News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Black 3d model see through in game

Started by SickAlice, October 13, 2014, 04:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Having a problem. Some of the mesh parts I made are see through. They aren't alpha'd out exactly as you can see the texture but all sides can be seen from the others. For example if your looking at the character from the front you'd see the texture on the front and back at the same time make it appear " inverted in 3d space " to put it a way.

I noted in the 3d model program when I look at the mesh parts without texture applied, these problem models appear black whereas the usual ones are grey (smooth shaded and so on). I can conclude since they look wrong in the modelling program the issue must start there but I've no clue as to what. Any help would be appreciated.

grenadier

It sounds like your mesh's polygons have flipped.

If you're using max, select your object and go to the modifier tab to the right.
Expand the Edit mesh modifier and Choose polygon.
select the entire object so that it is now red.
Go back to the modifier tab and go down to the Normals section.
Here you have a choice to flip, unify, or flip normal mode.

If using Blender, select your object.
Go into edit mode.  Go to the lower left where the Mesh tab is located.
Open it and look for normals.  Choose Flip normal.

If that is the problem this should fix it.

All in all, this makes a great aura effect.

Until Further Notice,  

No Requests will be be accepted.

SickAlice

Worked like a charm thanks. See this is why you rock steady. I knew it had to do with flipped normals by searching a bunch of sites. But what everything I searched through lacked was a clear and concise resolution. I've actually had this issue for about a year and always resolve to just starting over and remaking the model. This is a huge chunk of frustration off my back, thank you.