News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

TNT Titans

Started by HarryTrotter, January 02, 2015, 07:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

New TNT show based around the Teen Titans is set to begin shooting this year.Not a lot is known yet.

http://screenrant.com/teen-titans-tv-show-tnt/
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

And Nerdist has a supposed lineup of charachters: Nightwing,Barbara Gordon,Hawk & Dowe,Raven and Starfire.So any thoughts?
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Not that it was moving forward...
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

http://batman-news.com/2017/08/03/teagan-croft-raven-titans/
After all,it looks like its happening.Phrases like Akiva Goldsman,Geoff Johns,Greg Berlanti and DC's new streaming service dont exactly inspire confidence however.
Jon Farmer

Shogunn2517

Wow.... almost PRETeen Titans.  Didn't think they'd go this young.

Still curious if they're going Arrowverse or DCEUniverse...  Or their own.  Dick is suppose to headline the group.  But don't think there's a Batman in the Arrowverse and Dick is older in DCEU.

HarryTrotter

I think the idea was of Dick Grayson,Boston detective,becoming Nightwing.Meaning Robin-less and Batman-less.
But that was a long time ago,so things probably changed.
Jon Farmer

Tomato

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on August 06, 2017, 05:29:42 AM
Dick is older in DCEU.

Hrm

Edit: I have since done a bit of homework and have discovered that the gravesite in BvS is just Snyder's perverse "wink and nod" to the character, and that according to DC management, Grayson is indeed alive and has a solo film in production. If anything, that's more annoying to me (Don't put something like that in there knowing fans will pick up on it if that's not what you're doing), but whatever. Back to the questionable Titans show.

spydermann93

Quote from: Tomato on August 07, 2017, 03:23:23 PM
Quote from: Shogunn2517 on August 06, 2017, 05:29:42 AM
Dick is older in DCEU.

Hrm

Edit: I have since done a bit of homework and have discovered that the gravesite in BvS is just Snyder's perverse "wink and nod" to the character, and that according to DC management, Grayson is indeed alive and has a solo film in production. If anything, that's more annoying to me (Don't put something like that in there knowing fans will pick up on it if that's not what you're doing), but whatever. Back to the questionable Titans show.

Wasn't that scene Bruce's parents funeral anyways? It wouldn't make sense for that grave to be that Dick Grayson, anyways.

Shogunn2517

http://deadline.com/2017/08/titans-anna-diop-cast-starfire-live-action-series-dc-digital-service-1202155063/

Well.... Let me state the obvious: Starfire is a comicbook alien.

Spoiler
Anna Diop is most known for being the wife of Eric Carter, the protagonist in 24: Legacy.  Of course we could talk about what I'm sure many will want to talk about.  However, I'm a little more curious about her age.  From all I could gather, Diop is well into adulthood.  While Teagan Goodard(cast as Raven), from what I can tell is not.  Kinda curious what they're trying to do with the story and where in continuity/timeline will this be.

HarryTrotter

Jon Farmer

BentonGrey

Yep, actor race doesn't matter too much in this type of situation.  She doesn't look too much like I imagined Starfire, but that's just personal perspective (and obviously there's going to be a lot of makeup involved here).

The age gap is surprising.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Maybe it will be a kind of Young Justicestyle approach where Starfire and Cyborg were senior members?

Podmark

It actually fits the modern comics where Raven was resurrected as a teen (pre-New 52) and is just a teen (New 52) whereas Sapphire is aged with the original Teen Titans like Nightwing.
Still not sure what they're take is yet.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Shogunn2517

So, Dick Grayson has been cast....

Spoiler
I say "Dick Grayson because different publications probably ignorant of the character and his history,
have him list as Nightwing, and "the Boy Wonder" though I'm pretty sure it's Nightwing. But the role goes to Breton Thwaites, Australian actor who was last seen in the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Also, just an FYI Cyborg and Beast Boy are yet to be cast so it's lol but confirmed not a part of the movieverse.  Still not sure if it's Arrowverse but it is  Berlanti production so... there's that.

