cant get DM's bulky sabretooth to display correctly

Started by satch4684, March 29, 2015, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satch4684

so according to the readme, you can use it with LP's or C6's skin, and it says leg/wrist fur is mapped to "extras2", so i changed the name of extras files and they now display correctly.

but the neck mane and regular hair on his head are all white/black. i tried converting the files to DDS and that messes up everything, the whole mesh looks pink. is this mesh not compatable at all with FFvs3R i don't know what else i should be doing..

hoss20

Let's go back and start with the original skin folder:

1. Make a copy of the Extras.tga file and rename it Extras2.tga. You will need both the Extras and Extras2 files.
2. Don't worry about making copies of the Extras_Refl and Extras_Glow files as the effects for the wrist and leg fur are mapped to the corresponding Extras file and not Extras2.
3. Change the name of the male_basic_lightmap.tga file to male_heavy_lightmap.tga.
4. Make a copy of the new male_heavy_lightmap.tga and rename it lightmap.tga. You will need both files.
*I believe the the LP skin referred to by DM is from his latest skope at Force of Paradox (link in my signature) and not his Yahoo group. If you were using this skin, all of the files are already in the dds format and don't need conversion. Of course, if you are using dds files, then all of the files mentioned above should be changed to name.dds and not tga.

This should do it. On a side note, the issues you were having are all to do with the skin files; the mapping of them, a wrong name, or a missing file. There isn't an issue with a skin being compatible with either game, except that FFVTTR prefers dds files as the default for its meshes. If a mesh isn't compatible with FFVTTR, then you won't be able to view it at all, wither in-game or in the Character Tool. This will result in a crash or error message.

satch4684

thanks yep that definitely did it  :)    yeah i have both the LP skin you refer to and C6 in the folder, but I used your guide there on C6's skin....his teeth still show up black, but maybe converting the tgas to dds would take care of that now? i think the LP skin did not ever show black teeth, last i checked

hoss20

Yeah, the problem is that C6's skin is for a different mesh that did not have a mouth that opened and closed. The teeth are part of the face on that skin and the art file doesn't have a separate spot for the inside of the mouth. Converting the art files won't make a difference, I'm afraid.

satch4684

right, that makes sense, i like the C6 version because of sabretooth's costume, but i'll probably use the LP skin then. i already use old cyclops, ill get a brown wolverine and have a nice classic look going on.  thanks again for your help