag figures
A couple dozen Halo Mega Bloks figures, including a whole container of different weapons.
a few of the Mario 2-3" static figures.

Tomato

So I'm struggling with what to do with some stuff, and I figured I'd  get a bit of advice from you guys... Right now, I'm looking at my MCU collection, which is awesome and I have no intention of getting rid of it. However... I've always had a bit of a "Marvel vs DC" thing going on with it before now, but where I'm having issues is coming down firmly on either the 4" or 6" scales.

For example, Hasbro (the ones doing Marvel figures) have a fantastic line of 6" figures... the ones I have up now, coincidentally. They're detailed, super articulated, and really pop on the shelf. But because of the expense of the line, we often get shorted on the number of characters for it... No Falcon, No Quicksilver, No Scarlet Witch, No Vision, etc. That being said though, those gaps HAVE eventually gotten filled with later films... it just takes longer.

The 4 inch line, by contrast, often has more characters (including Vision)... but the figures lately have been garbage. They have 5 articulation points if we're lucky, and the paint apps are horrible. Even if I bit the bullet there, I'd basically be repainting everything... and I don't want to have to do that. BUT the 4" figures save a LOT of shelf space, so I could cram 30 figures in the same amount of space I'd previously been keeping 10.

But that said, who the hell knows what Mattel is doing with the DC figures going forward. I've always relied on the Movie Masters line for something in a larger scale, but Mattel has been really hammering on their DC Multiverse line lately. Since we're still ages away from the BvS, I have no idea what their primary scale would be going forward. If they basically decide to drop the 5-6" scale entirely, then I'm in kind of an awkward place. My options at that point are:

- Forget about the DC side entirely, and focus entirely on Marvel. And to be fair, with the MCU growing so large, that might have been something I'd want to do anyway.
- Switch over to the smaller scale. It'll be a pain, but I'd potentially have space for even more characters.
- Forget the filmverse and get the "Arrowverse" characters instead. They're a bit out of scale, but so was the MM line.