Silver Shocker

"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

daglob

Which version? The 1960s series was one of my favorite comics, I enjoyed the 1970s version, the 1980s series was alright but it lost me, the John Byrne series was pretty good. I couldn't stand any of the others, but I acknowledge that may just be me.

No, I don't expect it to be the 1960s version. Even if they did try it, they would have to "fix" it.

Silver Shocker

No clue. I don't know if DC themselves even knows. Chief, Elasti-Girl, Robot Man and Negative Man are confirmed to appear in Titans. Cyborg will appear as a "key character" in Doom Patrol (which is weird. I was under the impression WB takes away all the toys if they're in the movies, except for Flash of course). Negative Woman appeared as a villain in Legends of Tomorrow, but who knows if this is in the Arrow verse (probably not?)

What I do know is Elasti-Girl is being played by April Bowlby, who played ditsy eye candy girlfriend Candy on Two and a Half Men. Seems like an odd casting choice. Am I the only one who thinks she'd be better suited to play, oh I don't know, Starfire? It'd probably be better than the one we're getting, because the Starfire we are getting looks pretty bad.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

https://youtu.be/QIYzdBAxcM8
Once again,I find myself asking if the people making the series/movie ever read the comics?Which seems to be a constant problem for DC.
And yeah,f*** Batman.  :huh:
Jon Farmer

daglob

"Comic books? What comic books? We're making ART!"

Deaths Jester

This is art?!? I thought this was another "turn brain off" summer superhero waste-of-time cartoon movie...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

Really?.....really?.....REALLY?

I....I wasn't expecting much...but wow...this looks amazingly awful.  It will fit right in with the DCMU.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

kkhohoho

"F*** BATMAN."

F*** this show. :thumbdown:
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Pretty much, Kk, pretty much.  They are trying so desperately to be dark and edgy, and it just seems so ridiculously silly.
God Bless

HarryTrotter

At least we know what happened to Dick Grayson,age 12.

And once again,this seems like another case where people making it just said: I think I got the gist of it.And thats why we got Batman running over people in a tank and Superman as a carboard cutout god.My theory is that Snyder got his info on Superman from Kill Bill 2.
And thats it,DC adaptation lately have managed to completly miss the spirit of the characters.With the exception of Wonder Woman,IMO.
Hey,do you ever see Batman helping people?F*** no.This Batman savagly beats up a guy in front of his own daughter.
Sorry,a bit off topic...
Jon Farmer

Deaths Jester

Seeing as everyone is talking about it< I decided to go look at what this bloody thing looked like.  Got to say, the only thing they seemed to get right was Dove's costume.  Not how they are portraying Dove cause they felt the need to zero in on nothing but Robin and Raven and how dark and gritty they made them.  Also, is it just me or does their Starfire look like an African-American hooker with he dreadlock-ish hair and white fur coat?!?!   :blink:

daglob

It's not just you....

I'm thinking that they decided to make her a Terran, and just avoid the whole E.T. thing. Or she came here and that was the only occupation the writers allowed her to pursue.

One of my pet peeves with the '90s TV Flash was that it always took place at night so they could make it dark, gritty, like a Tim Burton Batman. The Flash is, well flashy; lots of speed and color and bizarre villains (who take a page or so to explain why they aren't really that outrageous).

Tomato

Hrm. Like, I was expecting a cheapo made for TV show, something like inhumans on ABC. This... This is somehow better and much worse than I expected at the same time. It's visually interesting, and I don't mind the darker grittier stuff per see... But they glorified in the blood they showed. I expect that nonsense from punisher, not the Titans.

Deaths Jester

Oh...and why the bloody 'ell does Beast Boy look like a green version of Micheal J Fox's Teen Wolf?!? Couldn't they have maybe...tried a bit harder or spent maybe $100 more for some CGI?!?

kkhohoho

Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 20, 2018, 11:32:23 PM
Oh...and why the bloody 'ell does Beast Boy look like a green version of Micheal J Fox's Teen Wolf?!? Couldn't they have maybe...tried a bit harder or spent maybe $100 more for some CGI?!?

Of course not. What, did you think DC and Warner Bros were multi-billion corporations with oodles and oodles of cash to burn? Money doesn't grow on trees. ;)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203