Started playing again on PS4. Deleted all characters and started over

Started by captmorgan72, March 13, 2015, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

I've been away from this game for quite awhile and decided to download and play again on my PS4. I was very pleased with how much better the graphics are on the PS4, looks very nice. I decided to delete my old PS3 characters and start over. Now I am addicted once again. I created a villain that has the power of nature. I like to make the appearance of my characters centered around their power. I selected the green and vine skin. Then later I got the demonic gloves, belt and boots and colored them to match the skin, creating the look of thorns growing out of his arms and feet. He looks really great. This will be his permanent look, everytime I get better gear I hide it to preserve his look. I don't see anyone else doing that. I see tons of characters running around wearing whatever armor they have and it just doesn't look right to me. Anyway having a blast again.

BigAl1775

Right before the PS4 port, they upgraded the game's overall graphics for all platforms. Unfortunately though, it still runs on the same server as the PS3, so endgame content tends to slow a bit and have issues. They have made several quality of life changes, but I still see it when I use my son's PS3 account. If you find yourself wanting to head to PC, we have an active "league/guild" there, and would be more than happy to help you out with anything. Regardless, have fun and enjoy.  :D
Dreadlok-Officer of Freedom Reborn on DCUO (PC)
              -Founder of Freedom Reborn on Marvel:Contest of Champions (tablet)

captmorgan72

Thanks for the offer but my pc couldn't handle Frogger. :) My character hit level 30 tonight and as far as I am concerned that means game over for that character. I am definitely not into grinding for armor/weapons and all that other stuff for level 30 characters. I am only interested in the single player story. Replaying the same missions over for gear is no fun for me at all. Going to create new characters with different powers/mentors and once I hit them all, I'll move on from this game.

BigAl1775

Fair enough. No game is worth any effort when it stops being fun.  ;)

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, I actually quit the game shortly after hitting max level.  Loved it before then, but considered the grind afterward to not be worth it, expecially since I really didn't want a subscription which is most useful at that point since you need the gear and all.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

captmorgan72

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 16, 2015, 11:20:23 PM
Yeah, I actually quit the game shortly after hitting max level.  Loved it before then, but considered the grind afterward to not be worth it, expecially since I really didn't want a subscription which is most useful at that point since you need the gear and all.
Yep, I really love the game up to level 30. After that its a grind fest bore. I am actually having tons of fun creating new characters both heroes and villains after reaching 30. I consider their journey over after reaching the inner circle of their faction. I am creating all my character's appearance based on their powers. My newest hero's power is ice. So I picked the crystal skin and colored it to look like ice and put him in briefs. I hide the armor/weapons and I think he looks great. Leaving the post 30 grind behind is so liberating and fun.

BigAl1775

Quote from: captmorgan72 on March 17, 2015, 01:02:01 AM
Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on March 16, 2015, 11:20:23 PM
Yep, I really love the game up to level 30. After that its a grind fest bore. I am actually having tons of fun creating new characters both heroes and villains after reaching 30. I consider their journey over after reaching the inner circle of their faction. I am creating all my character's appearance based on their powers. My newest hero's power is ice. So I picked the crystal skin and colored it to look like ice and put him in briefs. I hide the armor/weapons and I think he looks great. Leaving the post 30 grind behind is so liberating and fun.
One reason I still toy around with Champions is for that reason. And it takes forever to get to 40, so that helps.  :P
On a side note, their first "update" in 2011 gave the Bruno Mannheim missions, and they haven't added anymore to the 30 climb since. Players have asked for more pre-30 content...but its fallen on deaf ears  :banghead: