News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 3

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 20, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcast

"Thanks for the assist Legacy!"... though i'm not quite sure if Legacy's Gung Ho power was able to make use of Idealist's power to destroy the MDP yet.

If the MDP has already been destroyed, i'll play Positive Energy to heal up the injured heroes and deal Baron Blade 2 Psychic damage. Then i'll use Dr. Medico's power to heal Idealist from the Backlash. Then draw a card to end my turn.

If the MDP hasn't been destroyed yet, i think i'll still play Positive Energy since it can deal damage to each Villain target? And if i can decide the order of who gets damaged first thereby making it possible for me to damage Baron Blade then i'll stick to the same tactic afterwards ( Medico heals Idealist, Draw a card ).

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 16, 2014, 02:26:52 PM
Wait....didn't my discarding my hand destroy the environment effect? Or do we have to go one turn with it before it's gone?

The environment's effect has been destroyed. Those of us who still have some cards in hand need to discard only 1 card though, because of Baron Blade playing the card...Consider the price of Victory during his turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Assuming you used Idealists power during Legacy's turn to kill the mdp, then yes, it is gone before your turn even starts.

When the Backlash field goes off, I immediately get to use a power thanks to Ultimate target, so I deal Blade another 2 points of damage.

You draw

Spoiler

Team Communication: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards.You may play a card.

Fun mini game with that deck--trying to play four copies of Team Communications in the same turn.  I managed it only once, but have done 3 on several occasions.  Yes, that's a lot of cards.

I play Eye on the Prize and deal Blade 2 points of damage.  He Backlashes me for 3 points of damage, giving me an immediate power use.  I use my base power to hit him again for 2 points of damage.  Eye on the Prize lets me and draw and play a card.  I then play

Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.

I will use Compounded Bow's power to hit Blade for 2 and 2 points of damage and draw a card.

It is now the Environment's turn. 

Cards in Play: None

Time Cataclysm plays F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy: 5 hp,Anomaly,Agent--At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Agent Target with the second highest HP (H) minus 1 Toxic Damage.

Since Fanatic and Baron Blade are now tied for highest hp, I nominate him to be second highest.  Yes, we can do that.  In case of ties, players decide.  The Spy deals Blade 4 toxic damage.  Backlash hits the spy for 3 damage.  Since Blade has dealt damage I can use a power and use the bow to hit him for 2 and 2 points of damage.  Time traveling cyborg cowboys are pretty awesome, what can I say.

It is now Blade's turn

Side:TerraLunar Impulsion Beam Inventor
HP: 22 Highest Villain Target
Cards in Play: Backlash Field
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3

Lightning Damage.
Trash: 7/15

He plays

Devious Disruption: One-Shot--Each player may destroy any of their Equipment and/or Ongoing cards.Baron Blade deals each Hero Target X Lightning Damage, where X = 3 plus the number of Hero Ongoing and Equipment cards still in play.

We have four equipment and ongoing cards in play right now.  All four are very useful.  We should be able to knock him down to 0 hp and flip him if we can leave him on this side.  I'd be tempted to just take the 7 seven damage, as everyone can survive that, but I'm willing to destroy my contract and get it back later if need be.  Well lose 10+ points of damage this round to the Baron if I do though, but I think we'll be fine.

Expat and Fanatic need to decide if they wish to keep their equipment cards and everyone should weigh in one whether we should just take the damage or try to destroy it down to a reasonable level.  I'll go by the decision of the group.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

Shouldn't my play have prevented his card use? Or did I misunderstand it?

catwhowalksbyhimself

No you are correct Reep.

Forget that guys, your host is an idiot.  I will shuffle that card back into the deck and we will pretend that never happened.  Also you needed to take some damage from that card.  I'll update it.

That makes it Expat's turn.

Effects in play:
Chrono-ranger deals 1 extra point of damage to Baron Blade
The first time per turn Blade deals damage, Chron-ranger may use a power
The first time per turn Blade recieves damage, he deals the target that dealt the damage 3 lightning damage.

HP: 21 Highest Villain Target
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3

Lightning Damage.

