FFEDIT for freedom force vs 3rd reich

Started by heroidosilencio, March 02, 2015, 03:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

I got mod tools installed but when I click on  the icon FFVT3REDIT appears a  windows with this message:

"alert: cintloader::discoverlnaguages, no languages found"

I am using windows 7

Do you know what to do??

Outcast

I think ffvt3redit is for the level editor. That message appears if i try clicking on it in a computer where i haven't installed the game yet. You could try unzipping the mod tools inside your Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich folder.

If you want to use the FFedit file. Click on the FFedit application. Once it's opened you will need to see if it points to the correct path of the game.

Primary path usually points to your "newmod" folder or "ffx3" folder. Like

C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffx3

While the default paths of the rest might look like this...

Secondary Data Path: C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data

Nif Library Path: C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Art

Sound Path: C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Sounds

Game EXE: C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe

Level Editor EXE: C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3rEdit.exe

Python Editor: C:\Windows\Notepad.exe

Using FFedit can be difficult and confusing at times. But if you take the time to try, experiment and learn....you could get the hang of it.

heroidosilencio

Ahhhh, NOw I compreend.
I did direct it to the corresponding folders where the game data are located .

I can start the freefom force EDIT but my custom characters doesn't appear.
The characters from the game itself appears.
Do you know what happend???

hoss20

FFEdit is not designed to view or edit custom heroes. It can only read from the data files used by the game. You can transfer custom heroes into the game by using Alex's EZHero which can also be used to edit hero files without having to start the game. If you just want to use your custom heroes in the Rumble Room, it isn't necessary to put them into the game's data files. It's your choice, but the only reason you would have to install your custom heroes in the game's data files would be if you want to make them available for the original game's story or for a mod you may have downloaded that contains pre-made characters and you want to use your heroes instead. Alex's hero tool is found on the same page where you downloaded his Mod Tools package.

heroidosilencio

Hummmmm. I got it now.

I was trying to use ffedit to use in a character like mystique to make her change form...
but I guess it might be from other way....

Thank you very much for the help from you all!!!!

Red Fantom

heroidosilencio You ARE able to make your own custom characters using the editor,although in the case of making a custom character  like mystique, in a simple way-with just shapeshifter- you dont really have to , since you can make it a lot easier/faster using the ingame interface +the ffx control center.

I suggest you try and look over to the manuals of ffedit2 and ffx as well.
I have generally found them really helpfull.