News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FX gone corrupted again!!!!

Started by Jimaras8, October 09, 2014, 04:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

This is really getting into my nerves. Suddenly when i opened the game today i noticed that hyper brath fx had been replaced by i white beam that looked nothing like a breath. This had happened a couple of months ago with Blink javelin and iceman snowball. I managed to fix those. Why is this happening? Has anyone else encountered this? I am really angry right now as i thought i has erdicated this issue. Could someone send me hyper breath and snowball textures and nifs?

spydermann93

Can't say that I've had any issues like that, Jim.  Sorry :(

I can send you the snowballs FX, but what category does the "Hyper Breath" fall under?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can just send you the FX without knowing that :P

EDIT 2: Consider the FX and textures sent.  Hopefully they fix your issues.

Jimaras8

Hyper breath originally was used as cone attack but i think it's best suited as a beam attack. Thx for the package spyder i will update if the problem is solved or not.

Jimaras8

Nope it didn't work. I tried everything, overwriting the textures and nifs over the MA folder, over the  :ffvstr: folder, assigning the nif from the MA library instead of vanilla library. Nothing worked. Snowball is a stream of ice instead of a ball and hyper breath looks like white atomic beam. I am really frustrated because when i start the DCUG mod every single fx works fine. I don't know what is happening. How can fx look different out of the blue without any intereference from my part???

Cyber Burn

Hey Jim, use FFEdit to check the FX DAT Files. Make sure that the correct folders are being pointed to. It's possible that if you merged your DAT Files with ones from other people or from Mods, then maybe someone had altered the File Paths, which could be causing the problem you're currently having.

Jimaras8

Hm the problem came up with i fused the fx form my othe computer with this one. BUt i hadn't altred any paths and i checked it. HYper breath was still pointed as the others in library/generic of the the vanilla game folder. Maybe i should try mergwe the DCUG dat where all fx work with my MA. And keep a backup of MA fx.dat just in case.

Cyber Burn

When this is happening, what are you running?

Vanilla Game?
FFX?
DCUG?
MA?

If you want, send me the files for the "Hyper Breath", along with the problem FX DAT File that you are using, and I'll take a look at them for you.

Jimaras8

I use exclusively MA for the last cople of years. The problem doesn't exist in DCUG. I will send you my dat and the snowball and hyper breath files from the MA library CB. This thing is really getting in my nerves.

Cyber Burn

I'll go through them tonight, but I'm sure that between the lot of us, we'll be able to figure this out.

Jimaras8

I really do hope this is true CB. To be honest i have tried everything but i pray you find the solution.

Cyber Burn

OK, not feeling too great, and really tired, but I looked through things really fast (I look more this weekend), but in my MA Mod's "generic" folder, I have a "snowball" and a "snowballs" FX folder. You sent me "snowball2", "snowballs", "snow_ball", and "snow_balls". It may take some time, but I think I can figure this one out. "Hyper_Breath" has a couple of possibilities. Can't really form many more coherent thoughts, but it should be fixable.

Was "Hyper_breath" originally a Cone effect? Did someone change it to a beam effect? Is there another FX that "Hyper_breath" looks like? That might give me an ideal on how to fix this.

Jimaras8

Well CB don't bother with the snowballs, the fx for them works. The snowball fx on the other hand doesn't. I assume the snow_ball is the same with your snowball. As for hyper breath, yes it was originally a cone but it didn't work well as suck. The fx is designed to be a beam so i changed it into beam. And worked well as such for a long time. Do you have DCUG on your pc? In the cone fx you can see why hyper breath is originally beam attack. For your third question, no i can't think of any similar effect. The fx visuals are kinda unique. Imagine a beam of frozen air with the eye of reich cold effect in the end.

Cyber Burn

If nothing else, if I can't fix the "Hyper_Breath" FX, I'll make a new one. I'm going to assume it's basically used for a Character like Superman as a Super Cold Breath type effect?

Jimaras8

Exactly. The visuals are actually a stream of white air with a cold effect in the end.

Cyber Burn

Hey Jim, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about this, I currently have between 30-40 FX that I am working on, so it's just taking a little longer than planned.

Jimaras8

No problem CB i have kinda gotten over it.