HP: 26
Available Powers:
Load: Play a card
Tactical Shotgun: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a

time.

Cards in Play: Tactical Shotgun
Spoiler

Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,
Limited,
Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.
Only 1 Ammo card may be in

play next to this card at a time.

Hand: Nothing

HP: 30 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:
Redeem--Fanatic regains 1 hp.  Draw 1 card.
Absolution: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

In Play: Absolution
Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or

Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card.
Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile

Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage.You may draw a card.Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then,

destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets

cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn,

destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character

cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's

maximum HP minus her current HP.

HP: 25
Available Powers
Gung-Ho: 1 Hero regains 1 hp and may use a Power now.

In Play: Take Down

Hand:
Spoiler

Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.
Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
"Thokk!":One-Shot--Legacy deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.Draw a card.
Inspiring Presence: Ongoing,Limited--When this card enters play, each Hero Target regains 1 HP.Increase Damage dealt by

Hero Targets by 1.

Dr Medico
10 hp
Power--M.D.: 1 Hero target regains 3 hp.

Mainstay
11 hp
Power--Block: Reduce damage dealt to all your Hero targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

The Idealist
9 hp Lowest Hero Target
Power--Telekinetic Jab: The idealist deals 1 target 2 Psychic damage.

Writhe
11 hp
POwer--Extract: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

In Play: None

Hand
Spoiler

Team Communicationt: One-Shot--Draw 4 cards.You may play a card.
Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and

Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6

HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3

HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may

draw 1 card.

HP: 22

In Play: Compounded Bow, Ultimate Target(Baron Blade)
Spoiler

Compounded Bow: Equipment--Power: Chrono-Ranger deals 1 Target 1 Projectile Damage and 1 Damage of a type of your choice.
"The Ultimate Target":Ongoing,Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target.Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to

that Target by 1.The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

Cards in Play: F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy, 2hp

Spoiler

F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy: 2 hp,Anomaly,Agent--At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Agent Target with the

second highest HP (H) minus 1 Toxic Damage.

Deaths Jester

I'll use shotgun on Blade, draw a card, and end my turn.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal him 4 damage, he backlashes you for 3, which lets me use my bow to hit him for 4 more.

You draw

Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.

Effects in play:
The first time per turn Blade recieves damage, he deals the target that dealt the damage 3 lightning damage.

HP: 13 Highest Villain Target
Spoiler

Lightning Damage.

HP: 23
Available Powers:

time.

Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and

destroy this card.
Limited,

Available Powers:
Absolution: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or

Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card.

Sanctifying Strike:One-Shot--Fanatic deals 1 Target 1 Melee Damage.You may draw a card.Fanatic regains 1 HP.
Prayer of Desperation: One-Shot--Draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.Immediately end your turn.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then,

destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets

cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn,

destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character

Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Next Evolution: Ongoing   Power: Legacy is immune to the Damage type of your choice until the start of your next turn.
Motivational Charge:Ongoing,Limited--Power: Legacy deals 1 Target 2 Melee Damage. Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Inspiring Presence: Ongoing,Limited--When this card enters play, each Hero Target regains 1 HP.Increase Damage dealt by

Hero Targets by 1.

Dr Medico
10 hp

Mainstay
11 hp
Power--Block: Reduce damage dealt to all your Hero targets by 1 until the start of your next turn.

The Idealist
9 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writhe
11 hp
POwer--Extract: Reveal the bottom card of a deck. Discard it or put it on the top of that deck.

Hand
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and

Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6

HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3

Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may

draw 1 card.

Spoiler

"The Ultimate Target":Ongoing,Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target.Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to

that Target by 1.The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

Spoiler

F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy: 2 hp,Anomaly,Agent--At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Agent Target with the

It is now Fanatic's turn

Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

destroy this card.

destroy this card.

Glitch Girl

Fanatic will smite the Baron with Absolution and 3 points of holy fire and an additional  point of melee damage with  Sanctifying Strike (and I'll draw a card).
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

You have to use Sanctifying first, so you hit him for one, he hits you back for 3.  That lets me use a power and I use my boy to hit him for 4 more, then you hit him for 3 with Absolution.  You also get to draw two cards thanks to Sanctifying and heal up to full hp.

