problems trying to find black_bullet

Started by bdrake, January 13, 2015, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdrake

Hi fellow ff fans, i've started playing p city again and  get the error message
"alert: No character template was found to generate possible actions for!, black_bullet"
  I've checked the archives and the advice was given to delete the template but i cant seem to find it  in ffxedit2 or ffedit. where should i be looking?  :banghead:

Amazo Version 2.2

when you're looking for the template in ffedit or ffxedit2, are making sure that the file path is pointing to the right mod folder? otherwise I think you will just be looking at the templates for the main game.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

bdrake

thanks for the answer amazo,  im not sure because under data folder, the folder for ffx has all my characters and in game characters but the folder for pat city  is blank

Cyber Burn

When you open up FFEdit, your "Options" Tab should automatically be open.

For "Primary Data Path", you should see: C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data

For "Secondary Data Path", you should see: C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data

For "NIF Library Path", you should see: C:\Program Files (x86)\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\Data\Art

For all 3, change "Data" to "patcity" (But with no quotes).

Click on the "Templates" Tab. On the left side of FFEdit, you will see your "Template" list. Right above "black_jack", you will see "black_bullet" (Again, no quotes). You should then be able to delete "black_bullet". Click on "Save", and you should be good to go.

joemama

Quote from: bdrake on January 14, 2015, 09:18:39 PM
thanks for the answer amazo,  im not sure because under data folder, the folder for ffx has all my characters and in game characters but the folder for pat city  is blank

Does that mean your FFVTTR\PatCity folder is empty?  That would explain the missing template....perhaps your download was corrupted?  Or maybe you downloaded the patch and not the complete mod?  There's another thread on what you should see in your patcity folder here: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=57583.0

Cyber Burn

Before I posted, I had downloaded the Patriot City Mod and installed it, and then I did a search for "black_bullet". My search came up empty. I uninstalled the Patriot City Mod, deleted the "Exe" Files (Both, the main one, and the patch), and re-downloaded, and re-installed both. Again, I did a search for "black_bullet", and again, my search came up empty.

At this point, I don't think there is a "black_bullet" in the Mod, but I could still be wrong.

But now I'm just curious, could there be a problem with the actual download? Or is there no "black_bullet" in the Mod?

bdrake

http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41765.0  cyberburn here is the original post i got the advice from, hopefully it will help

bdrake

joe i do have the mod installed ive played through the keeping the city safe  campians and when i travel to the sewers  where i encounter the bard  after beating him the error occurs

Cyber Burn

Quote from: bdrake on January 15, 2015, 01:09:36 AM
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=41765.0  cyberburn here is the original post i got the advice from, hopefully it will help

Going by that post, then the instructions I posted on deleting "black_bullet" from the Template List should technically work.

FreedomDoh

Quote from: Cyber Burn on January 15, 2015, 01:54:36 AM
Quote from: bdrake on January 15, 2015, 01:09:36 AM

Going by that post, then the instructions I posted on deleting "black_bullet" from the Template List should technically work.
I have the same error and black bullet does not appear on the template list.  I might try to reinstall everything if I can't figure this out.  When I check the FF.log I see "00:14:27.04: FF: Error! CGameObjFactoryImpl::patchRPGStats Unable to find cDef for antihero_1 (black_bullet), forcing defaults"

The error appears randomly while playing through patcity, whether I'm in the city or underground