News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFedit Problem

Started by theprodigyhnic, March 01, 2015, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theprodigyhnic

I installed a custom FX using FFEdit on  :ffvstr: everything goes good until I try to add animation to the new power and when i click on the animation and fx i want to use the game crashes.

It should be noted that i am using a FX created for the original  :ff:.

I also converted the TGA files for the FX to DDS files using photoshop before I copied them into the FX textures folders.

I read somewhere that  :ffvstr: uses dds instead of tga

I also tried deleting the campdef file and it still crashes

Cyber Burn

Just to try and figure out what is going on, I'll ask a few questions.

What FX did you install?

What Character did you try to use the FX with?

What Mesh for that Character did you use?

Was that Mesh converted for  :ffvstr:?

theprodigyhnic

The FX I used was an old dragon ball z FX for the  :ff:.  I was an FX for Goku's kamahama wave.  I think it was created by someone named ADCLAW.  Thats what it says in the install instructions.  But the instructions are for  :ff:.

The character I used was a Super Sayian 3 Goku.  I edited the model from an old Dragon ball Z game.

Yes it works in  :ffvstr:.  It shows up and looks good to me.  I have only used it in the rumble room though just to see how it looks in game.  Every thing seems to go well with the character until I tried adding the custom fx and them the game crashes.  Also when I tried to run rumble room the game freezes with the custom FX installed trough FFEdit so I just removed everything to do with the custom FX and it rumble rooms runs again.  Only thing now it that the character floats when I move for a few seconds and then it will start a running animation like normal.

I was a huge fan of the original  :ff: but just got into  :ffvstr: recently.  I read that you could adapt 3d models to run in  :ff: and :ffvstr: so I decided to play around with it.  Once I saw that it was possible I decided to go a little further and try to add FX and sounds for the my character but have hit a wall.

theprodigyhnic

One more thing I used blender to create the character.nif for the character by exporting it as a  :ff: nif.  After that I converter it to a  :ffvstr: nif using EZNif converter. 

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any of these files, so I can't really look into them. But if I'm understanding correctly, then the main issue is with the FX crashing your  :ffvstr: Game. My first thought would be to convert the FX in the same way that you did your Mesh (But ALWAYS back up your work first). If that doesn't work, then we can move on from there.

theprodigyhnic

Ok I tried converting the FX nif files using EZ nif converter.  It will convert the core.nif but the program crashes when I try to convert the start.nif and end.nif. 

Yea all of my files for the game are old.  I use to play  the original but I stopped playing a long time ago.  I downloaded a lot of stuff for the original before I stopped playing though.  The mistake I made was backing it up on cds.  I used 2 cds to backup everything.  Now I can get only 1 cd to read.  So I have a lot of old skins, fx, meshes, etc for the original.

The cd that doesnt read had all the mods on it.  I remember having a transformers, DC, and a some mods for it on that second cd.  I have to get it to read some way

Cyber Burn

If you have the original Zip File for that FX, if you want to send it my way, I'd be glad to take a look at it. It's feasible that the Start and End Nifs could be replaced with ones from  :ffvstr:. If that's the case, then perhaps the FX would be able to work without issue. There's no guarantee of course, but if you're interested, let me know, and I'll PM you my E-Mail address.

theprodigyhnic

Ok I could do that. That way you could have a copy in your files. Would you be willing to convert all the DBZ FX that I have.   I have a few more not just the one. I could zip them all into one file.

Cyber Burn

I could try, but you'd have to be aware that there is no way that I could currently do this in a timely manner. Between my other commitments here, and my commitments in the outside world, I'm pretty much overwhelmed right now. One FX would have taken time just finding compatible substitutions, that's not including the time it would take re-doing them to match the original FX. The more FX I do, the longer it would take. I don't mind trying, but I want to make sure that you're aware that it would take more than a while to get these back to you. If you're alright with that, let me know, and I'll PM you my E-Mail address.

theprodigyhnic

Oh ok.  I found another FX to use but I do have another question.  How do I create animaitons and keyframes.  I found some tutorials on you yahoo group but I'm not sure what program they are using to create the animations.  Can you tell me what programs are needed to create animations and keyframes.

Cyber Burn

If you're trying to create Animations from scratch, I believe that you need 3ds Max. However, I do believe that NifSkope can alter Animations to a certain degree.

theprodigyhnic

Ok thanks I have both those programs

Cyber Burn

Hey theprodigyhnic, I just wanted to follow up here, and see if you were able to get your FX issues straightened out.