You draw

Spoiler

Divine Sacrifice: One-Shot--Fanatic deals up to 3 Targets 1 Irreducible Radiant Damage each.Damage dealt by those Targets is redirected to Fanatic until the start of your next turn.
Embolden: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Hero Character card. That Hero may use an additional Power during their power phase.At the end of that Hero's turn, Fanatic may deal them 2 Radiant Damage. If they take no Damage this way, destroy this card.

Effects in play:

HP: 6 Highest Villain Target
Spoiler

Lightning Damage.

Available Powers:

time.

Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and

destroy this card.
Limited,

HP: 31 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:

Spoiler

Hand:
Spoiler

Final Dive:One-Shot--Destroy a Target with 4 or fewer HP, other than a Character card. Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile  Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Divine Sacrifice: One-Shot--Fanatic deals up to 3 Targets 1 Irreducible Radiant Damage each.Damage dealt by those Targets is redirected to Fanatic until the start of your next turn.
Embolden: Ongoing--Play this card next to a Hero Character card. That Hero may use an additional Power during their power phase.At the end of that Hero's turn, Fanatic may deal them 2 Radiant Damage. If they take no Damage this way, destroy this card.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's maximum HP minus her current HP.

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Hero Targets by 1.

Dr Medico
10 hp

Mainstay
11 hp

The Idealist
9 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writhe
11 hp

Hand
Spoiler

HP.

draw 1 card.

Spoiler

Spoiler

It is now Legacy's turn.  Takedown is destroyed.

Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Hero Targets by 1.

Reepicheep

I'll go ahead and use Thokk on Baron Blade, then repeat my Gung Ho from last time: Idealist. That should leave the Sentinels to finish Blade off.

"This'll show him! Make it count, fellas!"

catwhowalksbyhimself

You deal him 3 damage and he hits you back for 3.  This lets me hit him for 2 and 2 damage.

His Impulsar in ruins, a furious Baron Blade dons his power armor and returns to have his revenge on the heroes.

Baron Blade flips to his Vengeful Mad Scientist side and is restored to 30 hp.  All copies of Mobile Defense Platform are removed from his deck and trashed.

Idealist regains 1 hp and may use a power now.

EDIT: Forget the nemesis bonuses, so you hit him for 4 and he hits you for 4.  I get my second hit in after he flips.

Legacy draws

Spoiler

Flying Smash: One-Shot--Legacy deals up to 3 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.

Note:  Since Legacy has already taken the Backlash damage this turn, Idealist is free to attack without taking any damage

After Idealist uses her power, you may then take your normal turn

Effects in play:
The first time per turn Blade deals damage, Chrono-ranger may use a power

Side:Vengeful Mad Scientist
HP: 28 Highest Villain Target
Spoiler

Backlash Field: Ongoing--The first time Baron Blade is dealt Damage by a Target each turn, Baron Blade deals that Target 3 Lightning Damage.

Available Powers:
Tactical Shotgun: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage.  Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

Spoiler

Flak Jacket:Equipment, Limited--If Expatriette would be dealt 3 or more Damage from a single source, prevent all of it and destroy this card.
Tactical Shotgun:Equipment,Limited,Gun--Power: Expatriette deals 1 Target 4 Projectile Damage. Only 1 Ammo card may be in play next to this card at a time.

HP: 31 Highest Hero Target
Available Powers:

Spoiler

"Absolution": Equipment,Relic,Limited--When this card enters play, Fanatic regains 1 HP.Power: Select Melee, Fire, or Radiant as this card's Damage type. Fanatic deals 1 Target 3 Damage of that type.

