News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Where Do You Get Those Wonderful Toys?

Started by Cyber Burn, February 05, 2015, 02:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

I'm not sure where to put this, since this is the Toy area, I'll start off here.

My Son's Birthday is next weekend and he desperately wants a Transformers "Grimlock":

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/grimlock-masterpiece-toys-r-us-rerelease-official-images/30014/

I know this is going to have to be purchased online, but I'm not sure the best route to go. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Website I should go through for this?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help out.  :thumbup:

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

JeyNyce

In Tomato search there's one listed for $119 and $9.99 shipping.  I'm thinking about getting one to go with my Optimus Prime

BentonGrey

Ohh my gosh, I want one!  Those things are super awesome, but they aren't $140 worth of awesome to me. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I got the one that was for $120.00 plus it is supposed to be delivered before his Birthday. A little more expensive than I had planned, but knowing how excited he will be when he opens it will be more than worth it.  :D

Thank you for finding these links, the ones I had found were in the 140-180 range, so I really appreciate all of your help.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Cool!  Yeah, I imagine that will make that kid's year!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Well, my little guy loves his new Grimlock, and was absolutely blown away when he saw it. He also scored with a bunch of new Lego sets.

Building his Lego sets with him has really made me miss my old Lego sets from when I was younger, and I'm debating starting a collection back up. Basically, I'm thinking of creating something similar to what I had when I was in High School (Oh so many years ago  :P), and building a Castle with an army of Knights. Though I am thinking of switching out the Knights for those Chima Characters (I was really impressed with the set my Son got).

Basically, I went to the Lego Store, Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us, just checking out the various sets to see what my options are. I also went online and checked out the official Lego site. There really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of sets that would allow me to choose a single type of character, for example, the Castle sets have Blue/Grey Knights, and Red/Black Knights, whereas I would want just one or the other.

Now that I've rambled on more than I needed to, does anyone know of a site that would sell Lego Characters individually? Something that would allow me to build a consistent looking army?

Tomato

Depends. I know a great site for finding particular bricks for decent prices, and they have a great selection of minifigs, but without having the product numbers searching is sometimes a pain.

http://www.bricklink.com/index.asp

Cyber Burn

Oh wow!!! This is a fantastic site!

Thank you again 'Mato, this is very much appreciated.

JeyNyce

Also if you go to the Lego store, you can find parts/ pieces to build whatever you want.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: JeyNyce on February 17, 2015, 12:39:39 AM
Also if you go to the Lego store, you can find parts/ pieces to build whatever you want.

I was actually a bit disappointed with the Lego Store I went to, there was quite a bit that they seemed to be out of. But I definitely plan on going to other stores if possible, I'd love to see what they have in comparison.

Tomato

You can also go to the lego website and get specific pieces from there as well. They also have all the instructions in PDF format so you can get product codes from that.