To open or not to Open?....That is the Question!

Started by JeyNyce, December 19, 2014, 03:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

How do you guys feel about opening your figures?  I have mix feeling about it.  Some I will open, while others I want to keep packaged up.  Here's a good example, you seen most of my collection is out on display, but I have a few that I still keep in their packages.

So what do you guys do?  Open?  Not open? or a little bit of both?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tomato

I'm a huge proponent of opening all my figures. There have been one or two cases where I've made an exception (I still have a SDCC exclusive YJ Superboy in his pod, for example) but for the most part I like having the figures in hand. I honestly could not care less about the resale value on an opened toy, and all that stupid cardboard prison does is take up space.

bat1987

I awlays open them. Capullo figures have really nice packaging that is meant to be displayed side by side but I still opened them.

I can totally see people keeping MOC stuff like Mattel's Super Power remake figures for example.

Podmark

I've always opened my figures. I've got to hold them in my hand and pose them on my desk. Occasionally I'll even play with them a little.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

While I will open some, I usually keep most of them in their packages.

Unfortunately, a lot of my "In Package" figures had their packaging ruined when my house flooded a while back (Mainly due to the poor packaging done by the company that came in to fix everything).  So I recently opened my entire JLA Collection and put them on display.