Hand:
Spoiler

Fanatic deals 1 Target X Projectile Damage, where X = the destroyed Target's current HP before it was destroyed.
Aegis of Resurrection: Equipment,Relic,Limited--When Fanatic drops to 0 or fewer HP, restore Fanatic to 10 HP, then, destroy this card.
Zealous Offense: Ongoing,Limited--At the start of your turn, select up to 2 non-Character card targets. Those Targets cannot deal Damage until the start of your next turn.At the end of your turn, if you have not dealt at least 3 Damage this turn, destroy this card.
End of Days: Ongoing--At the start of the Environment turn, destroy all cards in play, other than this card, Character cards, and Relics.Then, destroy this card.
Wrathful Retribution: One-Shot--Discard 3 cards.If you do, Fanatic deals 1 Target X Radiant Damage, where X = Fanatic's maximum HP minus her current HP.

HP: 21
Available Powers

Hand:
Spoiler

Inspiring Presence: Ongoing,Limited--When this card enters play, each Hero Target regains 1 HP.Increase Damage dealt by Hero Targets by 1.
Flying Smash: One-Shot--Legacy deals up to 3 Targets 3 Melee Damage each.

Dr Medico
10 hp Lowest Hero Target

Mainstay
11 hp

The Idealist
10 hp Lowest Hero Target

Writhe
11 hp

Hand
Spoiler

Fling into Darkness: One-Shot--One of your Heroes deals 1 Target 3 Melee Damage.If that Target now has 4 or fewer HP and Writhe is active, destroy that Target.
Second Chance: One-Shot--Flip one of your Character cards from its incapacitated side to its active side.Restore it to 6 HP.
Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Aura of Vision: Ongoing, Signature--At the start of your turn, if the Idealist is active, select 1 Player. That Player may draw 1 card.

Spoiler

"The Ultimate Target":Ongoing,Bounty--Play this card next to a non-Hero Target.Increase Damage dealt by Chrono-Ranger to that Target by 1.The first time that Target deals Damage each turn, you may use a Power.

Spoiler

F.I.L.T.E.R. Spy: 2 hp,Anomaly,Agent--At the end of the Environment turn, this card deals the non-Agent Target with the second highest HP (H) minus 1 Toxic Damage.

Outcast

I assume it's my turn?

But before that, yes i will let Idealist use her power to attack Baron Blade thanks to Legacy's Gung Ho once more.

Then on my turn...i think the guys could use some more options. I'll play Team Communications and try to see what else we can do/play.

"We need a plan to take out Baron Blade and his new power armor guys. Any ideas?"

catwhowalksbyhimself

You draw

Spoiler

Restorative Burst: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, you may flip one of your incapacitated Heroes and restore it to 3 HP.Each Hero Target regains 1 HP.
Horrifying Dichotomy: One-Shot--If Dr. Medico is active, he deals 1 Target 3 Energy Damage.If Writhe is active, he deals 1 Target 3 Infernal Damage.

You may now play a card.

Outcast

Cool.

Dr. Medico signals Writhe to flank and attack Baron Blade at the same time.

I'll play Horrifying Dichotomy.

Afterwards, I'll use Dr. Medico's healing power to whoever gets the backlash.

Then draw a card to end my turn.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Medico deals damage first, so he takes the backlash and heal himself.  Since Blade deals damage, I'll hit him for 2 and 2 again for a total of 10 points of damage between the three of us.

You draw

Spoiler

Dark Delusions: One-Shot--If Writhe is active, he deals each Villain Target 2 Infernal Damage. If the Idealist is active, she deals 1 Target 3 Psychic Damage.

That makes it my turn. I will play Sudden Contract to Pull By Any Means out of my deck and play it on Blade.  This increases all damage dealt to Blade by 1.  I'm going to deal a total of 12 damage to him, leaving him at 4 and he'll hit me for 3.  I draw a card and and my turn.

The Environment plays Rift in Time which play Passing Tumbleweed, which doesn't do anything, then as soon as Blade hit the highest I hit him back for 6 and he goes down.

Heroes Win!

Yeah, that was fast.  Blade is usually pretty easy.  New game will be starting soonish. Uncle Yuan wants in the next one and he's at least as good a player as I am, so expect lot of fun shenaniguns from whatever character he plays.

Deaths Jester

Well...hmmm...didn't get to do much that time around...I'm up for another though.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Reepicheep

Golly. That was just brutal.

Poor guy. :(

Glitch Girl

well, that escalated quickly.

Good game guys.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka